Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 10-28-2013, 04:47 PM
Top Dog

Crossbone HATES labs. It's embarrassing sometimes. He'll be super happy and playful and a lab with come up and he's snarky and mean. He has a little scar on his face that we tell people came from a lab.

However, he ADORES Jack my lab/beagle.

Weird.

He loves dogs that play herder style and run & chase-- but can adapt if he absolutely has to. He was attempting to play with a standard poodle puppy who would drop to the ground every time Crossbone ran towards him and Crossbone was super perplexed. Eventually, he learned to get down and wrestle with poodle pup but would all of a sudden explode into running circles and nipping heels and the poor puppy would melt into the ground
Old 10-28-2013, 05:21 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Victor loves poodles. If ,he saw a standard poodle at the dog park. They always know how to play.

Victor hates all goldens and yellow labs. All I can say in his defense is a few of them have given him mighty good reason.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Old 10-28-2013, 05:22 PM
Happy Lab

My dog tends to get along pretty well with all breeds. She is also a versatile player--dogs that play hard she can take on, and timid dogs she can play lightly with.

-Dave Barry
Old 10-28-2013, 06:02 PM
Happy Meal. Yum.

Artimis has issues with bully breeds, not to the point of aggression but just being snarky if they try to play with him. It's because we've had too many bully breeds that came up and bowled him over, plus he's been attacked by a bully breed dog and it left him very leash reactive. :/ Otherwise, he LOVES huskies, great danes, and most large dogs that like to play but aren't too rough.

Talon was a bit nervous about this french bulldog that came waddling, snorting in the dog park. But he just stood a few feet away as it waddled to him, once he sniffed it he was fine. He doesn't like super rough and tumble play, but if the dog listens to his "I don't like that play" he holds no grudges. For Talon the worst is a dog that sits and barks and barks at him.

If the dog barks staring at him, he get's a bit nervous and walks away, but if it continues for too long he can get snarky. He's ok with a bit of barking during play or running, it's just the demanding "PLAY WITH ME NOW" barking at him that scares him.
Old 10-28-2013, 07:51 PM
love herds

Desoto detests all other dogs equally.
Radar has breeds he adores such as Goldens and poodles and he actually seems to prefer large dogs to other small dogs. His bffs in the neighbourhood are a great dane and mastiff mix. But the only dogs he shows no interest in playing with are pugs and bulldogs, the snuffling and snorting noises seem to weird him out.
Duke hates anything that resembles a shepherd as he has had a few bad experiences with them.

"A dog of uncanny brain and great loving loyal heart and with a dancing sense of fun, a dog with a soul."- Albert Payson Terhune (lad)
Old 10-31-2013, 09:08 PM
Wanna Pet My Wiener?

Anything that resembles a lab or golden. She was charged several times by these, and has hated them ever since. She really only "likes" other Dachshunds, and even that's a stretch.

The Watchmen "Pike"
Blue merle Miniature American Shepherd puppy

Dachshund Nola: Life as a crazy, fun loving Doxie
http://dachshundnola.blogspot.com