Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 11-03-2013, 10:13 PM
My dog tickles my soul

Dog's Name: Morgan
Dog's Breed: Labmutt
Collar Size: ~16 inches (generally "medium")
Favourite Treat: He's a labmutt. If it's edible, it's win.
Favourite Toy: Stuffies with squeakies are always a hit, but with one exception (below) he's big on toys in general.
Treats they cannot have: I avoid treats made in China and rawhide chews. That's about it.
Toys they won't use: Complex puzzle toys (ie: anything with sliders, caps, or doors to manipulate)
Anything else!: While I'm not outright discouraging collars, I do own a small collar business so he's well equipped in that department.
Although he's not fond of complex puzzle toys, he does enjoy simpler things like roll-around treat dispensers and egg babies.
Finally, one of the things I've been looking at recently is reflective and/or lighted gear for night-time walks, since Morgan is basically invisible in the dark.

Clothing Size
Back length:
~25" from base-of-neck to base-of-tail
leg length: ~23" tall at the shoulder
chest size: ~26" around
neck size: ~16"

Your favourite colour(s): I always hate this question, because I just like COLOR! If forced to make choice, I'd probably say green... but I seriously just like bright colors. lol
Foodstuff you do not like (for humans!): Not picky, and no allergies, either. The only thing I can think off the top of my head that I'm not fond off are crunchy pretzel snacks.

==========================
*Secret Santa-ing for the other pets is COMPLETELY optional!!!*
That said, I know many people like to know the whole animal household, so here ya go.

Cats: Whitacre & Ticheli (males)
Favourite Treat: Salmon jerky/dehydrated dog treats
Favourite Toy: Small stuffies (small enough to carry), "flirt pole" style chase toys. Also, Ticheli's brains will fall out (with joy) if he sees anything with feathers. It's an unhealthy addiction. LOL
Treats/toys they cannot have: NO CATNIP, PLEASE!!! (Info on this below.)
Anything else!: We have sugar gliders and catnip is toxic to them. A lot of cat toys are treated with catnip, even if the label doesn't mention it. For this reason, we generally stick to small dog toys, ferret toys, homemade toys, or creatively repurposed household items for the cats.

Other Pets: As mentioned above, we also have a colony of four sugar gliders, plus I am a cornsnake hobbyist with twelve snakes. I'm fairly particular about what sorts of things they can/can't have, so I'm not asking they be shopped for, but, again, I know some people like to know the full zoo rundown.
Old 11-08-2013, 06:48 AM
Top Dog

Dog's Name: Crossbone
Dog's Breed: Mini ACD
Collar Size: 13.5-14 in
Favourite Treat: Zukes, anything freeze dried, etc
Treats they cannot have: I avoid treats made in China and rawhide chews. That's about it.
Toys they won't use: LOVES all toys
Anything else!:
Skull/Crossbone themed things!!!
He loves chuckit balls -- he has duck butt ball which is his fave (along with the plain orange ones)!!
He has a rubber toy pig that just was destroyed that he carries around everywhere. It used to grunt & make all sorts of annoying noises

Pretty much anything that makes noise or food puzzles he will love forever

He needs sweatshirts/Jammie's for winter. He has a medium baxterboo hoodie sweatshirt that no longer fits
Clothing Size
Back length:
16"
leg length: ~12.5"
chest size: 22"
neck size: 14"

Your favourite colour(s): Black, orange, lime green

Foodstuff you do not like (for humans!): No peanuts!
Old 11-08-2013, 08:27 AM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

Crap I forgot I still have to do this. Might take me some time with three dogs but I will try to compose my list tonight.
Old 11-08-2013, 11:06 AM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

I still have to do this too!

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
1.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi

*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.
Old 11-08-2013, 11:20 AM
I'm All Ears

Dog's Name: Mia and Summer
Dog's Breed: Papillons
Collar Size: 8-10" (around there), the thinner the better
Favourite Treat: They love all foods but prefer soft treats to harder ones. They also like chews a lot- bully sticks, tendons, hooves, ears, etc. My dogs love most food. They love any pure meat treats, Zukes, freeze dried/air dried raw, etc.
Favourite Toy: Mia looooooves kong x-small squeakers and we can't have too many of those. She also likes food fillable toys a lot. We already have an IQ ball but are always looking for similar things. Summer will sorta play with her bunny tug but that's it.
Treats they cannot have: nothing from China. Rawhide They don't like antlers or himalayan chews. Mia spits out any hard cookies but Summer likes them and hordes them lol.
Toys they won't use: Summer doesn't like any toys really. She just doesn't play. Mia is really all about the kong squeakers so she is very picky about balls and other things. If I throw a different kind of ball she will get annoyed then go grab a kong squeaker instead. Doesn't like rubbery toys much and isn't terribly into stuffies really either. (she has a lot and rarely plays with them)
Anything else!: ?

Clothing Size: generally xx small? lol I really don't know, they don't have many clothes. They are 7.5-8ish lbs if that helps. They do need new sweaters. Mia's chest outgrew hers and Summer's got muddy and looks really ratty.
Back length: Mia: shoulder to butt is around 14" Summer: Same. 14"
leg length: Mia: around 7" ? She's 10.5" at the withers. Summer: 6" or so. She's 9.5 at the withers
chest size:Mia: 14" Summer: 14"
neck size: Mia: around 9" (usually wears 3/8ths" collar. No bigger than 3/4ths") Summer: 9.5" (usually wears same collars as Mia. She pulls off bigger collars better)

Your favourite colour(s):blue
foodstuff you do not like (for humans!): tomatoes? LOL

Last edited by Laurelin; 11-08-2013 at 11:30 AM.
Old 11-08-2013, 01:31 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

Dog's Name: Frodo
Dog's Breed: Pembroke Welsh Corgi
Collar Size: 16 inches
Favourite Treat: Anything without stuff he is allergic to!
Favourite Toy: Anything that food comes out of!
Treats they cannot have: Frodo is allergic to all meat sources other than beef, bison, fish, pork, and rabbit. Also no egg, and limited amounts of potato. Sorry in advance to anyone who gets him
Toys they won't use: He doesn't care for stuffies, but LOVES food toys!
Anything else!: Frodo's color is teal!

Please don't get Frodo clothes, he doesn't need anything for winter, he immediately gets too warm. If you had some other kind of clothing in mind, have someone PM me and I can add that info here, but I'm not going to measure him at this point

Dog's Name: Siri
Dog's Breed: Jack Russell Terrier
Collar Size: 9 inches
Favourite Treat: Um...anything. And everything.
Favourite Toy: Anything with real animal fur (rabbit/raccoon/etc) that is tuggable!
Treats they cannot have: She is not allowed to have most larger chews as she likes to try and kill herself with them.
Toys they won't use: Any balls other than Kong Squeaker Balls, which I buy in bulk, so she doesn't need any of those, lol.
Anything else!: Her colors are purple and hunter green!

Clothing Size
Back length: 12 inches
leg length: 13.5 inches
chest size: 16 inches
neck size: 9 inches

Your favourite colour(s): GREEEEEEEEN!
foodstuff you do not like (for humans!): I don't care for white chocolate all that much, but I will eat almost anything, lol.

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
1.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi

*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.
Old 11-08-2013, 01:33 PM
Silence, peasants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oko View Post
Dog's Name: Feist
Dog's Breed: border collie
Collar Size: No idea. If you want to guess a 4 M/O (she'll be 4 months at christmas) border collie's neck size, feel free!
Favourite Treat: Anything smelly and tasty
Favourite Toy: anything is a toy. She loves puzzle toys, things that are loud, and things that she can shake around and kill. But really, anything is a toy to Feist.
Treats they cannot have: no pig, no rawhide, made in USA only if possible.
Toys they won't use: She eats stuffed animals like they're flesh. So shes uses them, but not in a way I like.
Anything else!: if you want to throw in something for Wes feel free, although he gets tons of presents.

She's growing so much, clothes don't make sense to size.

Your favourite colour(s): yellow
foodstuff you do not like (for humans!): gluten, chocolate, coconut, corn, dairy, peanuts, pork..these are allergies sorry lol
Updated

Feistea, ze Blog
Old 11-08-2013, 02:10 PM
Top Dog

Dog's Names:2 large dogs:TANIA & GAIA

Dog's Breed:both are HOVAWARTS
Collar Size:20/22in if Ella's Lead or Paco Collar(I know,just,dreaming,lol).
Any other collar brands:24in
At this point,I'm looking for:Biothane collars,in any of these colors: black/brown/purple/dark blue/red) or Biothane leash(6ft by 5/8 or 3/4),in black.
Favourite Treat;Love the treats from ZUKE'S
Favourite Toy:LARGE WUBBA,CHUCKIT BALLS,BAD CUZ,TUG TOYS.
They would love the large KONG STICK(that floats) as I can't find it,in Fr.
Treats they cannot have:rawhide
Toys they won't use:stuffies cos they destroy them
Anything else:KENIC SHAMPOO(love that line but cant find it)
Medi-Tar Dog Shampoo or Lustre Coat Pet Shampoo
EARTHBATH:TANGO MANGO or TEA TREE OIL & ALOE VERA
Clothing Size;Not applicable,for my hairy girls.
Your favourite colour(s):Purple,blue,black,red
foodstuff you do not like (for humans!)eanut butter,pistachio but love milk & white chocolate.

I am sure that whatever is chosen,will be perfect!.
Old 11-09-2013, 05:40 PM
Richy Rich HM Twit!

Dog's Name: Cali
Dog's Breed: Rottweiler
Collar Size: 18"
Favourite Toy: Tugs (made by Katie), egg babies, nylabone (chocolate or bacon preferred), squeaky balls, and mind games.
Toys they won't use: Anything made with latex. Also, please no plush toys because it will be destroyed. The only plush toys that somewhat hold up to her are Tuffy brand.
Anything else!: Please do not send anything with small pieces, or any type of round object with a slick surface. She has really developed a love for tugging so maybe a tug lead that can be used when training? She will also be starting obedience soon and be in need of a nice leather collar/lead set. Cali doesn't really have a color since she mainly uses leather -- but all her hardware is brass.

Clothing Size Cali is hot natured so the only thing she wears is a cooling coat of some sort. She has a 33" chest, generally wears a L or XL depending on the cut of the coat.

Dog's Name: Brawt
Dog's Breed: Dachshund
Collar Size: 10"
Favourite Toy: Nylabone (chocolate preferred), tugs, working puzzle toys, stuffed toys that squeak, but will destroy them unless they are small (ex: Dr. Noys). He also loves the eggs from the egg babies (yes, he is an odd dog).
Toys they won't use: Anything made of extremely hard rubber or latex or tennis type balls. Also isn't fond of toys that are shaggy (longer type "hair").
Anything else!: Brawt doesn't really have a color -- he looks fab in red, black and orange type colors.

Clothing Size Brawt loves clothes -- his favorite part about winter is that he gets to wear PJ's. Anything that properly fits is custom made due to his short legs and long back.
Back length: 14"
leg length: 6"
chest size: 17"
neck size: 10"

Dog's Name: Charlie
Dog's Breed: Dachshund
Collar Size: 10"
Favourite Toy: Nylabone
Toys they won't use: Anything other than the two items listed above.
Anything else!: Charlie is a simple dog -- as long as he has love, food, and blankets he is a happy boy. Charlie also doesn't have a color, but looks great in red, black, and green.

Clothing Size: Charlie prefers to be naked.

I combined some of the questions since the same rules apply to all three dogs. I apologize in advance for having so many restrictions due to B's seizures.

Favourite Treat: Bully sticks, trachea, and lamb/buffalo ears. Also big fan of unusual protein sources (alligator, crawfish, buffalo, etc.).
Treats they cannot have: Antlers, anything with grains, chicken, pork, or turkey. Please no rawhide, junky treats, or anything made in China.

Your favourite colour(s): Black and teal
foodstuff you do not like (for humans!): Coffee, mint, cherry, or chewy foods.

ALSO! Please do not feel obligated to buy for all three dogs, they are all spoiled and always getting stuff bought for them.
Old 11-10-2013, 01:08 AM
The Littlest Hound

Dog's Name: Daisy
Dog's Breed: basset
Collar Size: 16-17"
Favourite Treat: she loves food of all kinds, but she's 13 now so we stick to high quality grain free stuff and nothing that could break teeth!
Favourite Toy: she doesn't play lol
Treats they cannot have: antlers/bones - anything that could cause tooth fractures.
Toys they won't use: all of them haha
Anything else!:*I am obsessed with Daisy, she is the Favorite Child who is not required to behave in any way any more.
Clothing Size: large (because shes oddly shaped - shes only 35 lbs)

:Your favourite colour(s): hot pink and black
foodstuff you do not like (for humans!): uhhhh lettuce? And fruitcake.

Dog's Name: Liz
Dog's Breed: plott
Collar Size: 15"
Favourite Treat: she eats anything but beef (odd I know)
Favourite Toy: stuffed animals only
Treats they cannot have: antlers/bones - anything that could cause tooth fractures.
Toys they won't use: anything not a stuffed animal
Anything else!:*sweet, lazy dog. Hates inclimate weather & loves comfort!
Clothing Size: large

Dog's Name: Keena
Dog's Breed: catahoula bulldog
Collar Size: 17"?
Favourite Treat: not picky
Favourite Toy: fetch stuff!
Treats they cannot have: nothing
Toys they won't use: nothing, she's playful
Anything else!:*retired service dog and the only one with manners
Clothing Size: large, but clothes fit her weird because she's deep chested.

Dog's Name: Rage
Dog's Breed: plott
Collar Size: 16"
Favourite Treat: anything
Favourite Toy: stuffed and puzzle/food toys
Treats they cannot have: nothing
Toys they won't use: frisbees? Lol
Anything else!: annoying, energetic and randomly without warning aggressive about once every three months or so :P
Clothing Size: large

The Plotts:
UKC GRCH 'PR' Hannas Creek Liz
CCH 'PR' Jebb's Bayou Rage CA

And the "off-colored" hounds:
Daisy Duke Garrett CGC, RA & my <3 dog (basset)

Very Missed:
UKC GRCH CCH 'PR' Skyplott Teddy Bearhug
UKC CH CCH 'PR' Hannas Creek Irresistible You
'PR' Dead River K-N-A Swagger - the BAD puppy!
(and Autumn, the feist.)

Last edited by PlottMom; 11-10-2013 at 01:22 AM.