Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 11-09-2013, 10:34 AM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

Quote:
Bad news: Her GSD bitch has dysplastic hips, so she won't be breeding her. So my dad won't be getting one of her puppies
That sucks , but at your dad can find comfort in the fact that she is a responsible person who did the right thing.

Old 11-09-2013, 10:34 AM
<(같<) <(같)> (>같)>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oko View Post
Wesley did this exact same thing when he was around her age. He would do it whenever we would come back from the offleash beach, on the way home he'd start up. It took a ton of reinforcing him for not doing it when he was not in his wound up mode, stopping and having him drop the leash (sooo tedious) every time he grabbed it, and actually the biggest difference was taking a different route home. For whatever reason, he took walking on that street as a sign to lose his mind. Didn't go that way for 2 months, and then he was back to normal.

I know how you feel, it was so incredibly frustrating for my sister to deal with, and honestly I think he also grew out of it too, as well as the training.
Hm, I might try though, though she does it off leash too. She just seems to get totally over simulated and slightly unsure of the situation. Everything was fine, until we passed workers cutting down trees. 2 minutes later, she started acting up. Calmed her down, went on, tree creaked she started over again. Normally, she is pretty sure of herself, however in situations like that, she seems to not understand what is going on and I guess it turns a switch in her brain.

I guess getting frusterated with her, makes her even more frusterated than she was before.

You are the whisper in the wind, and the silence in dark.
You are the autumn rain, and the spring flowers.
You are the joy when I laugh, and the sorrow when I cry.
You are the earth beneath my feet, and the air in the sky
But most of all, you are my heart.
Run free, Beautiful Girl.
Old 11-09-2013, 12:31 PM
Like a bat outa' hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by GipsyQueen View Post
Hm, I might try though, though she does it off leash too. She just seems to get totally over simulated and slightly unsure of the situation. Everything was fine, until we passed workers cutting down trees. 2 minutes later, she started acting up. Calmed her down, went on, tree creaked she started over again. Normally, she is pretty sure of herself, however in situations like that, she seems to not understand what is going on and I guess it turns a switch in her brain.

I guess getting frusterated with her, makes her even more frusterated than she was before.
Could she be just going through a fear period??

Teagan Westhighland White Terrier
Panzer South African Boerboel Mastiff
Old 11-09-2013, 06:03 PM
Top Dog

Moving date up for dobe puppy. Never heard back from the one breeder I contacted. Going to look into some different ones.

I can barely stand the house without Byron in it. With gizzy gone to I'm not sure what I'm going to do.

If I have any beliefs about immortality, it is that certain
dogs I have known will go to heaven, and very, very few
persons -James Thurber
Old 11-10-2013, 12:06 AM
orange iguanas.

I forgot how exhausting puppies are. This is not "my" dog but it is so hard for me to not be involved - and so therefore, I am super involved.

And I was about ready to dump Juno outside with a "free" sign hung around her neck. Anytime a new dog comes into the house (or yard) she becomes the most obnoxious, overwhelming dog on the planet. She wants to play so bad but she comes on way too strongly and just ends up being frightening lol. And it takes her quite a while to just relax and be normal. So that's a pain.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 11-10-2013, 02:35 AM
<(같<) <(같)> (>같)>

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayleyMarie View Post
Could she be just going through a fear period??
She is, actually. That's why I'm pretty sure her acting up in the woods is because she is unsure of herself in that situation. Esp. on paths that she doesn't know very well. She's pretty much fine on our normal path. She'll try and do it once and if you plain our ignore it, it's fine after like 30 seconds.

You are the whisper in the wind, and the silence in dark.
You are the autumn rain, and the spring flowers.
You are the joy when I laugh, and the sorrow when I cry.
You are the earth beneath my feet, and the air in the sky
But most of all, you are my heart.
Run free, Beautiful Girl.
Old 11-10-2013, 07:42 AM
Big Dog

I've had my mind set on getting a Great Dane puppy for a while now; but now I've of course been browsing Petfinder and there is a older, droopy Labrador x Chow Chow mix for adoption, that looks just like a Labrador with a little more fluff to him, and now I am having thoughts about how I may need him. This is why I need to stay away from Petfinder. I swear I'm never going to get a puppy I plan for, because other dogs keep finding their way here! We will see....
Old 11-10-2013, 07:57 AM
Rollin' with my bitches

Today begins project teach the Mal to run next to the bike without killing me. Code name: We're Screwed.

This is what helmets are for.

Old 11-10-2013, 08:58 AM
Big Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruschnazzy View Post
I've had my mind set on getting a Great Dane puppy for a while now; but now I've of course been browsing Petfinder and there is a older, droopy Labrador x Chow Chow mix for adoption, that looks just like a Labrador with a little more fluff to him, and now I am having thoughts about how I may need him. This is why I need to stay away from Petfinder. I swear I'm never going to get a puppy I plan for, because other dogs keep finding their way here! We will see....
Well; that was quick. Apparently he's been adopted already. I swear no one updates their Petfinder here!
Old 11-10-2013, 09:16 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruschnazzy View Post
Well; that was quick. Apparently he's been adopted already. I swear no one updates their Petfinder here!
That means you called about him though

-------

I want a dog ready to compete in agility 2-3 years from now, when Lucy can't do it anymore. I don't want to have 2 dogs (1 young, untrained) + baby over the next 2-3 years though. To be honest, I don't really ever want 2 dogs at the same time. I wish there was a rescue that would put foundations on a dog for me. I also fear that I will never be able to get a small dog from any decent rescue with a young child in the house. *sigh*

Anyone want to adopt and care for a dog through the puppy years so I can take it back when it's 3ish?

Lucyfur CA O-NAC O-NCC S-NJC O-TNO S-TGN S-WVN HPN SG