Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 09-05-2013, 07:40 PM
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9krazee View Post
But where are the piiiictures!!!

Glad to see the update, though!
I know, I know. I'm so sorry!

Things have been kind of crazy and I haven't pulled my camera out at all.

I will try to get some Saturday morning.

Harlow 2010 Boxer :: Rider 2012 ACDx :: Tulsa 2014 ACD

http://trailingcattle.blogspot.com/
Old 09-17-2013, 01:05 PM
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew

Quick update!

Sealbert (or Bertie) has been doing fantastic. She's going through a little bit of a fear stage right now with weird objects in the house (vacuum, boot dryer, ect) but as soon as I pull out the clicker and start rewarding her for positive interaction, she's completely over it. I dropped a bowl on accident at daycare the other day right by her face and she ran over to investigate.

She's been doing fabulous at daycare. Gets along with EVERYONE. We are still working to overcome her jumping on people, but bite inhibition is improving tremendously. Impulse control is getting a tad better, as well as sits and downs and recalls.

Unfortunately I haven't had *too* much time to train, so she isn't as far along as I would normally like to see, but she's such a stellar puppy she will catch on super quick. I still can't believe how awesomely confident and cool this puppy is. She's fabulous in the crate and just awesome.

I noticed she was getting a little pink bellied again, so I put a little ointment on her and did find two fleas last night. Thankfully though, they were caught early so I will go ahead and do a little research on how to attack them and get that taken care of.

We do have some pretty serious interest in her from an awesome gal, so hopefully she will have a fantastic home very soon!

I put some new pictures up on FB, but tonight I will upload a few onto flickr and put some on this thread. (:

Old 10-06-2013, 10:45 AM
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew

The Bert has a meet and greet today with a younger, single guy. He's just bought a house and owns a semi truck repair shop. She would basically hang out with him all the time. He's never had his own dog, but grew up with an ACD.

Vibes for the girly!

Old 10-06-2013, 10:51 AM
Professional Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by meepitsmeagan View Post
The Bert has a meet and greet today with a younger, single guy. He's just bought a house and owns a semi truck repair shop. She would basically hang out with him all the time. He's never had his own dog, but grew up with an ACD.

Vibes for the girly!
Sounds perfect!
Old 10-06-2013, 02:49 PM
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew

Well... Bert's meeting went super well. I really, really liked Dan. He was super nice, easy going, open to suggestions, ect. Will most likely be taking classes with the trainers I use. He went in and got her Nylabones and a crate and a long line and a GF food. She went home with him for the night as a trial. He told me about the precautions he will take to be sure she doesn't get into antifreeze at the shop, and was even talking about putting in a large kennel run in his shop for when he has to step out, ect. I'm going to check on them tomorrow afternoon to do a shop check and if all is well then the adoption will be finalized. All in all, I think it will be a great fit. She worked really well for him and you could tell they got along excellent.

I'm sad, but I think it will be a great home for her. Will update further tomorrow.

Old 10-06-2013, 07:56 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Well... Bert's meeting went super well. I really, really liked Dan. He was super nice, easy going, open to suggestions, ect. Will most likely be taking classes with the trainers I use. He went in and got her Nylabones and a crate and a long line and a GF food. She went home with him for the night as a trial. He told me about the precautions he will take to be sure she doesn't get into antifreeze at the shop, and was even talking about putting in a large kennel run in his shop for when he has to step out, ect. I'm going to check on them tomorrow afternoon to do a shop check and if all is well then the adoption will be finalized. All in all, I think it will be a great fit. She worked really well for him and you could tell they got along excellent.

I'm sad, but I think it will be a great home for her. Will update further tomorrow.
Great news!
Jolly Roger's Copper "Penny" - 05/08/13
Old 10-08-2013, 12:41 PM
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew

Seal, now Sadie, is officially adopted! The 7th must be the day for all of my fosters to find their forever homes, as it was Lucy's one month gotcha day as well. :P

I'm really excited that she is so close (only 20 minutes away!). I told him if he ever needed a sitter or wanted to get together for a play date to let me know. He loves her so much already.. Still can't believe she was supposed to be euthed.

Old 10-08-2013, 12:56 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Seal, now Sadie, is officially adopted! The 7th must be the day for all of my fosters to find their forever homes, as it was Lucy's one month gotcha day as well. :P

I'm really excited that she is so close (only 20 minutes away!). I told him if he ever needed a sitter or wanted to get together for a play date to let me know. He loves her so much already.. Still can't believe she was supposed to be euthed.
Yay! I'm so glad she got this beautiful happy ending. Chazzers are awesome.

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 10-08-2013, 02:03 PM
Top Dog

I'm so happy for her!!!!!! And I hope you guys keep in touch and we can still watch her grow and hear updates!!!!
Old 10-08-2013, 05:29 PM
Behavior Nerd

So awesome! Tho the new name is silly, I'm glad she's found her forever home and am super stoked that you can keep in touch. It's always nice to know how your fosters are doing!