Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 10-30-2013, 11:06 PM
Obey the Toad.

Down 10.6 lbs this week-exercising made a huge difference!

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~

Labs do it in the lake.

Old 11-05-2013, 06:46 PM
Sport Model Pug

Just registered for the first of my spartan races next year. A sprint in Montana in May. Soooo stoked! Our gym put together a team

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 11-05-2013, 07:31 PM
dogstrong

I did a 3 mile bike ride the other day and a 1 mile today, both with Bloo.

Equinox Shadow Of A Hero CGC "Shadow"
Equinox Ain't No Rest For The Wicked CGC "Embyr"
Equinox Play Me Some Mountain Music "Copper"
Equinox Don't Feed It After Midnight "Bloo"
Old 11-09-2013, 01:54 PM
Silence! I ban you!

Ran in a 5K in support of our Local Library and an organization called "The Open Link", which provides resources for struggling families (financial and employment counseling and assistance, domestic violence court accompaniment, medically necessary transport, holiday programs, Meals on Wheels, Community Food Cupboard, congregate meals, GED preparation, health and wellness, lifelong learning). It was the toughest course so far (it's all on a golf course with a couple of really steep and long hills) but I ran a personal best and beat the previous mark by a minute.

Since it's my birthday and I busted my ass this morning, I'm going to live a little. Had a nice cooked breakfast, going to go see Thor later with the kids (oldest is home from college for the weekend) then dinner - Mrs. Q put a pot roast in.
Old 11-15-2013, 01:54 PM
Silence! I ban you!

Took a nice 5 mile run at lunch time today. 8 minute pace. Weather was very cooperative in the high 40's. Felt and smelled like fall. Sounded like it, too, as I ran through sidewalks covered with fallen leaves.
Old 11-16-2013, 09:55 AM
Silence! I ban you!

Anyone else still working out? Awfully quiet in here

Went for a 10K run before breakfast today. A little slower than yesterday's lunch run (8:30 pace). Ate a nice hot cooked breakfast after that.
Old 11-16-2013, 10:28 AM
Sit! Good dog.

I've lost 7lb and quite a few inches here and there

I still do my bootcamp work out twice a week, and a 10 min hard workout every day (or there abouts, slacked a bit). And still eating 'clean'.
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 11-16-2013, 10:48 AM
Silence! I ban you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy View Post
I've lost 7lb and quite a few inches here and there

I still do my bootcamp work out twice a week, and a 10 min hard workout every day (or there abouts, slacked a bit). And still eating 'clean'.
Keep up the good work! The weight is good but the inches are what you really notice.

Sure, I'm down 103 pounds, but I'm down a solid 12 inches in my waist. Was wearing snug 46 waist pants and now my 34's are loose. Plus, my shirt size is down from a 3xl to a large.
Old 11-18-2013, 05:07 PM
Sit! Good dog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddieq View Post
Keep up the good work! The weight is good but the inches are what you really notice.

Sure, I'm down 103 pounds, but I'm down a solid 12 inches in my waist. Was wearing snug 46 waist pants and now my 34's are loose. Plus, my shirt size is down from a 3xl to a large.
Very good!

I'm back in some clothes that were on the too tight side of snug the other month, which is fab

It's the first time in my life I've exercised this consistently for this long too!!! And my eating patterns seem to have changed a lot... Doesn't feel a challenge to not eat carbs/sugar etc now. I'm still eating the same stuff as on the detox, not added any cheats regularly (had the odd one off thing, like a slice of bread, glass of wine at a weekend).

I'm not as bloated, but it's not helped my ibs, so it's deffo something I'm still eating and NOT gluten (I've had bread). I'm wondering if it's cashew nuts for some reason as I have them every day at the moment..... I should do a week off!!! Next task.......
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 11-26-2013, 07:51 AM
Silence! I ban you!

I have a doctor's appointment in the morning. He already called about my blood work and he was thrilled with it. Halved my Lipitor dosage, so that makes it 2 medications off and one halved. We'll see about the blood pressure tomorrow, hopefully. I've been taking it daily and it's right on the money.

Had a 4 mile run this morning before breakfast. Supposed to get a noreaster through here later today, so it was good to get a run in before it turns nasty.