Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Dog Art and Pet Paintings

Old 11-03-2013, 11:18 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

I asm not charging anything, the humane society of greater kansas city got 375 ..I think that is right, 350, who knows something along that lines. I get a headache and an excellent learning experience. The totem pole was the same kind of deal, bang your head on the wall, but I learned so much and came out a much better artist than I was before I started.

Decided after putting the dog on the teapot as the handle, that the dog is too big, scrape off dog, start again tomorrow. Dog needs to be big to be in perspective, somehow chis' must be smaller than chickens, and Labradoodle must be the largest animal of all, but it just isnt' going to work as big as I wanted it. Do over. I am doomed to do overs. Mist mist mist..trying to keep all parts uniformly wet or none of it will ever work.

some of the colors I am working with, the pot with the lighter cracks is what I am basing the body of the cups and teapot with. I like it better than the sandy white stoneware, the color is prettier and the surface nicer to touch.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Old 11-04-2013, 06:04 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

We have 2 chihuahuas, a labradoodle, a cat, a rooster & 7 hens. They are all dear family members! I'd love to see you incorporate them in some way in the set.

THat is a qoute from the email I received. So...I am 5 chickens and one cat in. One chicken two chi and one labradoodle to go. On a teapot and one more cup. I think there may just have to be a fourth cup. THere is no way I can put that much on a teapot. I figured the labradoodle and the two chi's on the lid. I forgot exactly how many chickens there really were. I put the rooster's tail in the middle so it wouldn't be able to be broken too easily.

My accomplishment today, one for the most part sugar bowl. The cat in is the electric kiln having a bisque fire. And it is just a prototype because I did it on a different clay body. It was my tester cup. Tomorrow after the moisture has had a chance to even out, I will put in the detail on the chicken toppers.

black chicken is easy enough, I have loads of black slip mixed up.

Not much for progress but if I just keep plugging away right?

uh oh..i sent an email to find out the color of the chickens..and this is what I got back.

We have 4 "black" girls, 1 blonde girl, 1 white girl, 1 white & brown rooster, 2 mini Bantys that are white & gray splash, George our fav roo who is black & red & orange, AND 6 teenage buff brahmas that are butterscotch.
That is a lot more than 7 hens and one rooster.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

Last edited by smkie; 11-04-2013 at 09:51 PM.
Old 11-05-2013, 07:41 AM
Love my pets

You are doing an awesome job. I wish the lady who won the auction would realize that there's just so much you can do. I'm glad she didn't own cattle and want all 500 of them on the cup! Sorry, but I had to say it. I would think 1 chicken & 1 rooster would be good enough, but that's me. Hugs
Old 11-05-2013, 03:11 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

People don't think Barb. That's all. Only way I can think where to put the rest is to make a tea box. Like a coop maybe. Now I need to figure out how to make even more little chickens. 2 cups down, 2 black hens done. One cat cup maybe. Will see how it turns out. The box could be for loose tea, or tea bags ( i hear some shudders) or a spoon rest..there has to be a way if I have the will. AT least the others are buff which the b mix clay body is good for, or white and grey splash, I have an open bag of porcelain, so the supplies are here. THe rest is just a puzzle.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

Old 11-11-2013, 03:09 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Default I think the sugar bowl is complete I sure hope this works

hand turned lid..no wheel. I swear the lids are the hardest part of all.

Not even half way done. sighs
one tea box, one cup and the teapot to go. I have the body of the teapot, it is ready for the spout and handle, but if I don't get on it fast, I will have to do it over (for the third time) and I just don't want to.

THe first one was before a family member became very ill. THe second right before I did my stellar mud banana peel fall. Both are now going to be bowls.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

Old 11-11-2013, 04:58 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
That is quite possibly the most gorgeous tea cup I have ever seen.
Old 11-12-2013, 09:43 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

THat is very high praise, thank you.
I sure hope the woman thinks so.
Still drawing up my plan for the coop/tea box. Somehow I need to make about 10 chickens be visible in it. I know I can make white stoneware look like wood, I did it twice, once for a glass tray for my son, and once for the base of the totem. It is mixing all the clay bodies and making them compatible that has me crossing my fingers. THe glazes I have availbe are thick and can run which is why I am not using them. I cannot go out and invest a ton in underglazes either, so my "plan" just has to work. I think it could use some work with me vibes if you have it to spare. mason stain I have, mason stain can also burn out. and that I don't want to happen. Test tiles test tiles.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

Old 11-12-2013, 04:53 PM
swimming upstream

really looking marvelous smkie!
Old 11-24-2013, 04:06 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Chickens go in..let's hope it isn't pies that come out.
almost half way there.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

Old 12-10-2013, 08:33 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

I am afraid to work on it anymore and it's so dry at this point it's a done deal anyway. so thoughts? I hope the lady doesn't have high expectations of a clay dog that is an inch long being put together with essentially mud.
Hopefully vibes welcome I do not have to do this twice.

Will look a great deal different after firing. I hope to pick up cups and sugar bowl from the guild today and am praying every mile there that what I tried to do succeeded or I will be doing that again.

I asked my design teacher Roger Funk when I could stop doing things twice, and he said when i no longer want to be a designer. Doomed to do overs for a lifetime. It's a curse. I do not want to have to do any of this over.

One of the chi's is blind in one eye.

I still haven't received the photos or descriptions from the other lady tho I have written her once a month, to say still here. I don't understand, but ok. She paid for it, I would just like to get it done, it will be far far easier.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

Last edited by smkie; 12-10-2013 at 09:00 AM.