Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-12-2013, 07:40 AM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

Default Gluten Free

Enlighten me please?? I am currently trying Gluten free (was told it would take 3months-1year to get it all out of my system and see results) because I have many different symptoms that could be (and probably are) caused by wheat and/or gluten. Difficulty to lose weight despite diet and exercise, sore joints and feet, tired all the time, anemia, anxiety, migraines and constant headaches, constant sinus issues, and I could go on.

I've gone on a lot of low carb diets (which I am currently on and have been for about a couple months now) and I always tend to feel better when I eat low carb. I'm hoping that eating completely wheat and gluten free will help me even more. Even on this low carb diet I have a cheat day on Saturdays where I can eat whatever I want (without going overboard) and I always wake up sick and with headaches the next day. So the plan is to eat gluten free and low carb mon-fri and just eat gluten free on the weekends. (So I can have some limited sugar, potatoes, etc for the weekend).

So what are some tips? Recipes? Snack ideas? Encouragements? Discouragements? I know a lot of good low carb meals that are also gluten free, and would LOVE to know more, but also what are some things I can have on my cheat days that may not be low carb but are gluten free? We bought some gluten free cookie mix last weekend and they were AWESOME! A friend who has celiacs also let me try a gluten free fudge pie that was out of this world! Any other secrets?

And can I use this thread to ask questions along the way? We have close family friends who are gluten free and we get tips from them, but I would like to know more! I even have a few recipes of my own that I could share!

Chloe - 8 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 2 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)