Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 11-01-2013, 12:49 PM
I'm All Ears

I haven't had any problems other than me not realizing 4-1 = 3...

The questions don't make much difference on the computer but they annoy me on my phone.

I think activity is just down lately for a lot of reasons.... we lost some really active posters plus we haven't had too many new posters who post a lot lately. I feel like we've hashed out most things and there's just nothing else to say anymore?
Old 11-01-2013, 12:52 PM
Lord Cynical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
I haven't had any problems other than me not realizing 4-1 = 3...

The questions don't make much difference on the computer but they annoy me on my phone.

I think activity is just down lately for a lot of reasons.... we lost some really active posters plus we haven't had too many new posters who post a lot lately. I feel like we've hashed out most things and there's just nothing else to say anymore?
I run into this. I'll find myself responding and halfway through just ditch it because it's already been said three billion times before.

Morado Dobermans... and Talla the Mexidog too! (group photo pending)
Old 11-01-2013, 01:20 PM
<(<) <()> (>)>

I've been posting WAY less than usual - I can't really say why though. I do really miss the quick reply though.

You are the whisper in the wind, and the silence in dark.
You are the autumn rain, and the spring flowers.
You are the joy when I laugh, and the sorrow when I cry.
You are the earth beneath my feet, and the air in the sky
But most of all, you are my heart.
Run free, Beautiful Girl.
Old 11-01-2013, 02:15 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taqroy View Post
I'm not really sure that's it - or not all of it. I actually think the venting and good news thread have a lot more to do with it. I noticed that once those really got started we had a lot fewer new threads because things that used to be a whole topic are being discussed in those. /shrug

The questions don't bother me at all but I also don't have it randomly telling me I'm doing it wrong.
I avoid posting from my phone 90% of the time because it's difficult to answer the questions from my phone. I also avoid posting short replies from my computer about 60% of the time due to a lack of quick reply box. Bringing back the quick reply box would be awesome, even if it did have a question with it.
Old 11-01-2013, 02:16 PM
Twin 2

If you use tapatalk you don't need to answer the questions Sael, at least I never have.
Old 11-01-2013, 02:24 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linds View Post
If you use tapatalk you don't need to answer the questions Sael, at least I never have.
I don't have tapatalk, and I don't have room to install it, either (my phone has very, very little memory, unfortunately, so it's saved for apps I actually NEED :/).

Quote:
I completely agree with this. I actually don't really like those threads for that reason. I feel people think it's silly to post a thread since it can relatively easily fit into one of those. And on top of it most people don't reply to each other in those threads.

I think they're great for just little things that no one would ever make a thread about but I notice a lot of things that go into those would have before been a whole thread.

I miss that.
This, definitely. I'm guilty of putting stuff there that ought to have its own thread, but then when I want to start a new thread, I think "This is stupid, just put it in the venting/good news/musing thread." And since there's one for venting, one for good news, and one for musing (basically everything that's not a vent or good news), AND ones for dog-specific musings/vents, there's not much reason to make new threads. I mean, what else can we talk about that doesn't fit in one of those categories? Even show results/new titles/new dogs get posted to the mega-threads, and that accounts for a lot of posts. Then the snapshot thread takes care of the pictures - ordinarily I'd save snapshots then make a big thread, but now, there's no need.

I admit sometimes I wish they'd be closed so we can go back to being more of a forum and less of a list of vents/musings/news.

Even the "my dog's thread" type of threads bother me. Yes, I want to keep up with your dog. No, I don't want to sort through 200 pages of replies to do it.

Last edited by Saeleofu; 11-01-2013 at 02:38 PM.
Old 11-01-2013, 02:34 PM
My dog tickles my soul

I haven't had any issues with the question, aside from that I nearly always forget to answer it on the first attempt and then it yells at me. When I do answer, though, it hasn't told me I'm wrong. Yet...

I honestly hadn't noticed that the Quick Reply button was gone.

All that said, I'll admit that I haven't been posting as much because I don't have the time to sort through the lump threads to find the topics of the day. I try to respond to regular threads when I can, but the majority of my "New Posts" page is filled with the lump threads, and since I can't check on them constantly to keep up... I don't.

I'm not completely against threads of that nature, but it does seem to have taken away from some of the more targeted discussions that used to happen around here.

ALSO, to be fair, I can't blame my posting absence completely on them, either. I've just had a lot going on offline and time/priorities have shifted a little bit. Being a grown-up is hard sometimes.
Old 11-01-2013, 03:57 PM
Top Dog

I hardly ever post from my phone either - I hate typing on this thing. I also tend to go through phases of lurkerness where I just don't have anything that I want to say. Today has been a very chatty day for me.

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 11-01-2013, 04:00 PM
My dog tickles my soul

Oh yeah, I never post on forums from my phone, either. I barely can tolerate sending text messages (hooray for Siri!). Phone typing makes me crazy.
Old 11-01-2013, 05:11 PM
Silence, peasants.

I agree about the lumpy threads, as in I want to reply to people but feel weird about quoting within it and having a conversation...the lack of back and forth is a bit like talking to a wall. Perhaps down with the lumpy threads?

Feistea, ze Blog
Feist - 1 y/o Border Collie
Wesley - 3 y/o nephew derpoodle
Cleo - 13 y/o 'family dog' mini poodle