Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 10-13-2013, 09:33 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliTerp07 View Post
You know you're an agility competitor when...
I know right?? Augh!

Also, lady at the fabric store: "So what are you making?"
Me, amused: "...a chute for dog agility."
Lady: "...ahhhh."
Me, still amused: "You have no idea what that is, do you."
Lady: "Nope!"
Me: "That's okay."
Lady: "No, really though, so what is it?? Do they just run through it?"
Me: "Yeah, it's attached to a short tunnel or barrel and you make just a round flat chute basically, and the dog runs through it as part of an obstacle course."
Lady: "Oh! Oh I actually have seen those obstacle courses! That's so cool!"

I was laughing the whole time.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 10-15-2013, 05:56 PM
Top Dog

I think too much. I need to learn to just jump in and try things and not be afraid of failing. Especially since, if I am given the time and opportunity, I likely won't fail.

I declined a job offer this morning, because there were not enough positive differences between it and my current job. I stewed about it the entire weekend, but ultimately decided that declining was the best decision for me. Then, this afternoon, my uncle's long time girlfriend offered to give me a position in the office she manages. My head is saying I should take it, even though I'm not a big fan that it includes every Saturday, but I can't really be that picky. It's hard to find a Mon-Fri job, especially with limited experience. It pays way better than where I am now, more hours, is still far from home but I like the location... I am just scared to work for family. And not because I'll cause an issue, but because it's a brand new experience for me and I am worried she'll think I'm stupid if I don't catch on amazingly quickly lol. Which is stupid, cause I know given the chance and with training, I will learn and I'll be a great, reliable employee. But it seems weird to work for family. And at the same time, I think it's a fantastic opportunity for me and that it would not be smart to turn it down.

I wish I didn't over think everything. I've been trying hard not to, but it's who I am. I worry too much. And I hate the feeling of starting a new job and knowing nothing and feeling totally lost and out of my element... but then I remember that I felt like that about every job I've had so far, and it always comes together and I get comfortable and confident in what I am doing.

Ripley
Keira (Very much missed 2007-2014)
Journey - Oracle Twist of Fate TreeStarr
Dance - Tollwest's Dancing In Style CGN FM RN
Old 10-15-2013, 06:07 PM
Resident fainting goat

" We live in an age where we feel guilt whenever we have to cut someone off but the reality is that some relationships do need to die, some people do need to be un-followed and de-friended. We arenít meant to be this tethered to the people in our past. The Internet mandates that we donít burn bridges and keep everyone around like relics but those expectations are unrealistic and unhealthy. Simply put, we donít need to know what everyone else is up to. Weíre allowed to be choosy about who we surround ourselves with online and in real life, even if it might hurt peopleís feelings. "

preach preach preach preach.
saw this on tumblr.

IF PEOPLE ON FACEBOOK MAKE YOU MAD/SAD/BULLY YOU WHY ARE YOU STILL FRIENDS WITH THEM?!

DELETE THE TOXIC PEOPLE FACEBOOK IS SUPPOSED TO BE PLEASANT
Old 10-15-2013, 06:44 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post
" We live in an age where we feel guilt whenever we have to cut someone off but the reality is that some relationships do need to die, some people do need to be un-followed and de-friended. We arenít meant to be this tethered to the people in our past. The Internet mandates that we donít burn bridges and keep everyone around like relics but those expectations are unrealistic and unhealthy. Simply put, we donít need to know what everyone else is up to. Weíre allowed to be choosy about who we surround ourselves with online and in real life, even if it might hurt peopleís feelings. "

saw this on tumblr.

IF PEOPLE ON FACEBOOK MAKE YOU MAD/SAD/BULLY YOU WHY ARE YOU STILL FRIENDS WITH THEM?!

PREACH.

And that goes for all aspects of life, not just Facebook.
Old 10-15-2013, 07:01 PM
F150 and a .30-06

Toller could you talk to her about every 2nd or 3rd sat off? Which job helps you with your goals in life?

Sakkara's And Then There's Emma - My heart. My Soul. My Co-Pilot. Feb 26 2005 - Oct 22 2009
Can Ch Liberty's Surfer Girl TT - You will always be with me
Phil Ch Groundsniffin Secret Solo - National Specialty Winners Bitch, Multi Best Opposite In Show
Old 10-15-2013, 08:07 PM
Top Dog

My eye has been twitching for two days.

It's driving me nuts, but it's not twitching when I'm exercising, so I went for a hike today and I'm going to yoga tonight.

I know why it's twitching; school is stressful. That's not news, though.
Old 10-15-2013, 08:34 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post

saw this on tumblr.

Yessssss. I just reactivated my facebook and blocked all family members because it is ridiculous that I dreaded looking at my facebook messages for months.

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 10-15-2013, 08:53 PM
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
I know right?? Augh!

Also, lady at the fabric store: "So what are you making?"
Me, amused: "...a chute for dog agility."
Lady: "...ahhhh."
Me, still amused: "You have no idea what that is, do you."
Lady: "Nope!"
Me: "That's okay."
Lady: "No, really though, so what is it?? Do they just run through it?"
Me: "Yeah, it's attached to a short tunnel or barrel and you make just a round flat chute basically, and the dog runs through it as part of an obstacle course."
Lady: "Oh! Oh I actually have seen those obstacle courses! That's so cool!"

I was laughing the whole time.
Tehehe. Obstacle course.

Last fall, I went to the fabric store to buy fleece. The lady asked me if I was making a tie blanket. I said, "Nope! I'm making pajamas." She asked me how old my kid was... I told her my dog was 2 and that she was going to love them!

Harlow 2010 Boxer :: Rider 2012 ACDx :: Tulsa 2014 ACD

http://trailingcattle.blogspot.com/
https://www.facebook.com/trailingcattle
Old 10-15-2013, 08:57 PM
I'm All Ears

It's ok. My neighbor watched me train my dogs for almost 20 minutes and never said a word. Kind of creepy.
Old 10-15-2013, 10:01 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Okay... so there's a guy on Match.
I saw him MONTHS ago on OKCupid and sent him a message, actually. He never responded.

So I see him on Match after I join and think "Hmm. Well. Why not." So I send him a "wink" just to see what happens.

Nothing. Okay, whatever, he's not interested.

I just logged on and discovered he sent me a wink.

WHAT?
NOW?
AFTER LIKE SIX MONTHS??

Okay I'm still on that though. A little bit older than I ideally want but yeah I'll go on a date with that.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog