Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-15-2013, 10:36 PM
Top Dog

Default Veterinary Assistant jobs

So, kind of thinking out loud, haven't entirely thought this through (was just googling tonight) ...

I'm in school for cyber security right now. Still debating on whether to get a bachelors in something else (like criminal justice or psychology) and get the cyber certificate (so the classes I am in now still pertain to that). They have 'fast track' options for people already holding degrees. Apparently they're pretty desperate for cyber people around here. It's definitely a highly needed job right now. So anyway that's just a little backstory.

It's going to take me at least another 2 - 2 1/2 years to finish that if I'm being realistic with myself. So I really need a decent job for the timebeing. I'm just doing very part-time work at a daycare in a gym now and I just want more.

I was looking at a vet assistant program at my college. You just take two courses and it's a little over $1000 for the program. Average salary is $27,900 according to my college website. It's not a 'career' I'd want to have for the rest of my life or anything, but do you think doing the program would be worth it so that I could at least have a decent job for the next 3 or so years until I find a more 'career' oriented job? This area in particular has a lot of vets offices and I'm sure I could find some kind of job.

Anyone do any vet assistant type work? What is it like? Does this sound like a stupid idea? lol

Brit & Jackson