Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 09-29-2013, 07:52 PM
Duuuuude.

Three months ago I bought moldy pita bread from a King Soopers, and a week later I bought what turned out to be 7 MONTH EXPIRED meal shakes, which I only found out AFTER I drank one. I didn't get sick luckily but I have a horrible phobia of throwing up so it was an intense couple hours after I drank it (it tasted normal until the bottom where there was an inch thick layer of congealed... eww... stuff.)

I stopped shopping at that Kings for a few months then went the other day because it's convenient and on the way for me. I bought a package of cream cheese, expiration date January 2014, and it's MOLDY. What the ****. I can tell you which Kings I am NEVER shopping at again.

Kendall & the Red Dogs: Rowan & Riff
Old 09-29-2013, 08:33 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliTerp07 View Post
Do you still have your old lenses? I always save the old pair in an extra case, because more than once the new ones are terrible and I can't see the board in my own classroom! My back up is my glasses, but they're at least 5 years old now, so the prescription is slightly outdated...

Hope you get it resolved as easily as possible.
I do have my glasses fortunately (I haven't worn contacts in years), otherwise I'd be screwed...and I'd definitely be in there sooner than Friday!
Old 09-30-2013, 12:54 AM
Twin 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paviche View Post
Three months ago I bought moldy pita bread from a King Soopers, and a week later I bought what turned out to be 7 MONTH EXPIRED meal shakes, which I only found out AFTER I drank one. I didn't get sick luckily but I have a horrible phobia of throwing up so it was an intense couple hours after I drank it (it tasted normal until the bottom where there was an inch thick layer of congealed... eww... stuff.)

I stopped shopping at that Kings for a few months then went the other day because it's convenient and on the way for me. I bought a package of cream cheese, expiration date January 2014, and it's MOLDY. What the ****. I can tell you which Kings I am NEVER shopping at again.
Which one??
Old 09-30-2013, 09:45 AM
Plus One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snark View Post
Glad no one was hurt, but that sucks. I can understand not having the finances to get another car, but no insurance? Is that because they won't insure you or the cost will skyrocket? Sorry you're dealing with this!
It's because the cost will skyrocket. I might be ok though because we're not planning to claim on it but we have to let them know and although I could continue my insurance and it would stay the same price, there's no point when I have nothing to drive and the money would be better spent on saving for a new car.
Old 09-30-2013, 09:45 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Sales at work are abysmal.
And I'm supposed to code something that I have no idea if I can do.
and I really need a new job.

Only four days this week at least. Thursday night I leave and go to Indy for agility.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 09-30-2013, 09:57 AM
Duuuuude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoom View Post
Which one??
The one off of Mississippi & Chambers. I used to live right down the street and shop there all the time without a problem, but not anymore

Kendall & the Red Dogs: Rowan & Riff
Old 09-30-2013, 10:58 AM
Was BackwardCinderella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paviche View Post
The one off of Mississippi & Chambers. I used to live right down the street and shop there all the time without a problem, but not anymore
FML, good thing we're moving in a week. That's the one we use. Ugh.

http://doofydogblog.blogspot.com/
In which creeper dogs, products and nonsense are discussed.

Old 09-30-2013, 01:33 PM
orange iguanas.

We have like only 5 appointments scheduled this afternoon so far, and 3 of them are euthanasias. Awesome.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 09-30-2013, 02:09 PM
Top Dog

Lots of stupid phone calls at work guilting me into things...

Then this afternoon a gal calls and says she's found a few week old kitten outside the library, almost unresponsive, in a box.. Animal control is closed, so I tell her I'll take the kitten and foster it if it lives.

She gets here, and it's skin a bones, tail has been recently cut off, she's soaking wet and has been sitting in the heat for god knows how long. I tried feeding her a little food and I couldn't get her to swallow anything. Sub Q fluids did not get a reaction, either. So... we euthanized her.

I don't like cats and I'm allergic, but man. I hate this part of my job.

Red Dog's Reconnaissance Man CGC CL1-R CL1-H CL1-F CL1-S USJ
General Patton Vom Winter Storm
Old 09-30-2013, 03:11 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
We have like only 5 appointments scheduled this afternoon so far, and 3 of them are euthanasias. Awesome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJEtzel View Post
I don't like cats and I'm allergic, but man. I hate this part of my job.
At least you all are working. We were super busy today, but payroll is payroll and our manager said, "One of you is going home early." So I got two hours shorted off my shift.
I need money, dang it.

But, I had taken three days off of work for Mike's graduation, and at least I was told upon returning, "OMG, Andrea, I don't know what we're going to do when you leave. Everything was a mess with you gone." Nice to be noticed!