Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 11-10-2013, 10:48 PM
Top Dog

Dog's Name: Annie
Dog's Breed: Aussie and possibly Daschund mix
Collar Size: Medium
Favourite Treat: Peanut butter flavored treats
Favourite Toy: She loves many toys. Especially the more interactive ones. Like if they bounce or squeak or have a puzzle. Not big on just plain rubber chews but she loves rope toys. She has tons of regular toys. I think she would like a chew grab bag or puzzle toy or something like the jolly pets teaser ball.
Treats they cannot have: n/a
Toys they won't use: plain rubber chews. And only the stuffed toys that actually don't have stuffing or just minimal stuffing.
Anything else!:

Clothing size: doesn't wear clothing
neck size: can't find a tape measure but she wears a medium collar now.

Your favourite colour(s): Any. Gray, pink, yellow, teal, kiwi green.
foodstuff you do not like (for humans!): not big on many sweets that aren't chocolate but I'm not really picky.

Old 11-11-2013, 08:13 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toller_08 View Post
For whomever gets me, whatever you send can just be communal for everyone to share. I don't tend to split things up between dogs, unless it's collars or something very obviously intended for someone specific. And you don't have to send for all of the dogs - Dance and Journey are the only two who actually even play with things anyway, and do a lot of training (treats!), and are much more "my" dogs than the other two as well. If you do get the Dobes anything, they truly won't use anything but treats.

Dog's Name: Dance
Dog's Breed: Toller
Collar Size: 14"
Favourite Treat: Anything!
Favourite Toy: Balls, squeakies, but really anything goes. She loves to play!
Treats they cannot have: No known allergies
Toys they won't use: Tugs
Your favourite colour(s): Dance likes purple, pink or turquoise.

Dog's Name: Journey
Dog's Breed: Aussie
Collar Size: 15"
Favourite Treat: Anything!
Favourite Toy: Balls, squeakies, TUGS! She loves tugs.
Treats they cannot have: No known allergies
Toys they won't use: Nothing. She loves to play with anything.
Your favourite colour(s): Journ likes purple and teal. But she looks good in anything but pink (not a girly girl at all).

For collar widths for both dogs, I prefer 3/4", but 1" can look good too. If it's a leather collar/something with a metal buckle, the buckle area has to be 3/4", otherwise it's too heavy and bulky.

The Dobermans: Honestly neither really play, and they really don't need any new collars or clothing. Treats wise, they can't do chicken, but everything else seems ok.

Anything else!: Just no junk food or rawhide please. Also, no nylon leashes please. Otherwise pretty much anything goes. I really love slip leads and martingale leads lately. Perfect for all of the activities we do.

Food that I don't like: Can't think of anything inparticular that I don't like, except dried fruit. I like chocolately things and nutty things.
My favourite colours for me in case that's what that question was actually intended for are: purple, teal, green, turquoise.
I think my list still applies, but if my person is stuck at all, as I was walking all four dogs today I was really wishing I had one of those multi-purpose (euro?) leashes (biothane or leather, 1/2" to 5/8" wide). I had one that I was borrowing for a long time but I would love one of my own. Just as an extra idea. We'll be super happy with anything!

Oh, and thinking of toys, I forgot to add before that stuffingless ones are best. All of them work, as they just play with the carcass once stuffing is removed, but I find that those "Go Dog" dragons and dinosaurs (petsmart has their own version of them now too, but less pricey I think) hold up better for my guys or Skineez type toys. :-)

Journey - Oracle Twist of Fate TreeStarr
Ripley
Dance - Tollwest's Dancing In Style CGN FM RN
Old 11-13-2013, 10:31 PM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

Sorry I'm a little late making this post

cricketb by Yadalanh Dogs, on Flickr
Dog's Name: Cricket
Dog's Breed: Unsure... think she is a Xoloitzcuintli mix
Collar Size: I think 12.5" but I will measure my dogs tomorrow
Favourite Treat: Anything that has peanut butter in it
Favourite Toy:Loves those toys with the plastic bottles inside them... and anything interactive
Treats they cannot have: Can't have anything with gluten/wheat, Corn/Grains, Can't have chicken, duck or any kind of fish. Can only have treats made in the USA or Canada... no China anything please
Toys they won't use: If it's not interactive or noisy then she finds it boring... if it squeaks she loves it
Anything else!: I'd love to get a pair of PJs for her this Christmas. Also planning to do disc with her hopefully, rally and lure coursing... she does need a coursing slip lead. Also with collars... she can pretty much wear any kind of collar but she does have a sensitive neck. High quality leather is fine and I'd really like to get her a fleece lined collar so she can have something soft on her neck.
Also... I'd REALLY like a pink or lime green biothane harness for her. It would need to have both a front clip option and back clip option, but I really really want a biothane harness for her.

