Originally Posted by Julee
Is there a reason pig ears have decreased in popularity, besides potential choking hazard? I used to see them at every feed store, now I very rarely do. We used to give them to our dogs when I was small, never have with Shadow or dogs past Shadow.
There is some notation that they may cause pancreatitis due to the grease/fattiness. I don't know if that is a dog people urban legend or if there is truth. But I do find them kind of gross, and especially gross if they are in a bulk bin, it just makes me think of bacterial growth, salmonella..ick.