My Kaylee Dog

Kaylee girl is no longer hurting.

We had a vet come today to let her go. She held out for an incredible amount of time, still having zoomies, dancing for her food and chewing out of her tether and going for a neighbor hood jaunt on three legs. But the last week she had gone down hill significantly and the last day she started having trouble breathing and just wasn't there.

She was and is the goofiest dog I have ever known, she made me crazy every day but every time she would turn around and make me laugh till I cried. I was woken up nightly so that she could crawl under the covers with me and glared at when I got up in the morning.

She had as many quirks in one of her toes as all the other dogs together and there will never be another dog like her a dog that made me want to strangle and hug her simultaneously and who could shut her brain off at will.

She is my Buttface and the house feels very empty without her. Six years old is way too young.

I miss you Baby Girl.

k9krazee

Aww, so, so sorry. I'm glad she had good days up until the end and that she was able to go peacefully at the house.

You all are in my thoughts, Lindsey. Six years was way too short, but you'll always have her with you in your memories & heart. She sure was a special girl. <3

Taqroy

Ah Linds, I am so so sorry. I knew this post was coming and I've been dreading it, Kaylee was beautiful and awesome and I'll miss seeing pictures of her. ((((hugs))))

Oko

Silence, peasants.
I had no idea she was so young, it's never easy but only six? I'm sorry, that's so rough. It sounds like she was an awesome character to the end though, what a special girl you had. :)

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
:(

I am so so sorry. She was a real fighter though, wasn't she? Determined to have as many good days as possible.

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate it.

I hate that even though I knew this was coming for awhile it still didn't seem to make it hurt less or the hit softer. Feeding her her last meal of ground turkey and peanut butter last night was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do.

She was still her right up to the end. The vet had a cookie for her while she put the sedative in and Kaylee still managed to gobble that all up because she was never one to turn down food.

Three days ago she had to go out in the middle of the night and refused to come in. In the time it took me to put shoes on she had chewed through her rope and hobbled off halfway through the neighbors yard. Five days ago she dragged a bag of garbage out of the kitchen and into the living room to have a party with it.

The vet was great though, it was a mobile euthanasia vet and doing it this way was just the best for everyone. Kaylee gets so stressed out at the vet and at this point walking that far would have been really hard for her.

I just miss her so much already. She was supposed to live forever, that's the way it's supposed to work when you have a dog you want to strangle as often as you want to hug and instead she gets cancer when she's five. Just not fair.

Cancer sucks.

Baxter'smybaby

swimming upstream
I'm so sorry--she sounds like she was a character--and knew how to steal your love. Rest easy Kaylee.

BostonBanker

I'm so sorry for your loss. I love the stories about how naughty she was right up to the end - what a tough gal to not let anything get her down!

Members online

No members online now.