Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 11-05-2013, 12:48 PM
Top Dog

What does everyone do with their babies when they shower?

Lillian will not stay by herself for more than 6-7 minutes. Inevitably, if I try to shower, even if she's napping, when I turn the water off I hear her screaming. Mostly I just shower when so or my mom are here, but I got gross at yoga this am and now idk how to get un-gross without traumatizing my kid.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 11-05-2013, 01:03 PM
Top Dog

Flying with younger babies is pretty easy. They're on your lap, so it is easy to comfort them, nurse them/give bottles, etc. We flew when Clive was 6 months old (and he was a pretty fussy baby, so I was very nervous) and he slept the whole time, starting right after we took off. If you can choose seats, choose the one at the very back, near the rest rooms. There is more leg room. We were very fortunate in that we had been seated elsewhere, but there was only one person seated in that row and she asked us if we'd like to switch. Clive actually spent a great deal of time napping on that empty seat between us. He slept on the flight back as well.

Now he's an opinionated (and still fussy) toddler and we'll likely have to fly with him next month. That's a bit terrifying.

In regards to showering, he'd usually sleep through my showering. Otherwise, I put him in his bouncer or his infant seat on the bathroom floor while I showered. He rarely fussed, but when he did, I let him fuss for a minute. I was not taking luxurious 20 minute showers, but fussing for the time it took me to wash my body was not going to ruin his day, particularly when I could peek my head out and talk to him frequently.

That said, I'm very protective of my showers and refuse to sit around grimy.
Old 11-11-2013, 08:42 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by milos_mommy View Post
What does everyone do with their babies when they shower?

Lillian will not stay by herself for more than 6-7 minutes. Inevitably, if I try to shower, even if she's napping, when I turn the water off I hear her screaming. Mostly I just shower when so or my mom are here, but I got gross at yoga this am and now idk how to get un-gross without traumatizing my kid.
I shower with Everleigh she sits in her bouncy chair while I wash, then I bring her in with me. Or I have a bath with her.

So yesterday was a big day around here. Everleigh cut a third tooth and she sat up on her own. Saturday we have a Christmas photo shoot booked so I'm hoping she sits up more and more this week!
I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Buddy Girl - 2000-2013. "Blessed is he who has earned the love of an old dog."

Obi - 7 year old Incorrigible Dog.

Old 11-14-2013, 08:20 AM
Top Dog

Her smile is so stinking cute!

What is on everyone's baby's Christmas list? And what would your baby want if they were turning 6 months old around Christmas?

Old 11-14-2013, 10:15 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Her smile is so stinking cute!

What is on everyone's baby's Christmas list? And what would your baby want if they were turning 6 months old around Christmas?
Wish List

That's Falon's Christmas List. I also asked for clothes in anything over 9 month size, fleece pajamas, and donations to her college fund.

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 11-15-2013, 11:24 AM
Top Dog

Ev's list includes books, wooden toys, PJs. Maybe a Bumbo chair since she's lean enough now to fit in one. I'm hoping to avoid clothes (since it's so hard to find things that fit her well), electronic toys, and other things that we'll never use because I hateee clutter. Oh, and dolls because I have a doll phobia.

For a six month old I would be looking for anything related to teething (bandana bibs = must have item here) or stuff that makes life easier if starting solids. We are doing BLW so we don't need anything really.

And speaking of that, Everleigh really likes cucumber. Like, really.
I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Buddy Girl - 2000-2013. "Blessed is he who has earned the love of an old dog."

Obi - 7 year old Incorrigible Dog.

Old 11-19-2013, 08:13 PM
Top Dog

I've started Lillian on purees. I wanted to BLW, but since I had to stop breastfeeding, I decided to try some purees.

She seems to think they're beyond disgusting, but happily slobbered all over a regular whole banana today, so I guess we're doing BLW anyway.

Karen, how are you doing? We haven't had any updates in a while!

Old 11-19-2013, 10:14 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Karen, how are you doing? We haven't had any updates in a while!
Thanks for asking. Physically, I'm great. Still no pregnancy symptoms whatsoever (haven't even told work yet, because I'm not showing and I see no need to rock the boat sooner than I have to!) I'm 21 weeks on Friday, and we're (hopefully) finding out gender that afternoon.

Mentally/emotionally...well...I'm still in therapy every 2 weeks. I think I'm starting to accept that this is my new reality, which is major progress, but my therapist and I have both determined that I'm not really capable of going any further than that until baby is here and fear of the unknown is gone.

Once we get through the holidays we'll start the check list of finding a pediatrician, birth classes, etc.

Lucyfur CA O-NAC O-NCC S-NJC O-TNO S-TGN S-WVN HPN SG
Old 11-20-2013, 02:46 PM
Top Dog

Egads you guys, I'm making a photo book and it's making me so...sad? I don't even know, but she was so tiny and squishy and now she's big and *flail*. Stop growing so fast baby. This entire year feels surreal sometimes.

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 11-22-2013, 08:43 AM
Top Dog

Taq - tell me about it. Lillian's sitting up. And starting solids. And somehow that makes her seem like all the newborn is gone.

Karen, I'm glad you're doing well physically! When are you going to Peru? And, TBH, being pregnant didn't seem real to me until I got my anatomy scan. Even though I had already told all my family and friends, and I knew it was real, I don't think I could picture myself with a baby until after that ultrasound.