Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-12-2013, 12:21 AM
Top Dog

Default Agility Trialing Basics

I know this may sound dumb, but can anyone fill me in on the basics involved in agility trials? I'm pretty clueless.

Jackson and I are in our 4th class and not ready to compete yet (mainly because I know next to nothing), but I have a feeling I might wanna give it a shot one of these days.

I really know nothing about the trialing aspects of agility though, or any rules, regulations, etc.

So basically I know there is NADAC and USAA are most popular 'types' right? Is there one you prefer?

When it comes time to sign Jax up for his first trial, what are the steps even involved in that? Do you do something simple... I know I've seen tunnelers, where the course is just all tunnels. And a course where it's all jumpers. These seem like they'd come fairly easy to us. He loves both the tunnel and jumps and I think he'd be ready for a course like that now. He mainly still needs work on weaves and teeter.

And as far as getting Q's... so he would have to complete the course, with no mistakes, and in a certain time to get a Q?

Sorry I know this sounds really lame, but basically if you could just fill me in on... how it works, so I can just get a better understanding of it all, I would be very happy. lol.

Brit & Jackson