Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 11-08-2013, 04:14 PM
F150 and a .30-06

Beanie can you run him in specials or veterans? Maybe with lower jumps he would be ok?

Sakkara's And Then There's Emma - My heart. My Soul. My Co-Pilot. Feb 26 2005 - Oct 22 2009
Can Ch Liberty's Surfer Girl TT - You will always be with me
Phil Ch Groundsniffin Secret Solo - National Specialty Winners Bitch, Multi Best Opposite In Show
Old 11-08-2013, 07:47 PM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

Wow. Found some older pics of Joey from when I first picked him up. It's amazing what a little TLC can do.

Top two are from when I got him and bottom two are more recent.
Old 11-08-2013, 07:53 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennSLK View Post
Beanie can you run him in specials or veterans? Maybe with lower jumps he would be ok?
He actually already runs in preferred, so the jump height is only 8". He does fine at that height, except he still isn't convinced he knows what the jump height will be. I have photos of him jumping 8" and you can tell he still thinks he has to clear a bar set at 16." So I don't know if it really helps him a whole lot. =/

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 11-08-2013, 08:03 PM
Top Dog

I just went out to dinner with my trainer. We were supposed to have a dog club meeting, but alas, we were (again) the only two who could make it. So we went out to dinner instead.

She was super impressed with Logan. This was actually my first time taking him to a restaurant without a halti (just in case) and he was perfect. Of course. I'm still learning to trust my dog, REALLY trust him, despite him working for over a year now.

Bad news: Her GSD bitch has dysplastic hips, so she won't be breeding her. So my dad won't be getting one of her puppies
Old 11-08-2013, 09:53 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Abrams peed. On my foot. **** dog.

Abrams, Momma's boy Chesapeake Bay Retriever and Cynder, Daddy's girl little lab muttly
~*~ DOB 4/11/13 ~*~ DOB 1/28/2006 ~*~

Old 11-08-2013, 10:22 PM
Top Dog

If anyone breaks into my house wearing a skin suit, Gavroche is NOT protecting me I swear to you he screamed like a little girl
Old 11-08-2013, 11:15 PM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by skittledoo View Post
Wow. Found some older pics of Joey from when I first picked him up. It's amazing what a little TLC can do.

Top two are from when I got him and bottom two are more recent.
I know this has nothing to do with anything but I love ibizan hounds and I love seeing pics of them, Joey was lucky to have found you and what a turn around he made!

Old 11-09-2013, 08:16 AM
Rollin' with my bitches

My dog is soooo happy to be back to PSA (we went on Wednesday and are going again this morning). And what's more, so am I.

But I'm bummed because right before Blossom got sick we were seriously considering entering a local trial mid-October to try for our PDC (mandatory entry level certificate requiring obedience and protection). Then she crashed and we had to stop training. God only knows how long it will be before there is another trial within reasonable distance. Ugh I just feel like we missed a good chance.

Oh well, I guess when the opportunity does come around again we will be over-prepared and probably already training through some PSA1 stuff. Still... I'm kinda bummed.

Old 11-09-2013, 08:35 AM
<(<) <()> (>)>

Ugh. All the way back on our walk, Zora pulled on her leash, jumped up at me and untied my shoes. Reprimanding her doesn't help. She literally does not calm down once she is in a rut.
We feel like she tries to tell you something but obviously can't and we don't know what it is. I feel horrible because today I did loose my temper at one point because we couldn't even walk the last 100 meters with out her going nutso on me. It's so irritating that I don't know how to help her, esp. nothing I did helped her. She would stop for about 2 minutes and then she'd start again.

You are the whisper in the wind, and the silence in dark.
You are the autumn rain, and the spring flowers.
You are the joy when I laugh, and the sorrow when I cry.
You are the earth beneath my feet, and the air in the sky
But most of all, you are my heart.
Run free, Beautiful Girl.
Old 11-09-2013, 10:21 AM
Silence, peasants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GipsyQueen View Post
Ugh. All the way back on our walk, Zora pulled on her leash, jumped up at me and untied my shoes. Reprimanding her doesn't help. She literally does not calm down once she is in a rut.
We feel like she tries to tell you something but obviously can't and we don't know what it is. I feel horrible because today I did loose my temper at one point because we couldn't even walk the last 100 meters with out her going nutso on me. It's so irritating that I don't know how to help her, esp. nothing I did helped her. She would stop for about 2 minutes and then she'd start again.
Wesley did this exact same thing when he was around her age. He would do it whenever we would come back from the offleash beach, on the way home he'd start up. It took a ton of reinforcing him for not doing it when he was not in his wound up mode, stopping and having him drop the leash (sooo tedious) every time he grabbed it, and actually the biggest difference was taking a different route home. For whatever reason, he took walking on that street as a sign to lose his mind. Didn't go that way for 2 months, and then he was back to normal.

I know how you feel, it was so incredibly frustrating for my sister to deal with, and honestly I think he also grew out of it too, as well as the training.

Feistea, ze Blog