Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Pictures and Pet Photos

Old 02-17-2013, 10:37 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Working with the three big dogs on "all four paws on this footstool." Because I felt like it... I have a tendency to see random stuff, like the footstool my mom bought because she can't reach the top of our cabinets, and decide it's for training. (Georgie did not get to play because she is having an upset tummy.)

It's funny to me because Auggie seems to "get" the trick right away, but he can't maneuver his body into position because he just can't stop moving long enough to think it through. I cut out the minutes and minutes where he just hopped back and forth repeatedly over the stool while barking at me. Payton, OTOH, immediately thinks we are just playing the pivot game, and it takes him a while to try something additional, yet he still manages the final trick faster than Auggie. I think it's because Auggie is used to having been lured for so long, so having to figure out how to get there - even when he seems to know what I'm looking for - takes him longer.
(Spoiler, Pepper never gets to the final trick but she gets very close; it takes her longer just to manage her two front feet on the stool because she hasn't played that game as much, so we stopped with "feet on the stool and move your back feet towards the stool.")

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie OA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 02-19-2013, 09:22 PM
Top Dog

Lola was a little full of it tonight, so I took out the clicker and gave shaping a shot. Didn't really have a goal, just started clicking stuff until we landed on something and then shaped it. I think we got the beginnings of a pretty neat trick out of it! (And we are really really bad at shaping, so I shall consider this a huge success lol)

Old 02-20-2013, 02:37 AM
Active Pup

Default tricks and training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shai View Post
@SaraB -- Silvia Trkman does a lot of those "raise both paws on one side at once" or "raise opposite paws at once" type games ifyou look on her website...some vids shows parts of how she builds up to that sort of thing.
thats great, i trained jack how catch a ball with his paws. He is pretty much trained now but sometime miss it but ask me throw again ball in air.
Old 03-04-2013, 12:38 AM
Active Pup

I am always working on tricks and tasks with my dogs. Here is a small compilation of some tricks my dogs know. It is interesting to note that many of these tricks started identical but that each dog has their own flair on them.

Jessie's favorites involve small behaviors. This is one I captured.

Lucy likes more action-oriented behaviors.
Old 03-08-2013, 07:19 AM
The Monster.

Last night was the first time I was able to successfully transfer Cohen's vault onto a wall. Previously it'd just been reserved for angled platforms like a flyball box. Now that she understands she can do it on an upright surface I can probably start having a lot of fun with it.

Cheynat's O' Lady Midnight CD RE ADC SGDC FDCh-S CGN HIC, Esq.
Megatron, Heat Vampire
Ci Da: Good Dog
Old 04-13-2013, 11:45 PM
Top Dog

Started working on a footstall with Zinga tonight! I love this dog, so much!

I condensed the two 5 minute sessions into this one video, just one or two examples from each step. Next step is to just keep working on the launch up so that she can learn to collect and hold her balance upon landing. Just a matter of practice at this point! From there we will add a sit pretty on.

Taboo, Zuma, Mighty Mouse, Zinga, Edgar, Zip Tie
Old 04-13-2013, 11:46 PM
Top Dog

I love Cohen's wall turn!! Very nice!

Taboo, Zuma, Mighty Mouse, Zinga, Edgar, Zip Tie
Old 06-20-2013, 10:46 AM
Active Pup

Starting off small. Working up to ring of fire.

Old 10-02-2013, 05:22 PM
Top Dog

How come no one posts here anymore? Is there a new one?

I have started training Robin in flyball (myself). We've been working on his box turn - this is his 4-5th session and he is working on a loaded box! When we were in MI, he was freaked out by the bang the box makes when the ball thrower is triggered. Now - absolutely no issues what so ever, at all.

We're also starting to seriously follow Silvia Trkman's Agility Foundations class/DVD - I can rent a field for $5/hr so I can actually work on the stuff. Tonight we re-started cik and cap. It went very well.

Limit is working on a push board (the prequel to the box) and also learning cik and cap. His recovery period for things that frighten him is getting faster/shorter every time we work - which makes me super happy! No video

Steele is going for his BH (for fun, he's 13, so be gentle on the heeling critiques, he has no formal obedience training). He's the bestest old dog EVER.

Is there a separate IPO training thread?

Kastle is learning his blind search and transports...and retrieves. We're hoping to go for our IPO I in the next 6 months or so.

Eden's working on 12 weaves but I also don't have video of her, oops!
Old 10-04-2013, 11:15 PM
Mainstreme Elitist

I let Cara's LLW really slide because most of our exercise is done off lead or on a long line. So a few weeks ago I made a concerted effort to fix it, so we started working at home and then around town. Today we went to Petco, I expected a very distracted dog pulling on the leash. Instead I got this.

My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet