Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-16-2013, 11:52 AM
APBTs & One Crazy Banana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
I honestly have no idea what you're talking about about the giant dog charging out of the open garage?
One of the two incidents that you're claiming is causing "negative perception" of my breed and particularly causing you to be "wary of Pit Bulls." It seemed to me that your first thought was to think of the APBT negatively, but not the other dog/breed, or its irresponsible owner.

Quote:
I was just trying to illustrate two things 1) that DA/dog on dog attacks can cause pit bulls bad press or cause people to be more wary of the breeds. People seemed to be saying that a pit bull attacking another dog wouldn't cause an issue?
I never said it wouldn't cause an issue. I said more likely than not, an unleashed dog running up to a leashed Pit Bull and being attacked would not be heard about (and, frankly, shouldn't be), whereas if a person ran up to a HA Pit Bull and was attacked, it would be a headline.

Quote:
2) DA means you have to manage that dog very closely. And if the management goes wrong then sometimes the consequences are also very bad and dangerous.
Nobody ever claimed otherwise.

Quote:
I feel like you're trying to twist that into something it wasn't meant to be.
Nope, just responding to what it seems like you were saying. It's not really my fault if other people aren't clear in their intentions.