Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 10-18-2013, 10:47 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by yv0nne View Post
I'm in an almost-8yr relationship& people, once they have kids, rarely have anything in common with my boyfriend& I anymore. I don't know why& we try ..but, inevitably, they find friends with kids& we are reduced to Facebook& texts! I mean, I do know why ..but it's just so common to fall out of/ never get into friendships once there's a baby involved.
I find this odd...but maybe its just me and my group of friends? I have plenty of friends without children still...and many of my other mom friends do as well.

How old are their children? When they are very young, yes, your life kind of centers around them and there is not really time to do too much chatting or hanging out but it gets better as they get a bit older and don't NEED their parents as much. Hopefully it gets better for you!
Old 10-18-2013, 11:26 AM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenmagick View Post
I find this odd...but maybe its just me and my group of friends? I have plenty of friends without children still...and many of my other mom friends do as well.

How old are their children? When they are very young, yes, your life kind of centers around them and there is not really time to do too much chatting or hanging out but it gets better as they get a bit older and don't NEED their parents as much. Hopefully it gets better for you!
This. I mean, iunno... most of my friend's have (young) kids right now. It's never really been a problem

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 10-18-2013, 11:32 AM
such sights to show you

I don't want to be working today. Sadface.

Old 10-18-2013, 11:44 AM
Bored Now.

Depressed. Slept like ****, kept waking up from nightmares or dogs.

Dogs wont stop licking. I HATE THE SOUND.

Sick again.
Old 10-18-2013, 01:37 PM
orange iguanas.

My eyes are watery and my nose is plugged. This day needs to end so I can go home and start pounding the Vit C! My good friend is getting married tomorrow amd I refuse to be sick and miserable for it.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 10-18-2013, 02:20 PM
Kung Pow Fish

feel so... defeated. im going to be like $150-200 short on rent, come the 1st, because my hours at work have sucked ass. tried to go donate plasma today as that would have got me at least $30 closer and maybe i could have done it a few times between now and then. was told they cant use me. some crap about my veins are too small/too weak and some crap about how their machines work and i kind of just tuned it all out because in my head i was just crying and screaming. im so sick of being so poor that just keeping a roof over my head consumes more than 100% of my resources. theres so many stupid things i need to buy and i cant. shoes that dont have 3" holes all over. deoderant. food. i dont even use soap anymore because ic ant afford it. im so tired of struggling to keep my head above water day in day out for years and years. im just so... done.
Old 10-18-2013, 04:58 PM
Show Dog

I am really frustrated today. The last two days have been awful but today takes the cake. I hated math when I was a kid. Numbers never made sense to me. It's so frustrating to look at something, know it means something but can't connect the dots to make it work. I can do basic math, I can do some basic algebra but most if the time I fake it until it either just clicks or I accidentally get it right and then I can just mimic what I did on the next problem. Today, I felt incredibly stupid because I couldn't figure out this calculation to save my life. I KNEW what I was trying to say, I could make the math work when I did it, someone else agreed I was doing it right and then it gets explained a different way and it utterly confused me to the point of tears. I'm thirty. This shouldn't be this hard. Give me a regulation, and ask me to review your case and I'm good. Don't ask me check your math.

The great pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself too." - Samuel Butler
Old 10-18-2013, 05:26 PM
Top Dog

Well, I wasn't before reading a bit here, but now I'm hurt and frustrated that apparently if I don't support the ACA ('support' meaning figuratively of course; I will be forced to support it with my own higher health care costs), I'm either uneducated or AN ASSHOLE.

My real vent is that I'm stuck between two possible jobs and have no idea which way to go. The one I have now: wonderful boss, really easy to get time off, I'm great at what I do. Downsides are that I'm probably pretty maxed out on salary in that department, the pay is basically letting me get my bills paid but not much more, and it may be even harder with my health insurance going up. I'll probably have to drop my 401k contributions, which isn't smart. It also isn't work that will "transfer" all that well to another industry.

I've applied for a different department, and pretty much been told that it is mine to turn down - I've cross-trained there some, so they know me and have told me that. The manager has a less than stellar reputation, although I've never personally had an issue with her. I do know it is harder to get time off approved there, and your schedule isn't always as predictable. It's new stuff that will be stressful to learn. But it is work that could transfer more easily if I want to move out of state or to a job in the medical industry instead. It would be less exposure to chemicals than my current job. I kind of know most of the people. I don't know how much more pay it would be.

The thing that pisses me off the most is that I think it has turned into a tug of war between the two department managers. They fight regularly about where I'm going to be working, BUT NO ONE IS TALKING TO ME about it. I'd like to think it is because I'm such a valuable employee (and I do think that is a bit of it), but mostly I think the two of them hate each other and are using me as part of their battle.

Ugh. I hate this. I put my "desired salary" on the application for the other job. I'm not sure that they will give it to me, so I'm trying to pick a number that will be my cutoff for moving or staying.

Old 10-19-2013, 08:07 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by yv0nne View Post
I'm in an almost-8yr relationship& people, once they have kids, rarely have anything in common with my boyfriend& I anymore. I don't know why& we try ..but, inevitably, they find friends with kids& we are reduced to Facebook& texts! I mean, I do know why ..but it's just so common to fall out of/ never get into friendships once there's a baby involved.
We found the same thing. It was so frustrating to invest so much time and energy into building friendships with people, only to lose them once they had kids. I understand why it happened--their priorities shifted, they wanted to hang out with other parents and babies...but it was still disappointing. I started actively seeking out friends who were either past child bearing years and never had kids, or who knew they didn't want kids.

Of course, then I got pregnant unexpectedly, so now I'm trying so so so so hard to nurture those friendships and build up a solid base and make plans with hubby to ensure that we will still have baby-free time with friends down the road. I don't want to do to our friends what other people did to us.

I'm really worried though

Lucyfur CA O-NAC O-NCC S-NJC O-TNO S-TGN S-WVN HPN SG
Old 10-19-2013, 08:09 AM
Top Dog

My vent:

Our fridge is very old. If you don't shut it just right (slam it too hard, don't shut it hard enough), it will stay just a smidge cracked. DH must have done that last night. I woke up this morning to a not-so-cold fridge. Spent the morning pouring milk down the sink and dumping $100+ of food into the trash. UGH.

Beer is still good if it gets warm and cold again, right? Everything else is trash, I think. Eggs, cheese, yogurt, meats, ugh.

Lucyfur CA O-NAC O-NCC S-NJC O-TNO S-TGN S-WVN HPN SG