Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 09-30-2013, 10:51 AM
Show Dog

If Jubel just goes out in the backyard to poop it's a one and done deal. On walks he can poop anywhere from zero to 4 times, on average it's 1-2 poops.
Old 09-30-2013, 11:37 AM
The Monster.

I was walking the dogs off leash yesterday along a path. It was a gorgeous day, so there were loads more people out than normal (ie, I normally don't see a soul while walking this path). I'm wrapping up the walk and Cohen disappears into the underbrush. I wait a minute... she doesn't emerge. I call her... she doesn't emerge. I'm starting to get worried. I can hear her tag jingling, and then I hear *crunchcrunchcrunch*. I start pushing into the bushes at the last place I saw her.

What do I find? TWO BUCKETS OF RAW MEAT.

Pig hooves. Chicken quarters. 2 gallon plastic buckets. Meat looks newly placed. No flies. Cohen is nowhere to be seen, but I know she's eating what she's scavenged nearby.

I stand by the buckets and eventually she comes by. I'm trying to exude calm but I'm freaking out. "WHO THE **** LEAVES MEAT IN THE WOODS? WHAT THE **** IS IN THIS MEAT??" I leash her up and we leave.

Cue me worrying about her being poisoned for the rest of the night. She seemed fine. I woke up this morning and she seemed fine. Dog is probably fine.

But who the **** leaves buckets of meat out in the forest? I think I even saw the guy who left it there in the distance as I was leaving. I'm just furious.

Cheynat's O' Lady Midnight CD RE ADC SGDC FDCh-S CGN HIC, Esq.
Megatron, Heat Vampire
Ci Da: Good Dog
Old 09-30-2013, 01:27 PM
Top Dog

If that had happened here it would have been the happiest day of Gambits life

Booty Dancing In Heaven 10/13/03-9/15/12
As much as I try to be one of those easygoing 'spread your wings and fly' types, I just can't stop trying to burst people into flames with my mind.
Old 09-30-2013, 01:29 PM
Top Dog

Bear hunters do that, but usually there is sweet high calorie stuff mixed in as well. Wolf hunters will set up bait stations, and will occasionally use buckets, is this a place in the city?

Last week in Toronto someone found hot dogs stuffed with pills.
Old 09-30-2013, 01:57 PM
Like a bat outa' hell

Panzer has started air humping Teagan. Oh goody. I think he sticks to air humping because he knows if he physically humped her he would get bitten in the face really hard.

Teagan Westhighland White Terrier
Panzer South African Boerboel Mastiff
Old 09-30-2013, 02:03 PM
The Monster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffiangirl View Post
Bear hunters do that, but usually there is sweet high calorie stuff mixed in as well. Wolf hunters will set up bait stations, and will occasionally use buckets, is this a place in the city?

Last week in Toronto someone found hot dogs stuffed with pills.
It's in the bluffs in Scarborough. Don't think there are bears. Plenty of coyotes, foxes, raccoons, etc though.

Didn't help that earlier in my walk I'd come across the body of a dog. It looked like someone had buried their pet, and something else had dug it up. Ugh. It had been there a long while.

Cheynat's O' Lady Midnight CD RE ADC SGDC FDCh-S CGN HIC, Esq.
Megatron, Heat Vampire
Ci Da: Good Dog
Old 09-30-2013, 02:23 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Got home for lunch and Auggie had been super sick in his crate. And not just in one part of the crate... but all over it. I let him out and he had been laying in a pile and it was stuck all over his hip. I didn't want to pick him up since he had puke stuck to him so I just directed him outside by holding around his chest, then grabbed the garden hose, apologized profusely, and soaked him down with the garden hose.

Poor guy. He gave me this look like "Why are you doing this to me?!" Because you had puke stuck on you, buddy.

He was in good spirits once I was done hosing him off, ran off and had a nice solid totally normal poop, then lay on the deck in the sun smiling at me. So he's probably fine. Just randomly needed to void the entire contents of his stomach.

I wanted to give the dogs a bath this weekend but DIDN'T want to because I didn't want my back to hurt. And it's not like they desperately need a bath, they're just getting to that point of "could use a bath." And now Auggie desperately needs a bath, because just rinsing him off isn't going to do the job. He's going to smell later. And if I'm giving Auggie a bath I guess I might as well do the other dogs. Sigh.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 09-30-2013, 03:44 PM
Happy Meal. Yum.

Talon is learning scent discrimination and is doing pretty well
Old 09-30-2013, 04:04 PM
Top Dog

I was going to enter an Agility trial with Dance in November due to (friendly) peer pressure from a friend. Then I realized I never actually sent in her AAC registration form. Oops. And it takes a while to process, so I can't enter her in this trial. This was the entire reason I filled out the form a while back... so that I'd never be stuck in this predicament haha. But I guess filling it out and not actually sending it in doesn't do any good. Procrastinating. Not once did it ever get anybody anywhere.

But at least this gives us a bit more time to practice!

ETA: Scratch that. Apparently there might be a way to enter her after all with a pending number or something. Busy having a mini panic attack now haha. Agility sounds good in theory, but we're far from pros! Hopefully we'll be more than just comedic relief.

Ripley
Keira (Very much missed 2007-2014)
Journey - Oracle Twist of Fate TreeStarr
Dance - Tollwest's Dancing In Style CGN FM RN

Last edited by Toller_08; 09-30-2013 at 04:25 PM.
Old 09-30-2013, 04:26 PM
Sport Model Pug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toller_08 View Post
I was going to enter an Agility trial with Dance in November due to (friendly) peer pressure from a friend. Then I realized I never actually sent in her AAC registration form. Oops. And it takes a while to process, so I can't enter her in this trial. This was the entire reason I filled out the form a while back... so that I'd never be stuck in this predicament haha. But I guess filling it out and not actually sending it in doesn't do any good. Procrastinating. Not once did it ever get anybody anywhere.

But at least this gives us a bit more time to practice!
Do it and just write pending where the number goes and write a note with your form and send the number as soon as you get it. It usually only takes like a couple weeks to get the number. I like the november trial, the fezdome is a nice indoor venue, Izzie and I should be there

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug