Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #9621  
Old 11-01-2013, 08:22 PM
Saeleofu Saeleofu is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 9,036
Default

I ordered a blanket from Dream Catcher Weighted Blankets on September 28 with an estimated completion time of 2-3 weeks. At the 4-week mark I emailed and asked if it would be done soon, and I was told it would be done and shipped by the end of this week. The week is pretty much over, and I still have not received a shipping notice.

I emailed them again, and have yet to receive a reply. I attempted to post on their Facebook page, but it appears all posts are moderated (my post was the above paragraph with "When can I expect my blanket?" added in).

I'm starting to get irritated. I understand that sometimes there are delays. It happens. But come on, this is an expensive blanket I bought myself for my birthday, and my birthday has come and gone, and I still have no blanket and no further response.

If I don't hear anything by Monday I think I'll email them and tell them if I don't get it within X amount of time, I'm filing a Paypal dispute.
Reply With Quote
  #9622  
Old 11-01-2013, 08:23 PM
Taqroy's Avatar
Taqroy Taqroy is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Colorado
Posts: 5,534
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillside View Post
I had a totally awesome, totally sweet make out session on Saturday with a guy that I have had a crush on for a while. I've known him and hung out in the same circles for the last several years. Our mutual attraction/rapport is well known enough. To the point where his friends will start chewing him out for not hanging out with them at the bar, until they see he's talking to me. "Oh, you're talking to Corrie, nevermind, carry on."

Why is this in the venting thread?

Well, I went to look at his facebook on Monday to show a girl at work his picture and lo and behold, we are no longer FB friends. I asked him about it and he said he deactivated his account due to some baby momma drama (his son is 11ish) and that he periodically shuts it down anyways. It sounded a little fishy to me, but still plausible. That night I was having a drink with a friend of mine and I MAY have checked her fb list to see if he was on it.

He was.

He has a girlfriend.

He's always been such a stand up guy to the best of my knowledge in the past that I just don't get it. I haven't seen much of him in the last year or so because we have both been busy with work, and apparently having a GIRLFRIEND, so I guess I was slightly out of the loop.

I kind of "get" guys that cheat to have sex, but we didn't get ANYWHERE close to that. He wasn't pushing for it, no clothes came anywhere close to coming off. We were just hanging out, talking and kissing. That's it.

So now, not only am I disappointed that there will be no more to this, but that I don't think he's a good guy anymore.

*sigh*
WTF? What a jerk. I'm sorry that happened to you, I really hate it when people I think are decent turn out not to be. ((((hugs))))
__________________


I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Reply With Quote
  #9623  
Old 11-01-2013, 08:43 PM
Emily's Avatar
Emily Emily is offline
Rollin' with my bitches
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Illinois
Posts: 2,115
Default

This morning at 5:30 am Blossom greeted me with a big stretch that included her paws in my face. Her nails caught my freakin' eyeball and now the white of my eyes has two giant, raw, red blotches.

And it hurts.

I will never understand how this dog keeps inventing new ways to hurt me with love.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #9624  
Old 11-01-2013, 09:14 PM
frostfell's Avatar
frostfell frostfell is offline
Kung Pow Fish
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Albany, New York
Posts: 823
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saeleofu View Post
I ordered a blanket from Dream Catcher Weighted Blankets on September 28 with an estimated completion time of 2-3 weeks. At the 4-week mark I emailed and asked if it would be done soon, and I was told it would be done and shipped by the end of this week. The week is pretty much over, and I still have not received a shipping notice.

I emailed them again, and have yet to receive a reply. I attempted to post on their Facebook page, but it appears all posts are moderated (my post was the above paragraph with "When can I expect my blanket?" added in).

I'm starting to get irritated. I understand that sometimes there are delays. It happens. But come on, this is an expensive blanket I bought myself for my birthday, and my birthday has come and gone, and I still have no blanket and no further response.

If I don't hear anything by Monday I think I'll email them and tell them if I don't get it within X amount of time, I'm filing a Paypal dispute.
be careful with how long you wait! paypal wont do disputes over things past X amt of days, either 60 or 90, something like that
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9625  
Old 11-01-2013, 09:19 PM
sparks19's Avatar
sparks19 sparks19 is offline
I'd rather be at Disney
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Lancaster, PA
Posts: 28,305
Default

They may have changed it but it was 45 days for
Paypal dispute
__________________
Quote:

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”


G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney






Reply With Quote
  #9626  
Old 11-01-2013, 10:28 PM
Saeleofu Saeleofu is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 9,036
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
They may have changed it but it was 45 days for
Paypal dispute
****, you're right, it is 45 days. I was definitely thinking it was 60. Thanks for the heads up! I think if I don't have a shipping notice by tomorrow night (end of the week) I'm just going to open a dispute. Then they can negotiate within the dispute.
Reply With Quote
  #9627  
Old 11-01-2013, 10:36 PM
Dogdragoness's Avatar
Dogdragoness Dogdragoness is offline
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Gillett/San Antonio TX
Posts: 3,487
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily View Post
This morning at 5:30 am Blossom greeted me with a big stretch that included her paws in my face. Her nails caught my freakin' eyeball and now the white of my eyes has two giant, raw, red blotches.

And it hurts.

I will never understand how this dog keeps inventing new ways to hurt me with love.
And you can't even get mad at them because thy will be all like ... " WTH mom I was just loving you!" Josefina does that, along with having a penchant for sticking her (often very cold nose) up my shorts when I wear them (I wear long baggy shorts around the house) or on any other bare skin :P
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #9628  
Old 11-01-2013, 10:42 PM
Emily's Avatar
Emily Emily is offline
Rollin' with my bitches
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Illinois
Posts: 2,115
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdragoness View Post
And you can't even get mad at them because thy will be all like ... " WTH mom I was just loving you!" Josefina does that, along with having a penchant for sticking her (often very cold nose) up my shorts when I wear them (I wear long baggy shorts around the house) or on any other bare skin :P
EXACTLY! Blossom is such a hapless dork, she has no idea what she did, but she's sorry you're mad.

Also B does that with her nose too, along with lifting up my towel when I get out of the shower. Creeper.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #9629  
Old 11-01-2013, 11:16 PM
Hillside's Avatar
Hillside Hillside is offline
Original Twin
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Des Moines, IA
Posts: 3,048
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taqroy View Post
WTF? What a jerk. I'm sorry that happened to you, I really hate it when people I think are decent turn out not to be. ((((hugs))))
Thanks. I'm totally bummed out right now. I had a really good time on Saturday and frankly, it's a little odd that I am this bummed out by it. I've been able to blow off far bigger disappointments far easier. I guess maybe I really did like the dude and maybe thought that there might be a chance with this one. I think overall, he's still probably a decent person, just not so much on the relationship level. Now I kind of feel like I have to look over my shoulder because what if he feels so bad that he tells her about it? The way MOST people work is by blaming the other woman/man versus their cheating partner. Not logical, but I've seen it time and again because people aren't logical when they have been cheated on.


On a different note, *I* too have a messed up eye. Mine isn't Malinois related, but the theory that my friend Shawn (who is an ER) doctor has is that it's from all the sneezing I've been doing from my fall allergies.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9630  
Old 11-02-2013, 07:22 AM
CaliTerp07's Avatar
CaliTerp07 CaliTerp07 is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 7,637
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillside View Post
On a different note, *I* too have a messed up eye. Mine isn't Malinois related, but the theory that my friend Shawn (who is an ER) doctor has is that it's from all the sneezing I've been doing from my fall allergies.
Please please please get an eye doctor to look at it! My sister put off going to the doctor for a week because she only had catastrophic insurance and didn't want to pay for the office visit. She was having blurry vision that wouldn't go away. Turns out both retinas were detaching, and because she had waited more than 48 hours, it is very likely she will never get her sight back.

She had surgery on Monday and is just now starting to be able to open her eyes. The less severe eye seems to be okay, the other one is still behind an eye patch and is unable to focus still. It's super scary.

Don't mess with your eyes.
__________________


Lucyfur CA O-NAC O-NCC S-NJC O-TNO S-TGN S-WVN HPN SG
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:25 AM.


©1997-2013 Chazhound Dog Site