Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 10-19-2013, 08:31 AM
Member of WHODAT Nation.

because the day is not crappy enough this happened the other day ,and I am still trying to catch up on work and deal with stupid people.

The boat capt. had a diabetic attack and passed out and slammed into a abandoned wharf . We had to tear the wharf from off the top of the boat.
Old 10-19-2013, 08:36 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBanker View Post
Well, I wasn't before reading a bit here, but now I'm hurt and frustrated that apparently if I don't support the ACA ('support' meaning figuratively of course; I will be forced to support it with my own higher health care costs), I'm either uneducated or AN ASSHOLE...
Guess I'm an uneducated asshole right along with you, then. There's a reason we don't have health insurance- WE CAN'T AFFORD IT. How, then, can we afford the penalties for not having it?
Being sarcastic here, but maybe those who voted for Obama and his health care plan should pay for coverage for those of us who didn't.
Old 10-19-2013, 09:48 AM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliTerp07 View Post
My vent:

Our fridge is very old. If you don't shut it just right (slam it too hard, don't shut it hard enough), it will stay just a smidge cracked. DH must have done that last night. I woke up this morning to a not-so-cold fridge. Spent the morning pouring milk down the sink and dumping $100+ of food into the trash. UGH.

Beer is still good if it gets warm and cold again, right? Everything else is trash, I think. Eggs, cheese, yogurt, meats, ugh.
Most definitely the beer is fine.

I would keep the cheese too. ive definitely left it out overnight then just put it back into the fridge. I've been told that's weird, though

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 10-19-2013, 10:21 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliTerp07 View Post
My vent:

Our fridge is very old. If you don't shut it just right (slam it too hard, don't shut it hard enough), it will stay just a smidge cracked. DH must have done that last night. I woke up this morning to a not-so-cold fridge. Spent the morning pouring milk down the sink and dumping $100+ of food into the trash. UGH.

Beer is still good if it gets warm and cold again, right? Everything else is trash, I think. Eggs, cheese, yogurt, meats, ugh.

Eggs are fine, they don't really need refrigeration anyways, and I agree with Jess on the cheese. I would go by my senses even for the meat and yogurt, but that's just me.
Old 10-19-2013, 11:18 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by -bogart- View Post
because the day is not crappy enough this happened the other day ,and I am still trying to catch up on work and deal with stupid people.

The boat capt. had a diabetic attack and passed out and slammed into a abandoned wharf . We had to tear the wharf from off the top of the boat.
Wow! Very neat pic but I think that was a crappy day for many lol!

If I have any beliefs about immortality, it is that certain
dogs I have known will go to heaven, and very, very few
persons -James Thurber
Old 10-19-2013, 11:29 AM
Member of WHODAT Nation.

thankfully , no one was hurt. There is about 225,000.00 worth damage to the boat , but the insurance will fix it. The main problem is I had work lined up that was time sensitive and now I have been scrambling to cover it.
Old 10-19-2013, 08:28 PM
Obey the Toad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBanker View Post
Well, I wasn't before reading a bit here, but now I'm hurt and frustrated that apparently if I don't support the ACA ('support' meaning figuratively of course; I will be forced to support it with my own higher health care costs), I'm either uneducated or AN ASSHOLE.

My real vent is that I'm stuck between two possible jobs and have no idea which way to go. The one I have now: wonderful boss, really easy to get time off, I'm great at what I do. Downsides are that I'm probably pretty maxed out on salary in that department, the pay is basically letting me get my bills paid but not much more, and it may be even harder with my health insurance going up. I'll probably have to drop my 401k contributions, which isn't smart. It also isn't work that will "transfer" all that well to another industry.

I've applied for a different department, and pretty much been told that it is mine to turn down - I've cross-trained there some, so they know me and have told me that. The manager has a less than stellar reputation, although I've never personally had an issue with her. I do know it is harder to get time off approved there, and your schedule isn't always as predictable. It's new stuff that will be stressful to learn. But it is work that could transfer more easily if I want to move out of state or to a job in the medical industry instead. It would be less exposure to chemicals than my current job. I kind of know most of the people. I don't know how much more pay it would be.

The thing that pisses me off the most is that I think it has turned into a tug of war between the two department managers. They fight regularly about where I'm going to be working, BUT NO ONE IS TALKING TO ME about it. I'd like to think it is because I'm such a valuable employee (and I do think that is a bit of it), but mostly I think the two of them hate each other and are using me as part of their battle.

Ugh. I hate this. I put my "desired salary" on the application for the other job. I'm not sure that they will give it to me, so I'm trying to pick a number that will be my cutoff for moving or staying.
The thing is that SOMETHING has to be done about our healthcare system. The people who have no insurance and go to the ER for treatment raise everyone costs right now.

Last year my dad had horrific pains and I took him to the ER. He ended up in the ICU and was in the hospital for 9 days. They basically put a catheter in and got his electrolytes stablized and sent him home. They told him they would not fix his very enlarged prostate until he paid the entire 38k hospital bill and half of the 23k it would take for the procedure. He had not job and no insurance. He has no assets. That 38k bill will never be paid. In the mean time the catheter caused him all kinds of issues. It would get clogged no matter how well he took care of it. He also started getting bad bladder and kidney infections. The only place he could go to get treated was the ER. Those bills will never be paid. He is too young for Medacare and because he was being supported by his FAMILY during his unemployment rather than the TAXPAYERS up until that point he was denied Medacaid. Guess who ends up paying for all of that?

