Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 11-03-2013, 08:01 PM
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew

Default Birthday Party Ideas

So, Josh's 21st birthday is coming up in about a month. It is also our wedding anniversary.

He wants to go out and party with a few of his friends and myself, which I totally understand and am fine with. However, I'd like SOME time with just us. I recommended getting a few hotel rooms with a bar downstairs, but it's Josh and hotel bars just aren't his style.

Anyone want to help try to figure this out? Also, a word of advice.. don't get married on birthdays!

Harlow 2010 Boxer :: Rider 2012 ACDx :: Tulsa 2014 ACD

http://trailingcattle.blogspot.com/
Old 11-03-2013, 08:10 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Maybe make a day of it?

Get a hotel room (maybe one with a jacuzzi lol) and spend some pre bar time at the room. Maybe have a pre party drink and some "just the two of you time" and then go out and party it up and then head back to the hotel room for the night.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 11-03-2013, 08:22 PM
Vizsla mom

You guys got married on his birthday?! Crazy ..can I ask why? Not in a rude way just seems very different!

I'd tell him the day had to be about you guys& make it special for him so he doesn't begrudge you for it then let the birthday party start once the sun sets?
Old 11-03-2013, 11:29 PM
Top Dog

Can you go out for the weekend and do one night hotel and one night he is out with friends?

If I have any beliefs about immortality, it is that certain
dogs I have known will go to heaven, and very, very few
persons -James Thurber
Old 11-04-2013, 09:46 PM
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew

Thanks guys! I'm pretty sure that's what we are going to do! Seems like a good plan to me.. I even offered to be DD. I don't know why I didn't really think of that. I got kind of caught up in the fact that we wouldn't have the evening alone together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yv0nne View Post
You guys got married on his birthday?! Crazy ..can I ask why? Not in a rude way just seems very different!

I'd tell him the day had to be about you guys& make it special for him so he doesn't begrudge you for it then let the birthday party start once the sun sets?
Erm, well.. our wedding was semi spontaneous, I suppose? We made a lot of quick decisions and though we had planned on getting married at some point, the choice to move heavily influenced the time frame. Josh basically moved away for me so he chose the date. His birthday, so he wouldn't forget. When our anniversary comes around, I'm always tempted to ask if we can change it. Too bad it's tattooed on me.

Harlow 2010 Boxer :: Rider 2012 ACDx :: Tulsa 2014 ACD

http://trailingcattle.blogspot.com/