Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-02-2013, 11:16 AM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

Default Deciding on a future smaller breed

Ok this is mainly just for fun. I'm not planning to get another dog for probably another 2 years or so and next dog is going to be another Ibizan anyway, but I was curious what smaller breed you guys think would fit well with myself and our crew maybe later on down the road.

One day I would like to get a smaller dog. I love papillons and they definitely on my list though I really like the oversize byb type papillons so would probably adopt if I went that route or find a breeder who has really nice dogs and paps that are on the higher end of the standard in size.

Another breed I'm considering is a sheltie though even a small BC is always on the back of my mind since I love having border collies

My wants:

Coat- I like short coats or semi-longish, mild to moderate shedding is ok, but prefer not to have another dog that blows a ton of coat if avoidable

Biddable/easily trainable/good focus on their handler... would more than likely be looking for a trick dog/disc dog prospect

weight/height: Prefer 25lbs or smaller/18" tall or less

Do not want a breed that is prone to DA or HA. I can handle a little DR, but not preferable if I can avoid it.

I want a dog that is loyal, affectionate but also content to lie around on lazy days and not harrass me to go outside every ten minutes.

I don't want a dog that is too soft, but not too hard either... make sense? I like a good middle ground temperament and don't want a dog that is going to completely shut down if I raise my voice slightly ever.

I like herding breeds and sighthound breeds a lot... would consider a dog outside of herding and sighthound groups, but not into shih tzus, havanese, maltese, anything like that.

Let me know if I'm forgetting anything...