Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 10-14-2013, 10:25 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FG167 View Post
I REALLY want to lose 10 lbs. I've been ignoring the paleo diet advice but may cave...however, I did have to buy smaller workout tights, AND I back squatted 165 lbs today. Super happy with those achievements!
You could try the Whole 30 and see what you think - but really it's mostly going to be about your calories and macros. Maybe change up your macros? Go more protein, less carb and see where that takes you?

(Did I break a paleo rule by not flat out recommending paleo? Probably. Excuse me while I eat some peanut butter on a spoon...)

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 10-17-2013, 09:23 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

So I went to the gym to attend what I THOUGHT was RIPPED. Turns out it was not RIPPED but BodyCombat. It's been a loooooong time since I did BodyCombat, like when I was still working at the station long time ago. I wasn't very good at it because I didn't know a lot of the movies and the entire class is done facing a mirror so I had to stare at how stupid I looked the entire time. I knew if I wanted to do the class I'd have to go every week so I could learn the moves, and the normal class time was a typical run day, so I haven't gone since.

Well, I still don't know ALL the moves, but I figured this release out a lot more than the one from before (it helps that they're only two weeks in so everybody is still figuring it out.) And you know what? When you have swoll shoulders, you look **** fine punching at the mirror.

I like it.

The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 10-19-2013, 05:05 AM
Sit! Good dog.

Stuck it out! Today is day 14 actually a lot easier once you get past the first 10 days or so!!!

I've lost 3lb, but toned up, and lost inches off everywhere whopping 1.5 inch off my stomach! Boom!

Going to continue to try and make healthy choices and see if I can't tone more and get fitter still!
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 10-21-2013, 12:56 PM
Vizsla mom

Sometimes I get cranky at my friend who won't train but wants to run with us ..yesterday was hard on my feet because I broke the cardinal rule& wore brand new gear on race day. Worst part? It was new runners. Can you say OUCH? It was only supposed to be a 10k but we ended up running back to finish with our slower friend and my knee& top of my right foot paid the price. Caved and bought into the KT tape hype ..it actually worked. I only taped my knee but the top of my foot is aching& I'm debating taping that as well. Anyone here use it?
Old 10-22-2013, 08:16 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Tonight my gym had a "teaser" class where, instead of teaching the normal class, they did short versions of classes in a group of four. I decided to attend the class that was TurboKick, Body Combat, Insanity, and Body Step. So 10-15 minutes per "class."

First part of Insanity:
"Okay... so I don't like Insanity. This sucks."

Last part of Insanity... side burpees.
"I LOVE INSANITY! THIS IS SO FUN!"

The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 10-22-2013, 08:20 PM
Aware

There are BIKES for me to use at the new house.

BIKES.

IN THE PLACE IT DOESN'T SNOW IN THE WINTER.

IT'S MOSTLY FLAT THERE.

WOOHOO!
Old 10-25-2013, 04:26 PM
Show Dog

I feel awful. I went to the gym nearly every day in August, beginning of September. But when we got back from vacation, I was so bummed. I got really down about coming back to Fl, it was still so ungodly hot out, and I hadn't seen ANY results from working out all that time. Yeah its all well and good that I worked out and felt better but feeling better does nothing to the numbers on the scale when your doctor is telling you that you need to lose weight.

I lost motivation. Now, we are ring shopping and I know that means a white dress and getting all fancy at some point in the near future. But I don't know how to get back into it. I really loved Zumba but I don't think it was really doing anything for me.

A couple of years ago in my early 20's (holy crap. TEN years ago!!! ) I lost almost the same amount of weight I want to lose now on the elliptical. Is it ok to use one machine to lose weight?

I also want to tone my arms. Allllllll the dresses I see online have no sleeves. I'm so.embarrassed of my arms. What can I do to tone them that does not include push ups? (If there is a modified push up that doesnt put strain on my wrists, I'd love to hear it!)

The great pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself too." - Samuel Butler
Old 10-25-2013, 04:58 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCrafty View Post
A couple of years ago in my early 20's (holy crap. TEN years ago!!! ) I lost almost the same amount of weight I want to lose now on the elliptical. Is it ok to use one machine to lose weight?
There is definitely nothing wrong with just using one machine to lose weight - I was just reading an article the other day about how the elliptical isn't super efficient though. That said, I like using it and I certainly used it to burn calories when I was younger too (ughhhh let's not talk about how many years ago...) I'm trying to sell mine right now if only because I need some extra cash, and my marathon cross-training now is done on a bike instead of the elliptical.
Do what you enjoy and will keep up with. It's only wrong if you're hurting yourself.

As far as the arms go, I think shoulders and biceps are super-duper sexy so absolutely you can do things to build muscle and definition there. Don't freak out when I say build muscle, I don't mean you're going to hulk out (you probably can't unless you're eating a caloric surplus and probably taking steroids) - but "toning" means "build muscle." Just "build muscle" scares some women because they picture a body builder.

I think I had a post on here about shoulder exercises, I'll go digging and find it again!

The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 10-26-2013, 09:09 AM
Silence! I ban you!

And there it is. As of this morning's weigh-in

100 pounds lost.
Old 10-26-2013, 11:41 AM
Aware

You are awesome, Eddie.