Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 10-29-2013, 10:02 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by -bogart- View Post
Think on this , NO ONE is who they used to be. Everyone grows everyday. hugs and I hope you can work it out .
This

The nature of relationships is that they change, the evolve, they deepen.

Honestly I have never (well since like grade school) made a relationship "official". It just grows to that on its on. Not saying that defining it is not a good idea if both aren't on the same page or there are questions, but that I think most WOULD consider yours and official relationship.
Old 10-29-2013, 12:50 PM
Magic, motherf@%$*#!

Yes, yes, and yes. Be direct and honest, both of you.

Polygamous relationships or friends with benefits situations are fine, unless one party feels differently. At that point, you deserve more, you deserve to be with someone who feels the same way about you, and you only. That doesn't mean that he's a bad guy, but if he's not wanting a monogamous relationship with you, then I believe it's better to go back to being only friends, otherwise it'll break your heart and you definitely don't deserve that.

Fran, I understand what you are going through, I went through the same thing when my husband was out for training or deployed. I told him things I wanted a reaction to, and he wouldn't do that. He didn't want to because he didn't want a fight with so much distance between us. He wanted to make me happy because that's the only thing he could do being so far away. If you really wanted space, the worst thing for him to do would be to try to keep you close and try to persuade you otherwise, wouldn't it? So, unless he starts a fight, he'll say "okay."

Just tell him what you really feel and it'll be okay. He'll know.
Old 10-29-2013, 05:25 PM
such sights to show you

There is beef stew cooking in my crock pot at home, and I am at work and I'm starving and all I can think of is eating beef stew. HURRY UP, TIME!

Old 10-29-2013, 06:25 PM
Show Dog

I audited a coworkers work yesterday, as per my job. Today they were a no call no show. I feel really awful. It's not the first time I've reviewed them...and I really liked this person. They were nice and I basically feel like it was because of me that they left. My other coworkers told me that I'm really sweet and that it probably wasn't me that caused it. Can't help but feel my review was the straw that broke the camel's back.

The great pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself too." - Samuel Butler
Old 10-29-2013, 06:57 PM
Silence, peasants.

I wish people would not be so judgmental about mental vs physical problems. Shared something about myself that I haven't made public but wouldn't care if anyone knew, and got told I should try harder by a TEACHER. Just ugh. I know it shouldn't bother me, but.

Feistea, ze Blog
Old 10-29-2013, 07:09 PM
Vizsla mom

Everyone else is getting married. Meanwhile, I'm all ..what's up, life partner?
Old 10-29-2013, 07:17 PM
Like a bat outa' hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by yv0nne View Post
Everyone else is getting married. Meanwhile, I'm all ..what's up, life partner?
I will be getting married....eventually, but I want to get hitched NOW!!! Tyler and I have been together since high school. So pretty much forever. I tie myself over by helping my best friends plan their wedding and planning my own wedding that will happen eventually, sigh!

Teagan Westhighland White Terrier
Panzer South African Boerboel Mastiff
Old 10-29-2013, 07:22 PM
Vizsla mom

Yeah, it's been 9yrs as of like ..2 weeks ago? Insanity. I'm not even engaged Nor will I be in any immediate kind of future.
Old 10-29-2013, 07:25 PM
Like a bat outa' hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by yv0nne View Post
Yeah, it's been 9yrs as of like ..2 weeks ago? Insanity. I'm not even engaged Nor will I be in any immediate kind of future.
WHY!?!?!?! I am hoping for the next two years or so. We have plans to get married, but we just bought a house and we have some expenses we want to pay off first, but I just want the dang ring so I can stop calling him my boyfriend, because he is way more than that.

Men can be so stubborn. GRrrr...

Teagan Westhighland White Terrier
Panzer South African Boerboel Mastiff
Old 10-29-2013, 07:29 PM
Vizsla mom

I just don't think he'll ever make the leap from 'boyfriend' ..which irks me because it's ridiculous to be two adults who have been together forever& not be more than BF/GF~!!~!~!

I'm also slightly bitter and just want a **** ring and to elope with pretty photos.

Owning a house& paying off expenses makes sense. I'd still be in your mindset of GIVEMEARING.