Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-29-2013, 06:42 PM
Top Dog

I really, really love my dog.

Yesterday we were taking a neighborhood walk, and she poked my knee to tell me there was something amiss. I told her she was being silly, and she poked me again and then pointed with her face (because I'm a dunce). I looked under the bush she was pointing at, and thought, "Gosh, that's a funny color for a rabbit."

The 'rabbit' bobbled out onto the neighbor's lawn, and was actually a puppy, probably about nine weeks old. I told Elsie to 'down' on the sidewalk, told her to stay, and enticed the little puppy over to me. He was super friendly, and honestly looked relived to see someone. I picked him up, and then called Elsie over to me.

THEN I realized I hadn't even thought about whether she would break the stay or not, because I knew she wouldn't. I went to the door of the house associated with the lawn where the puppy was and before I knocked I heard the following conversation:

Him: The puppy isn't in the backyard.
Her: Yes he is.
Him: I'm telling you I checked, and he's not.
Her: WhaAAAAT?

I knocked, and she yanked the door open said, "WHA--that's my puppy!" Then she looked at Elsie and said, "... That's not mine." I laughed and gave her the puppy, and we went on our way. She seemed really grateful to get him back; he'd slipped under a loose board in the back where they didn't think he could fit.

Anyway, I was super impressed with how calmly Elsie handled everything, and how insistent she was that I see what she was trying to point out without being a pest about it. I really love her.