Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #2501  
Old 10-17-2013, 02:31 PM
boneyjean's Avatar
boneyjean boneyjean is offline
Stinky Butt
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 836
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenmagick View Post
Mei Tais are great for older babies and toddlers as well....these pics are of front carries just because I was taking pics for someone but usually at that age they were always back carries....



The great thing is that they work great for infants too without any special inserts. I froggy legged Cooper until he was old enough to spread his legs. By froggy legging him, it put him high enough up in the carrier that it was comfortable for both of us and his head was always right there for me to kiss it. And you can easily roll it up and throw it in your bag unlike the structured carriers. I used mine with Devin once she was about 6 months old, but with Cooper I used it from day 1 because it was by far my favorite of all of the ones I used with Devin. Also, there are a ton of them out there in all different price ranges. I always got mine on etsy because the more name brand ones were just so expensive. Now Infantimo sells one that actually looks pretty nice.
__________________
~Sarah, Harley and Izzy~
boneyjean.blogspot.com
----------------------
Reply With Quote
  #2502  
Old 10-17-2013, 03:00 PM
milos_mommy's Avatar
milos_mommy milos_mommy is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 14,557
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
I would just tell her "Thanks for offering, if we ever need anybody we will keep you in mind and let you know!" Repeatedly if you have to. In those exact words over and over again.
There is no polite way to tell somebody you don't trust them (or her BF, because it implies poor judgment on her behalf of her SO) with your child.
Thanks. This is what I've been doing, but it ends up me repeating myself 30 times while she's like "seriously, anytime. If you want to get your nails done. I'm free Friday night if you want to go out. Or if you ever need to run errands." And on. And on.

I wasn't going to tell her I don't trust her lol, I was thinking more along the lines of telling her I'm not really comfortable leaving Lillian with anyone except her grandparents, but then if she finds out about anyone else babysitting (not that I'd really leave her with anyone else) she might be offended.
__________________
"My favorite color is green, green like newly cut grass. When it comes to green with envy, though, you can stick it up your @ss!" ~ Grammy



http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote
  #2503  
Old 10-17-2013, 03:31 PM
Beanie's Avatar
Beanie Beanie is offline
Clicker Cult Coordinator
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Illinois
Posts: 13,188
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by milos_mommy View Post
Thanks. This is what I've been doing, but it ends up me repeating myself 30 times while she's like "seriously, anytime. If you want to get your nails done. I'm free Friday night if you want to go out. Or if you ever need to run errands." And on. And on.

I wasn't going to tell her I don't trust her lol, I was thinking more along the lines of telling her I'm not really comfortable leaving Lillian with anyone except her grandparents, but then if she finds out about anyone else babysitting (not that I'd really leave her with anyone else) she might be offended.
Well, it doesn't HAVE to go on and on. She offers to babysit and you say not needed tonight, but thanks! If she keeps texting you again saying "seriously, I'm free!" you don't have to keep responding to her and get stuck in a loop. The nice thing about text messages is they don't demand an immediate answer - or even an answer at all really. It might seem a little rude but conversations do have to end sometime LOL.

Obviously she really wants to babysit for whatever reason. Maybe she really likes babies and wants to babysit. Maybe she thinks a lot of parents don't have anybody to babysit, so she's making sure you know she is available to help, even if it's just for something like taking some time to go get your nails done or whatever (and truthfully I do know a lot of parents who whine about not having a babysitter and having to find somebody.) Or maybe she just really needs some cash LOL. It's quite nice of her to offer, really. And maybe one day you will legit need her in an emergency, so it's nice to know she is willing and probably best not to set anything up to blow up later. The BF might not stick around either.
And yes, if you lie you're setting yourself up to be possibly be caught out later and create an argument and hard feelings. There's really no need to make excuses about it or come up with something that might backfire later. Just a thanks but it's not needed will do the job. Unless she's REALLY bored (or desperate) she will probably stop soon.


