Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 10-07-2013, 01:53 PM
Sit! Good dog.

I'm on day two of a no wheat/gluten, low carb, no sugar, no processed crap, no alcohol 14 day detox..... Arrrrghhh CRAVINGS!!!! I feel so out of sorts, and irritable. I had stomach cramps today (diet coke/diet drink detox, had it before), and I feel like I want something but don't know what.

Trying to drink 3 litres of water a day and feel like I'm drowning. It's a good day when I remember to have 1 glass of water normally!!!!!

I'm so toxic!!!! I also have daily work outs to complete, along side the 2x weekly bootcamp I do.... After 14 days we can reintroduce things one at a time.... See how we fare.

I KNOW I'm going to feel better in a few days... But right now I want to.. I don't even know!!!

Feeling determined though!!

Pointless post, just needed a RANT!!! Bah!
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 10-07-2013, 02:20 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy View Post
I'm on day two of a no wheat/gluten, low carb, no sugar, no processed crap, no alcohol 14 day detox..... Arrrrghhh CRAVINGS!!!! I feel so out of sorts, and irritable. I had stomach cramps today (diet coke/diet drink detox, had it before), and I feel like I want something but don't know what.
Ughhhh removing everything at once is going to hit you hard for sure. And it probably won't get better for a while. Just stick to it because if you cheat, you basically have to start the whole detox and endure all of it like it's Day 1 again.

People claim if you don't eat that stuff you stop craving it. I guess it must be true for some people but I'm pretty sure it's a lie people tell themselves to make themselves feel better. "oh yeah, I don't crave it at all anymore!!" Oh yeah? Well I can't tell you the number of times I want to shovel enormous amounts of gluten-y stuff in my face.

OREOS.
FOREVER.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 10-08-2013, 08:52 AM
Top Dog

Welp. It only took me until October to get motivated but I'm ready now! To eat better (more calories & healthier things) and work out.

Started this morning by actually getting out of bed (which is my biggest obstacle) & ran 2.25 miles. It's not much but I'll take it!!

I have dreams of a half marathon someday, as far fetched as it sounds right now and I'm finally ready to start trying. And it's good for me to have a crazy goal to work toward.
Old 10-09-2013, 03:29 PM
Sit! Good dog.

Day 4! It's going so slowly lol. Fasting for 17 hours from the last meal I had tonight, so that's me done till 12pm tomorrow now! Eek.

Didn't do my work out today as been feeling a bit out of sorts still.. Opted for a nice bath and an early night instead, start tomorrow fresh. Can do 2 tomorrow as they're only 10 mins. Good work out though, a bit of cardio and working all the body parts, core, arms, legs etc. Not cheated on my eating, which is pleasing, but still have random niggley cravings. Not anything physical as much, not anything particular, just like an unscratched itch!! Makes me restless.

Struggled with my water today and only managed 2.25 litres... Not to far off though, and still better than before, much much better!

More than 1/4 way through, 10 days to go!!
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 10-09-2013, 03:53 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9krazee View Post
I have dreams of a half marathon someday, as far fetched as it sounds right now and I'm finally ready to start trying. And it's good for me to have a crazy goal to work toward.
You can do it!! It's not far fetched at all. You can totally do it! Have you picked one? Once you sign up, it's real. Pick one, sign up, and then start telling everybody you know. They'll hold you to it and keep you accountable!

I am not completely destroyed from my workout today like I was last week. I guess my legs adjusted a bit to all the squats and lunges. Hurt like hell while I was doing it though! Ow ow! My back is a bit sore today, I'm not sure if it's sore in a "hey so you did deadlifts" kind of way or if it's sore because maybe I pulled something. I wish I had my bathroom done so I could take a nice hot soak in my extra-deep tub...

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 10-10-2013, 08:21 AM
Roos, Poos, & a Wog!

Lost 3 pounds since the 30th, which puts me at my lowest weight ever and now I'm in a different weight "category". Going to really stick to it this time!
Old 10-10-2013, 10:33 AM
I'm All Ears

So my total lost is still just 6 lbs (an those have been the last 3 weeks since being on meds again) BUT I had a full screening today and all of my numbers improved! Everything is in a healthy range except for weight/bmi. So that's good! I gained muscle mass and lost fat as well.

It'd have been nice if my weight was lower but I will take improvement.
Old 10-10-2013, 11:39 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
So my total lost is still just 6 lbs (an those have been the last 3 weeks since being on meds again) BUT I had a full screening today and all of my numbers improved! Everything is in a healthy range except for weight/bmi. So that's good! I gained muscle mass and lost fat as well.

It'd have been nice if my weight was lower but I will take improvement.
Weight doesn't matter, you can be 150lbs of good stuff or 150lbs of not so good stuff. I assume you had your body composition done because you know you gained muscle and lost fat, so that is good. Pay attention to the % because that is what is important.

There are a lot of people that "look" thin and have good BMI and weight and their body ratios are very unfavorable when they're measured. Those ratios are more important that other measurements like Cholesterol numbers in predicting future health issues.

BMI is useful for looking at large groups of people, but pretty worthless on an individual level.

anyway, maybe you already know that, i just saw your post and haven't been following the whole thread. For all I know i'm repeating myself in the same thread I forget what I say sometimes.
Old 10-10-2013, 05:42 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
You can do it!! It's not far fetched at all. You can totally do it! Have you picked one? Once you sign up, it's real. Pick one, sign up, and then start telling everybody you know. They'll hold you to it and keep you accountable!
Thank you!!! I needed that!! I think I'm going to start a blog.

I have picked one but have not signed up. The Polar Bear dash in January in Chicago!! Eeek!
Old 10-14-2013, 10:01 AM
Top Dog

I REALLY want to lose 10 lbs. I've been ignoring the paleo diet advice but may cave...however, I did have to buy smaller workout tights, AND I back squatted 165 lbs today. Super happy with those achievements!