He was able to move in with my aunt and get on social security. There is a hospital in my aunts city that had a special financial aide program where he paid for his treatment weekly from his SS check. His doctor was actually shocked at how little they did for him during his last hospital stay up here. He still cannot find someone to do surgery for the bad cataracts and he can't see well.

Health care should not be a privilege. My dad did not deserve to spend nearly a year having his catheter back up into his urinary tract causing bladder spasms, being sick with repeats UTIs, only being able to sleep 2 hours at a time before his bag fills up, and having his quality of life severely effected for a totally treatable condition--simply because he could not afford the care.

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~

Labs do it in the lake.

Old 10-19-2013, 08:47 PM
Resident fainting goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillysally View Post
The thing is that SOMETHING has to be done about our healthcare system. The people who have no insurance and go to the ER for treatment raise everyone costs right now.

Last year my dad had horrific pains and I took him to the ER. He ended up in the ICU and was in the hospital for 9 days. They basically put a catheter in and got his electrolytes stablized and sent him home. They told him they would not fix his very enlarged prostate until he paid the entire 38k hospital bill and half of the 23k it would take for the procedure. He had not job and no insurance. He has no assets. That 38k bill will never be paid. In the mean time the catheter caused him all kinds of issues. It would get clogged no matter how well he took care of it. He also started getting bad bladder and kidney infections. The only place he could go to get treated was the ER. Those bills will never be paid. He is too young for Medacare and because he was being supported by his FAMILY during his unemployment rather than the TAXPAYERS up until that point he was denied Medacaid. Guess who ends up paying for all of that?

He was able to move in with my aunt and get on social security. There is a hospital in my aunts city that had a special financial aide program where he paid for his treatment weekly from his SS check. His doctor was actually shocked at how little they did for him during his last hospital stay up here. He still cannot find someone to do surgery for the bad cataracts and he can't see well.

Health care should not be a privilege. My dad did not deserve to spend nearly a year having his catheter back up into his urinary tract causing bladder spasms, being sick with repeats UTIs, only being able to sleep 2 hours at a time before his bag fills up, and having his quality of life severely effected for a totally treatable condition--simply because he could not afford the care.

Especially the bold.

Yes, a big change up is going to rattle some problems and there will be growing pains and people who are needing to pay more (myself included) etc.... but do you really want to live in a country where people go BANKRUPT or die or suffer because they can't afford the health care they need or get the care and are saddled with debt for the rest of their lives?

I personally do not.

I have a family full of doctors and trust me, there were some toddler tantrums about ACA but at the end of the day, there is relief of not living in a country where treatment=a debt sentence or people avoid treatment/diagnosis because it's too expensive and then it's too late.

I don't think ACA is perfect.. but I do honestly truly believe that our health care system needs to change.

we are in good company frankly. It's not like we are the first to attempt this.

And as for the cost.. it's insane to me like people don't even blink at how much this country spends on war or anything else but.. OUR HEALTH?! WHAT?! THATS GOING TO COST US MONEY!?
and frankly, we are spending more on health care, as a country, the way things are.. then we would be with universal health care.
IT'S A MESS THAT NEEDS TO BE FIXED.

Old 10-19-2013, 08:49 PM
treehugging clicker freak

Feeling really unappreciated right now. and oddly enough, totally replaced. I think if I left right now no one would even notice... Probably for a couple of hours... Until they needed something, probably

Whatever, why do I even try to help this is why I like dogs and not people.

Maddie CGC .:. Cocker Spaniel .:. 12 y/o
Bailey CGC .:. Shetland Sheepdog .:. 5 y/o
Old 10-19-2013, 10:24 PM
orange iguanas.

UGH children. Well okay, I'll step back a little.... UGH UNSUPERVISED CHILDREN.

Me and Juno were having a nice time at the park. All of a sudden I see some people appear with a dog on a leash, and the dog is out of control and like doing backflips and somersaults and flying in the air and all I'm thinking is "please don't let that dog off leash." They keep coming closer to where we are. We keep moving further away. They let the dog off and, of course, the dog makes a beeline for Juno. At this point I realize it's 3 children that are in charge of this dog.

Call Juno over, grab her collar, start walking away hoping beyond hope that if we get far enough maybe this dog will stop caring, but no she keeps following. So I stop and have Juno stay thinking... maybe they'll get their dog? And then it becomes apparent that these kids are never going to be able to grab this dog. She is running all over the place, in the parking lot, practically out into the street, they're chasing her around. They're trying to tackle her. And I'm just like WTF what am I supposed to do, you are ruining our park time! I had Juno sit/stay thinking maybe they'd have an easier time grabbing her, but obviously not.... but I knew that if I let Juno go that wasn't going to help, either!

Finally I said screw it and continued playing with Juno, while this dog kept chasing her around. Finally the kids tackled her and left.

It just made me so mad. I can't blame the kids but good God. It was like a 10 minute fiasco of them trying to corral this dog. I just wanted to play fetch with Juno! And what if Juno wasn't nice, or if this dog got hit by a car... just ugh seriously I wouldn't trust young kids with a dog.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013