Alternatively, maybe she wants to hang out with the baby. Maybe you could tell her you want to run some errands and would she be willing to come along and help out with the baby while you try on clothes/pick up groceries/get your hair cut/whatever? That way she can feel like she's babysitting and helping out and you don't have to, well, actually let her babysit LOL.
__________________


Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Reply With Quote
  #2504  
Old 10-17-2013, 03:44 PM
stardogs stardogs is offline
Behavior Nerd
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: NC
Posts: 4,435
Default

What about having her watch the baby at your house? It sounds like you're not really concerned about *her* but about her BF.
__________________
Erin, Ziva, Kestrel, Aerten, and Snipe
Always in our hearts: The Amazing Maggie Mae


Reply With Quote
  #2505  
Old 10-18-2013, 09:27 AM
milos_mommy's Avatar
milos_mommy milos_mommy is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 14,557
Default

I'm not AS concerned about her as her BF...but I still don't want her babysitting. And yeah, so far I've been doing the "thanks, we'll let you know" every time but she is NOT relenting (and the rest of the family even warned me not to give her my phone # because she'd never leave me alone).

Beanie, letting her come along while I shop or something is a good idea!


In other news, Lillian had a cute new "first" yesterday...she pet the dog all by herself!
__________________
"My favorite color is green, green like newly cut grass. When it comes to green with envy, though, you can stick it up your @ss!" ~ Grammy



http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote
  #2506  
Old 10-18-2013, 08:11 PM
joce's Avatar
joce joce is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ohio
Posts: 4,131
Default

So stressed last couple weeks. Cervix was short couple weeks ago and dr did recheck today and it was normal!!! Still not supposed to do anything but feel so much better. Almost had to go on real bed rest and not sure how that would of worked out.
__________________


If I have any beliefs about immortality, it is that certain
dogs I have known will go to heaven, and very, very few
persons -James Thurber
Reply With Quote
  #2507  
Old 10-18-2013, 11:10 PM
Grab's Avatar
Grab Grab is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,991
Default

Glad all is well now!
I was so glad I didn't have any issue that would require bed rest. We would not have been able to go down to one income at all, so I'd have had to take my chances.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2508  
Old 10-19-2013, 04:00 AM
ihartgonzo's Avatar
ihartgonzo ihartgonzo is offline
and Fozzie B!
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Northern California
Posts: 5,903
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by milos_mommy View Post
I'm not AS concerned about her as her BF...but I still don't want her babysitting. And yeah, so far I've been doing the "thanks, we'll let you know" every time but she is NOT relenting (and the rest of the family even warned me not to give her my phone # because she'd never leave me alone).
Aghhh that is the most awkward thing ever, right? I'm just like you... very picky and overprotective. As we should be! I don't get Moms (especially young moms like us) who will throw their baby at anyone and take off. Hell to the no.

Frank's family always asks to babysit. As far as I'm concerned, not one of them is trustworthy... his Aunt in a city 2 hours away wants us to leave him there for the weekend, and he's met them once when he was 2 months old. WTF? Yes I'm going to spend 8 hours on driving/gas so my baby can be terrified and confused in the hands of strangers all weekend. They all probably think I'm a total bitch but I just smile and say "Maybe when he's older! He's really attached to me." ONLY my Mom, Grandma and sisters are allowed to watch him, I just don't have responsible/baby savvy friends.
__________________


<3 Erica, Gonzo & Fozzie
Reply With Quote
  #2509  
Old 10-19-2013, 04:06 AM
ihartgonzo's Avatar
ihartgonzo ihartgonzo is offline
and Fozzie B!
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Northern California
Posts: 5,903
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oko View Post
Yep I have asthma too and removing gluten has greatly helped.
Me too!
I have always thought "gluten free" was just a fad. Now that I'm doing it, I feel much better, I'm losing weight, and I'm NOT getting sick... at all. I started getting swollen and sore joints to the point of my doctor thinking it was RA after I had Malakai, which I found out was from allergies to eggs and gluten.

Has anyone else had weird health issues and/or hormone issues after giving birth? I have never been on such a physical rollercoaster! I think the changes I'm forced to make are definitely for the better of my health and life, though.
__________________


<3 Erica, Gonzo & Fozzie
Reply With Quote
  #2510  
Old 10-19-2013, 08:10 AM
-bogart- -bogart- is offline
Member of WHODAT Nation.
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: South East Louisiana
Posts: 3,150
Default

How has your child eye color changed?


All where born baby blue and I wanted so bad for them to stay but NOOOOO
Now i have a couple brown eyed boys and hazel eyed girls.

So what about it , I am going to try and find pics of them all. lol











LeSIGH ......

Last edited by -bogart-; 10-19-2013 at 08:20 AM. Reason: add pictures! cause who deosnt LURVE pics?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:52 AM.


1997-2013 Chazhound Dog Site