Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 10-03-2013, 08:57 PM
Rollin' with my bitches

I actually did it for pain control immediately after Blossom's spay. The vet offered for $19 and was very frank in telling me that while she did not recommend it for all procedures (for example neutering a healthy young/adult dog - she said no point), she saw great results in post op pain on adult female spays. So I figured for $19 I would do it, and she did have a really easy recovery. Easier than the last time I had a female spayed, but that was also 7.5 years ago and a very different dog. I would opt for it again if offered a similar price.

Old 10-03-2013, 09:46 PM
Top Dog

Well, verdict is in. Ezzie does have a tear in his right triceps brachii. More than likely tore the fascia on the left triceps brachii as well, thus the bulging and swelling. Didn't prescribe a painkiller as he isn't lame and the vet doesn't want him to be unable to feel any soreness, just in case he decides to be stupid. No anti-inflammatory either. Really commended me for what I've done so far in reducing the swelling - said to keep up the massage/stretching routine.

As for the cold laser, we're going to start with 6 treatments on each side and see what happens. Definitely can't hurt, and if it speeds up the healing process, all the better.