Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-26-2013, 05:46 PM
Top Dog

What a good girl Cara is!

I wound up not entering the trial I really wanted to go to in November. After Tristan's latest attempt at dying, I need to get some vet bills paid, and I also have decided that I don't want to run Gusto in any masters level classes yet. He's only moved up in jumpers so far, but is pretty close in a couple of other classes, and not far off moving up completely. I may trial the first weekend of December, although I don't like the schedule for that trial as much.

November is seminar month instead. We got news today that we won the lottery to get into the Monique Plink seminar our club is hosting in a couple of weeks (it overfilled the first day of entries, so they had to do a drawing), and then we are taking off after Thanksgiving dinner to do a LONG drive for a Tracy Sklenar seminar that Friday. I'm super excited - both are trainers I've worked with before, and both are absolutely fantastic at creating drive and focus and happy dogs along with great handling/obstacle skills. Every time I've worked with either, I've left happy and motivated. A great start to a winter with a lot of time and opportunity for training. Hopefully come spring we will feel ready to bust into the masters ring!