Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 10-26-2013, 09:09 AM
Big Dog

Rocky doesn't have any interest in the tv, except when the Art Attack host was on (it's a kids craft show with a British host). For some reason whenever this poor British guy is on tv Rocky acts like he wants to maul him.

Baxter loves watching tv. He'll sit on your lap and just stare at the tv most times. He really loves movies though. If the movie gets too scary or intense he hides his face in your arm and if it gets to a sad part he covers his eyes with his paw and whines. He's very dramatic.
Old 10-26-2013, 11:36 AM
Show Dog

Jubel doesn't watch tv but will often react to doorbells on TV. He usually doesn't react as strongly as to the real doorbell but 90% of the time he'll at least let out a light chuff. If he was dead asleep he's more likely to jump up and bark about it.

Sometimes if I'm watching animal cops or some other dog related show he mildly reacts to barking. Looks at the TV, maybe a head tilt. The only other times he pays attention to the TV is jumping up when he hears the electric click of the TV being turned off, "we going some place? Time for bed?" Excitement. Or power/cable issues and the TV makes static/snow noises, he'll go up to the speakers and investigate those sounds.
Old 10-26-2013, 04:23 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Oh, and pictures of course.

Baby Abrams watching TV:

Now:

Abrams, Momma's boy Chesapeake Bay Retriever and Cynder, Daddy's girl little lab muttly
~*~ DOB 4/11/13 ~*~ DOB 1/28/2006 ~*~

Old 10-26-2013, 07:03 PM
Top Dog

Neither of the current two care, but I had a foster dog that was crazy for the show Glee. I think the movement and music was what did it. He didn't care about any other shwo, but he would come running to the tv the second he heard the opening 'bing' noise.

Booty Dancing In Heaven 10/13/03-9/15/12
As much as I try to be one of those easygoing 'spread your wings and fly' types, I just can't stop trying to burst people into flames with my mind.
Old 10-27-2013, 02:31 AM
Bored Now.

I was going to not even bother to post, because Middie doesn't understand TV at all, but the TEDTalk I was watching shut off and both Cassie and Bay grumbled at me until I turned it back on for them. So I apparently live with two dogs who like to hear about food economics.
Old 10-27-2013, 03:38 PM
Big Mutts

Gracie has only reacted once ..Wye they blew a dog whistle, the kind people can't hear. Apparently they used a real one in shooting the movie because we didn't hear it but Gracie sure did. She looked right at the Tv and she never notices it any other time.
Old 10-27-2013, 04:53 PM
love herds

Radar doesn't pay any attention to the tv at all. Desoto will bark if there is a doorbell or a car honking on tv. Occasionally a dog howling on tv will start him howling.

"A dog of uncanny brain and great loving loyal heart and with a dancing sense of fun, a dog with a soul."- Albert Payson Terhune (lad)
Old 10-27-2013, 05:37 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assamiea View Post
Rocky doesn't have any interest in the tv, except when the Art Attack host was on (it's a kids craft show with a British host). For some reason whenever this poor British guy is on tv Rocky acts like he wants to maul him.

Baxter loves watching tv. He'll sit on your lap and just stare at the tv most times. He really loves movies though. If the movie gets too scary or intense he hides his face in your arm and if it gets to a sad part he covers his eyes with his paw and whines. He's very dramatic.
So much love for Art Attack.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13