Clothing Size(I'll have to look up the measurements I posted last year. Will get back to you on this one for all my dogs.
Back length:
leg length:
chest size:
neck size: I think 12.5"

Dog's Name: Bamm
Dog's Breed: Border Collie mix
Collar Size: I think 15" ish??? I'll double check this tomorrow as well.
Favourite Treat: ANYTHING.... he seriously loves anything...
Favourite Toy: Squeaker toys, loves tennis balls and loves discs
Treats they cannot have: Can't have anything that isn't USA or Canada made. Prefer grain free/gluten free for my dogs.
Toys they won't use: He pretty much will play with anything.
Anything else!: I like puzzle toys/interactive stuff for him. He needs more things that challenge that border collie brain of his and he LOVES figuring new stuff out.

Clothing Size (I'll take measurements tomorrow)
Back length:
leg length:
chest size:
neck size:

Dog's Name: Joey
Dog's Breed: Ibizan Hound
Collar Size:Can't remember. I'll measure him.
Favourite Treat: He's a food hound. I don't even think he has a favorite treat because he likes everything.
Favourite Toy: Tug toys and stuff that squeaks
Treats they cannot have: Anything China made. Other than that I haven't noticed any food allergies with him to worry about. Again I do prefer grain free/gluten free
Toys they won't use: He entertains himself so he pretty much will play with any toy. I do know that stuffed animals do not last long with him around. He will destuff them in the first few minutes.
Anything else!: I really want to get him a new coursing lead with an alligator/lock jaw snap. We do coursing and planning to do more tracking with him. He is named Joey like the baby Kangaroo so anything kangaroo related is awesome.

Clothing Size (will get measurements tomorrow. Dogs are asleep and don't want to bug them right now)
Back length:
leg length:
chest size:
neck size:

Your favourite colour(s): pink/Royal purple
foodstuff you do not like (for humans!): Meh I pretty much like most anything.

Extra stuff: Please NO antlers or super hard bones for my dogs. After Cricket broke her tooth I want to avoid super hard bones. My dogs do love the Zukes Dental stuff (apple flavor especially) and Whimzies.

We LOVE interactive stuff around here to keep dogs from getting bored. Treat dispensing stuff is awesome.

Would like a long biothane lead... 15 ft or longer... and 1/2" wide
Itztli- Standard size coated Xoloitzcuintle
Old 11-14-2013, 04:39 PM
Resident fainting goat

EDITS! Merlin can no longer have antlers and other notations
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post
*edits*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post

Dog's Name: Merlin Augustus (fluffybutt/bunnybottom is also acceptable)
Dog's Breed:Australian Shepherd (/rabbit)
Collar Size: Medium/1 inch or less/16-19 inches (doesn't really need another collar but we do love our bowties!)

Favourite Treat: Anything lol long lasting treats (filled bones, bully sticks, bones etc...) are always super handy and great!
Dry treats for his treat jar also, any kind.
Really likes doggy icing cookies

Favourite Toy: anything treat dispensing/that hides treats, sturdy stuffed toys with squeakers, ANTLERS, cuz ball, anything that makes a weird noise (grunting etc..) or dispenses treats he is really into. Balls of any kind.

Treats they cannot have: Made in china, have grain etc.. "moist" treats give him gas!

Toys they won't use: Rope toys, flimsy stuffed animals (well he will use them lol for about 5 seconds before gutting them)

Anything else!:
- Long lasting/busy toys & treats (ones that dispense treats, long lasting etc..) are his favorites
- No allergies
- NO ANTLERS (we've discovered he's been wrecking his teeth on them and is getting obnoxious with throwing them around the house)

Clothing Size: No clothing please, he's too fluffy and he won't wear it without throwing a tantrum. Bow ties are much more his style

Your favourite colour(s): blue, teal,red
foodstuff you do not like (for humans!): Chocolate, vegetables