Home made dog treats

bonster

Disappointed :(
Does anyone make their own using natural ingredients?

Bonnie has a premium natural diet already and I don't want to be undoing any of its good with processed treats...

So, any good recipies?

Simple ingredients please (stuff I might find in rural Spain!) - you Americans are spolied when it comes to shopping :D

A Three Dog Bakery recipe

Three Dog Bakery (TDB) is a popular dog bakery using all natural ingredients...here's a recipe.

Pup-kin Nut Bread

Makes 6 Merry Mutt Mini Loafs.

1½ cups all-purpose flour
¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon baking powder
Pinch of ginger
½ cup canola oil
¼ cup honey
1 18-ounce can pumpkin
2 large eggs

Preheat the oven to 350° F. Grease and flour six aluminum mini bread pans.

Stir together the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and ginger in a bowl and set aside. In a large bowl stir together the canola oil and honey. Add the pumpkin and eggs, one at a time, and stir to combine. Stir in ¼ cup of water. Add the dry ingredients and mix until smooth.

Fill the bread pans 2/3 full. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the center of a loaf comes out clean.

Cool to room temperature before slicing and serving.

candy722

I can't even bake something for myself. Wish me luck baking something for TOki. hehehe

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
These treats sound really tasty! Will give some of them a go! I hope that if I come back as a dog in another life that my parents would make me treats like these!!

bonster

Disappointed :(
:) LOL !

Here's a tip - if you do make your dog some treats do not keep them in an idential jar to the one you keep your coffee biscuits in - or you'll never have a quiet coffee break again :D :D !!!

Members online

No members online now.