Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 10-06-2013, 07:43 PM
Puppy Dog

Thanks all. She has been for 2 yearly exams since we adopted her & the Vet has always given her a clean bill of health. I guess she is just different in structure than our other dogs. I intend to do everything in my power to insure a long healthy life for her. She is such a Sweetheart.
Old 10-06-2013, 09:08 PM
Kung Pow Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by SizzleDog View Post
Saggy boobies? I don't think so... at least, my dogs haven't. Bigger nipples sure, but not "saggy boobies."

Not only did Kaylee go through several heat cycles, but she's also had a litter of puppies. This is a photo I took a few months after she weaned her puppies:

2.5 years post-whelp:

KayleeNEcat3 by sizzzle_dog, on Flickr

I agree with you though - a big bulgey stomach is not a good sign.
I know. And I am forever envious of your sexy trim post-whelp bitch. Mine is SPAYED now and still has big saggy fleshy curtains for boobies smh

depends on the bitch, clearly. also yours is raw fed, mine was not. and Ill wager she gets a lot more physical workout than my lazy houseplant
Old 10-07-2013, 06:12 AM
I'm All Ears

This is Summer < a year post-whelp.

A couple years:
Old 10-07-2013, 07:59 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliTerp07 View Post

I gotta believe it's like people--some you can't tell they were ever pregnant, and others have saggy boobs and excess skin for life.
This has been my experience. Also I think some breeds tend to look better after litters than others. A friend's dog had two litters and looked like a cow the rest of her life. The dog was well cared for and raw fee but still very saggy, it happens.

As for the dog in this post, I'd be concerned about the health issues that have been mentioned in a Schnauzer with a round belly.
Old 10-07-2013, 09:22 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

In my opinion there is a slight different feeling to the muscles of the tummy. AT least Mary's and mine tho we were both muscular, never were completely the same again.It feels just a little softer tho the appearance can be just about the same. My Mom said Mary would never go back with all that milk she had, but she did.
The only saggy baggies I ever saw were over bred females. Pepper has a totally different appearance even tho she never had puppies. If you looked at her you would think maybe she had, if you touched down the middle of her stomach, you would never she never did. THe skin is very taunt and the muscles hard across evenly. I would think a round tummy would more likely be something else.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,