Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Pictures and Pet Photos


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 10-31-2013, 01:11 PM
DJEtzel's Avatar
DJEtzel DJEtzel is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Kalamazoo, MI
Posts: 2,676
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisssAshby View Post
I really want to try biothane, but am leery with Cali. She is a well mannered dog, but the last thing I need is equipment failure with her. People are already scared of her because of what she is.

Hmmm...maybe I need to break down and try it.

BTW - Sir is looking so grown up.
What type of dog is she?

Fwiw- I took Sir out on his harness with this 3/8" leash with four rivets holding it together, and had my friend hold him while I flirted the flirt pole in front of him. Hardest he will probably ever pull is for that thing! He was pulling, jerking, lunging, and jumping at the end of it and it held up great- showed no signs of pulling apart and the biothane itself should not break under normal pressure like that. Sir is 50 lbs of pure muscle.

I am going to be testing it with him a lot more and often to make sure it STAYS that good, but that's what the testers are going out for as well... so soon we should know for sure how strong these will be in the long run.
__________________

Red Dog's Reconnaissance Man CGC CL1-R CL1-H CL1-F CL1-S USJ
General Patton Vom Winter Storm
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-31-2013, 01:54 PM
meepitsmeagan's Avatar
meepitsmeagan meepitsmeagan is offline
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Southwest Michigan
Posts: 2,655
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJEtzel View Post
What type of dog is she?

Fwiw- I took Sir out on his harness with this 3/8" leash with four rivets holding it together, and had my friend hold him while I flirted the flirt pole in front of him. Hardest he will probably ever pull is for that thing! He was pulling, jerking, lunging, and jumping at the end of it and it held up great- showed no signs of pulling apart and the biothane itself should not break under normal pressure like that. Sir is 50 lbs of pure muscle.

I am going to be testing it with him a lot more and often to make sure it STAYS that good, but that's what the testers are going out for as well... so soon we should know for sure how strong these will be in the long run.
I'm planning on taking Harlow biking with her's clipped to her harness. She likes to haul while bikejoring when we first go out, so that should be a good judge of durability as well.
__________________


Harlow 2010 Boxer :: Rider 2012 ACDx :: Tulsa 2014 ACD

http://trailingcattle.blogspot.com/
https://www.facebook.com/trailingcattle
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-31-2013, 02:00 PM
-bogart- -bogart- is offline
Member of WHODAT Nation.
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: South East Louisiana
Posts: 3,174
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJEtzel View Post
What type of dog is she?

Fwiw- I took Sir out on his harness with this 3/8" leash with four rivets holding it together, and had my friend hold him while I flirted the flirt pole in front of him. Hardest he will probably ever pull is for that thing! He was pulling, jerking, lunging, and jumping at the end of it and it held up great- showed no signs of pulling apart and the biothane itself should not break under normal pressure like that. Sir is 50 lbs of pure muscle.

I am going to be testing it with him a lot more and often to make sure it STAYS that good, but that's what the testers are going out for as well... so soon we should know for sure how strong these will be in the long run.


Not so subtle hint added here , WE NEED PICS of ya WHOLE crew!!!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-31-2013, 03:15 PM
DJEtzel's Avatar
DJEtzel DJEtzel is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Kalamazoo, MI
Posts: 2,676
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by -bogart- View Post
Not so subtle hint added here , WE NEED PICS of ya WHOLE crew!!!
I have been bad lately! I need to finish up some uploads and post an update soooon.
__________________

Red Dog's Reconnaissance Man CGC CL1-R CL1-H CL1-F CL1-S USJ
General Patton Vom Winter Storm
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-31-2013, 04:10 PM
MinPinOwner's Avatar
MinPinOwner MinPinOwner is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Northeast
Posts: 497
Default

Sir is a handsome boy. I love the new collar.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 10-31-2013, 08:28 PM
Saeleofu Saeleofu is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 9,036
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJEtzel View Post
I'm sure it can't be that difficult... Do you have any "blueprints" for a harness? I'd like to see what exactly it would entail!

Jackson'smom, yes! After testing a leash on Sir's strong self, I have opened up shop to take orders on discounted leashes/collars until I send a few more testers out, just to make sure.
I'll get together some pictures that I found helpful and send them to you. I don't have a pattern I use or anything, since each one I make is different depending on the dog/handler. But basically it's a Comfort Flex with D-rings and stabilizer loops for the handle. If nothing else, I could make up a mini one and send it to you
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 11-01-2013, 08:21 AM
DJEtzel's Avatar
DJEtzel DJEtzel is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Kalamazoo, MI
Posts: 2,676
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saeleofu View Post
I'll get together some pictures that I found helpful and send them to you. I don't have a pattern I use or anything, since each one I make is different depending on the dog/handler. But basically it's a Comfort Flex with D-rings and stabilizer loops for the handle. If nothing else, I could make up a mini one and send it to you
Yeah, I'd love to see some pictures! It doesn't sound like it'd be too hard, at all! What width do you think you'd like?

Now I'm picturing putting a mini 3/8" harness together to put on my VS pink dog sitting on my desk to model it.
__________________

Red Dog's Reconnaissance Man CGC CL1-R CL1-H CL1-F CL1-S USJ
General Patton Vom Winter Storm
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:22 PM.


1997-2013 Chazhound Dog Site