Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 01-07-2006, 03:13 PM
Taco Dog

If you don't care for the Boxer's looks, then I say Lab. Like Gempress said, if you watch their food intake and constantly are on the move with them, you will have no problem with weight.

"A righteous man has regard for the life of his beast." Proverbs 12:10

http://www.petfinder.com
Old 01-07-2006, 05:04 PM
Top Dog

A Golden Retriever or a Labrador Retriever would probably be great.
Old 01-07-2006, 08:24 PM
Puppy Dog

i was looking at a king shepard. they have every attribute i want. whats there health like? do they have alot of health problems? and how much money do they usually run?
Old 01-08-2006, 01:14 PM
Active Pup

Hi
Have you thought of a giant schnauzer they are truly loving and fun dogs they love people and children and the bonus is they don't shed a hair but this means they have to be groomed and clipped.
Sue
Old 01-10-2006, 06:25 PM
Top Dog

King Shepherds have a really small gene pool , as do the Shilohs, and you'll probably run into more problems health wise with them, than a GSD, (because of that small gene pool)..You also will be paying big bucks for basically, an oversized GSD.

Just because you saw labs & goldens that were "fat" doesn't mean they all are..They ARE what they EAT..Lack of exercise can also contribute.

No one can guarantee a certain "breed" will like your cats, be friendly towards people, will be non dog aggressive..It's a case of genetics and nuturing as well.

Does it have to be a purebred? How about a mixed breed? It sounds like you work at a shelter,,I'm sure you get in some nice dogs there in need of a home.

Good luck in your search
Diane
Old 01-10-2006, 07:13 PM
Top Dog

Jynx ,,,,you're right .... food in , laid back dog equals fat ! The reason they're fat is they act like they don't need the excercise , If you have a hyper dog, you are more apt to take them for walks and run them. I'm very guilty of Chip's weight... he and I are home buddys . He needs to lose about 5 # and I need the excercise.... yet I put it off !!!

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/