Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Dog Art and Pet Paintings

Old 08-24-2013, 02:04 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Default It's all for the dogs and cats. Auction resutls

Art Unleashed Auction 2013 ..
As far as I know, Cinders went for 125.
Water Bird 75....which if I would have had 80 I would have bought it myself and put it back on my mantle Possibly one of the most difficult pieces I have made this year. Sometimes what looks incredibly simple, is actually the hardest to achieve. A completely smooth, unblemished , burnished surface without a crack in it from the Raku firing process is like the Holy Grail to me. THe carrot on the stick, that piece had it. 75 is down right insulting, but that's the way it goe. It still buys a lot of vaccines, or pays for a spay or neuter or food or whatever.
Tea set number one..was in the live auction. The teapot that was finished, and then two custom cups and a sugar bowl done with the bidder's pet. Went for....325.00
THe lady and her husband met with me afterward and we discussed what she wanted. SHe is really not a dog person. SHe is truly a wonderful sweet woman so I am going to make her a whole teapot custom, to go with her cups and sugar bowl with the cat theme through out. She doenst' know that yet, but I will call her and tell her tomorrow.

After they auctioned that off I had let them know before hand that I would also do a complete tea set custom. One tea pot, two cups, and a sugar bowl with the bidder's agreed upon pets.
This bid for ........325.00
I have not met with these people yet, never did to even see who they were in the crowd.
My son came whcih pleased me to no end. I think it is wonderful that he comes and gives me his support and shares in the experience.
Hyia had a guest, she invited her friend who had never been before. She is now spending the night and I dont' think they are ever going to go to sleep.
The big winner of the night was the telephone booth. I will include this and other pieces in the comment section below.

So my total donation this year is 900.

I am not sure if this is my 11 or 12 year in a row of being a part of this Art Unleashed fund raiser. I came home letting my mind wander over what would be a good idea for next year. Making the live auction for my third time is a feather in my cap. I will go to sleep happy tonight. I still have my garden, and I still did this, one more time. Fingers crossed for next year.

I will post pics of some of the other artwork in the morning.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,

Last edited by smkie; 08-24-2013 at 07:07 AM.
Old 08-24-2013, 07:22 AM
Love my pets

Congrats Smkie on the success of all your items.
Old 08-24-2013, 01:38 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

I just heard from the lady that purchased the complete custom set. Here is what she has We have 2 chihuahuas, a labradoodle, a cat, a rooster & 7 hens. They are all dear family members! I'd love to see you incorporate them in some way in the set. This should be fun. I love a challenge. I am quite fond of chickens too.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

Old 08-25-2013, 06:49 AM
Love my pets

Wow, what a family that lady has. You'll have to show us pics of the final teapot, etc... once you have them all completed for her. I know she will love what you create.
Old 10-17-2013, 02:03 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Today was about making tester chickens to see about my red comb color before I put it on a teapot that will take me forever to make. I have the body of the teapot done, but until I see the chickens I don't want to add to it because I don't know where I want to put them. Today was about trying to make them smaller and smaller. IT isnt' easy to make a half inch tall chicken. Or for that matter, a cat sitting on the rim of a cup, tbat is hollowed out so it won't be too heavy and crack the rim, or look to big and overwhelm the cup. SO this doesn't look like much, but I was most happy with the way it went on. ONe leg will slip slightly inside the cup, one leg is curled under, still have to do detail on the face and add stripes with mason stain. It is a tabby with the skinny stripes and i think the dark brown mason stain, combined with the natural color of the fired clay, should be a good representation of the lady's cat. I have a tester cat to try that out on first. I am going to have to make a wet box tomorrow so I can keep all this at the right moisture content until I have all hte parts assembled. So some progress. I got held up because I had to make a trip to Lawrence Ks. to get the right comb color that would not burn off at cone 10, and a bag of porcelain to make the goldendoodle with. As well as to put on the combs before I add the red. I was given a challenge wtih chickens chi goldendoole and cat, but I like a challenge. At least she is not in a hurry and I have time to figure it out.

It looks big in the pic, but not in real life, plus it will shrink 20 percent which doesnt' sound like much but looks like a lot if your teacup is too small.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

Last edited by smkie; 10-17-2013 at 02:26 AM.
Old 11-02-2013, 09:22 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

Old 11-02-2013, 10:26 PM
Rude and Not Ginger

Those are awesome! I love the chicken behind the rooster. She's incredibly pretty!
Old 11-03-2013, 10:16 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

THank you. : ) input really helps. I have never had anyone say, ok to do this, do this, or try that. MOst of this, is trial and error, with a lot of error. I would really like to not have to do this twice. AS it is, I figure I better make 2 of each piece and that way when the dust settles, surely I will have a set I will be proud to hand over. AT least that's the goal. Now ti find my maginfiying glasses. Tiny is so dan hard. I still have to put detail and a tail on that rooster and try to make him look like a bad arse. I have never seen a real rooster that didnt' look like he had an attitude.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

Last edited by smkie; 11-03-2013 at 10:27 AM.
Old 11-03-2013, 06:02 PM
Twin 2.0

Congratulations congratulations congratulations!!!

The prototypes look awesome and I can't wait to see what they look like fired.

You should b able to charge $1000 for that set, that's the only thing that gets me.
Old 11-03-2013, 06:52 PM
swimming upstream

it's looking fantastic smkie!