Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 10-04-2013, 07:31 PM
Chihuahua Power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by noludoru View Post
It just gets to the point where you're like, what? This is bad? I'm eating popcorn, sipping a slurpee and watching episodes of scrubs all without getting out of second gear. I THINK THIS IS AWESOME.

. . . you can all imagine me doing that, can't you?
I can totally picture that and it's cracking me up

Orlando traffic is terrible, but NoVa puts us to shame. It's frustrating when you see people walking past you who are going faster.

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 10-04-2013, 09:51 PM
Bored Now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHotDobe View Post
^^^Yesyesyes. I'm down in Rockville so I'm not a million miles away now.
YES.

First two weeks of Nov (1-14). The first weekend I should be able to do some stuff, the second weekend I'll be doing Thanksgiving with family, but the rest of the time I'll be good.

We need to do a cruise and/or hike/coffee thing. ALSO WE COULD GO TO THE MALL AGAIN! Not that I'll be buying things, but I can window shop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Jessie~ View Post
I can totally picture that and it's cracking me up

Orlando traffic is terrible, but NoVa puts us to shame. It's frustrating when you see people walking past you who are going faster.
Yeah, I spent waaay to much time in my car. 26k miles in one in a year. 11k miles in the other in a year when I was only using it half the time and had it shipped out here. People are amazed/horrified that I can sip coffee, talk on the phone, and drive a manual. I'll admit that it's not a good combo.

So when are you and Ian coming to Denver!? We need to go snowboarding and hiking. Or, you two need to go snowboarding and I'll try not to die. Yeah, that.
Old 10-05-2013, 09:03 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by milos_mommy View Post
SO and I have been arguing a lot. Or, not arguing, just simultaneously not feeling great about our relationship. And compromising A LOT. I don't know if we'll last, and I'm scared. He thinks we're just too different. I think if we work on communicating better we'll be ok. :/
Would he be willing to do counseling? We have had counseling a few times throughout our relationship (mandatory pre-marital counseling before the wedding, and then another round through our couples Bible study group a few years later), and both times it's been pretty eye opening. I think we have a pretty solid relationship, but they've always found some things we can work on and helped us bring issues to light and discuss them with a neutral third party.

I'm sorry you're struggling

Lucyfur CA O-NAC O-NCC S-NJC O-TNO S-TGN S-WVN HPN SG
Old 10-05-2013, 05:02 PM
Top Dog

I let Brooks and Goose out to the front yard (fenced, with padlocked gate) for a bit last night while we were finishing a show (Brooks is in a "let's see what demand barking gets me" stage and the toddler was sleeping). They'd been out for approximately two minutes when They both started to bark. Since that's not common, and since I don't let the dogs bark outside, I headed to let them in. When I stood up, I saw that a car was stopped out front. This is not necessarily odd, because once in awhile, people will stop by one of the neighbors' but park in an odd spot. But, I did see that someone was out of their car. My husband quickly rushed outside, at which point the car took off down the street.

Now, perhaps someone stopped to speak to a neighbor (there were some people in the street a bit further down the block), but it was very odd and certainly unusual) Just in case, the dogs are on supervised pee runs only for awhile. I also realized Brooks hadn't been microchipped yet, so remedied that today.
Old 10-05-2013, 05:28 PM
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grab View Post
I let Brooks and Goose out to the front yard (fenced, with padlocked gate) for a bit last night while we were finishing a show (Brooks is in a "let's see what demand barking gets me" stage and the toddler was sleeping). They'd been out for approximately two minutes when They both started to bark. Since that's not common, and since I don't let the dogs bark outside, I headed to let them in. When I stood up, I saw that a car was stopped out front. This is not necessarily odd, because once in awhile, people will stop by one of the neighbors' but park in an odd spot. But, I did see that someone was out of their car. My husband quickly rushed outside, at which point the car took off down the street.

Now, perhaps someone stopped to speak to a neighbor (there were some people in the street a bit further down the block), but it was very odd and certainly unusual) Just in case, the dogs are on supervised pee runs only for awhile. I also realized Brooks hadn't been microchipped yet, so remedied that today.
Scary!

PS, he also isn't in your siggy. That should also be remedied.

Harlow 2010 Boxer :: Rider 2012 ACDx :: Tulsa 2014 ACD

http://trailingcattle.blogspot.com/
https://www.facebook.com/trailingcattle
Old 10-05-2013, 06:16 PM
Little dog, big voice

My mom has confined my sister and I to the house tonight while she is out with friends... why? Apparently an older woman was murdered last night in a town about twenty minutes away, and they are still looking for who did it. Incidents like this are very rare around here, so it only makes the situation even more nerve wracking...

The two and a half year old papillon. Crazy. Social butterfly. Clever.
Old 10-05-2013, 09:00 PM
Top Dog

Karen - I think so. I already go to behavioral therapy twice a week, though, and he works like minimum 50 hours a week. It's hard to find a group that works with our schedule, and idk if we can afford counseling we need to pay for.

Things seem a little better today, but I'm not sure. The therapy I go to offers seminars for family members on communication/interpersonal skills, so I'll try to go to that, but I don't know when the next one is.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 10-05-2013, 09:23 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

*sigh* Screw interruptions. Michael and I were finally able to have a long video chat and RIGHT when I broached a semi-serious topic his roommate came back from muster and we had to break off.

We haven't had an actual conversation touching on anything of actual significance since he left for RTC the end of July. Slightly frustrated.

Old 10-06-2013, 01:05 AM
Twin 2.0

Huck woke me up A LOT last night, so I drank something like 7 cups of coffee today to be awake enough for work. Now I'm nowhere near tired, I feel like baking but I'm missing key ingredients from pretty much every recipe I want to make.
Old 10-06-2013, 08:43 AM
Resident fainting goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by *blackrose View Post
*sigh* Screw interruptions. Michael and I were finally able to have a long video chat and RIGHT when I broached a semi-serious topic his roommate came back from muster and we had to break off.

We haven't had an actual conversation touching on anything of actual significance since he left for RTC the end of July. Slightly frustrated.
He has a roommate?! Ugh ((HUGS)) That seriously sucks!!! Hope you guys get to have a better talk soon

and that he gets a single room!

Disclaimer: I work for Trupanion and love it/our policy! But I do not speak for the company or as the company.