Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 09-26-2013, 10:40 AM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shai View Post
I have shedding machines so I understand as well, haha.

Kim sheds like...well, like a plushy double-coated herder lol. If she's not shedding undercoat then she's shedding guard hairs, or vice versa. It's ridiculous. Golden tumbleweeds abound. We dedicate that "There's Dog Hair in Every Thing I do" song to her.

Web's pretty bad too. While in pictures he looks like he has a short harsh coat, he actually had a very plush double coat. It's almost like a rabbit...very cuddly. But when he sheds the incredible denseness becomes apparent as he creates a mountain of hair three times bigger than he is. The rest of the time it's not bad, though.

Mira doesn't have an undercoat which helps immensely. She turns the house black about 3 months after each heat cycle as she goes stark naked (like she is now), during which black hair can literally be pulled by the fistful, but otherwise she actually doesn't shed much. It's all or nothing.

And yet as others have said it's that short prickly hair that irritates me, and I'm glad none of mine have it. My SIL has a boxer mix which that hair type and I'm always itchy if I pet her because the hairs embed themselves into everything, including the clothes I am wearing.

I'll take annoying tumbleweeds any day.
Me too I just think its a normal part of having dogs LOL.

Old 09-26-2013, 10:44 AM
Top Dog

I miss the tumbleweeds from my husky mix and shepherd/chow mix I used to have...those were they days lol.

My danes shed A LOT! And yes, those short prickly hairs that weave into everything. I can't tell you how many times I have thought I am getting grey hair only to realize its dog hair lol.

The cats shedding is annoying too.
Old 09-26-2013, 10:57 AM
I'm All Ears

I understand why some people don't want shedding dogs. I work and wear black slacks and yeah there's white hair on them often. I have lots of lint rollers. It'd be nice not to have that problem anymore. But the breeds I like shed
Old 09-26-2013, 11:37 AM
& the Muttly Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
I understand why some people don't want shedding dogs. I work and wear black slacks and yeah there's white hair on them often. I have lots of lint rollers. It'd be nice not to have that problem anymore. But the breeds I like shed
If I just had Kim, I could wear khakis and be fine.

If I just had Mira, I could wear black slacks (my preference anyway) and be fine.

Webster is just difficult no matter what

The combination of all three is problematic, haha. The only downside to my diverse household.

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13
Old 10-14-2013, 12:00 AM
Active Pup

Spinone Italiano perhaps?
Old 10-17-2013, 12:03 PM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

Ugh all mine are doing the fall blowing of the coat "changing of the guard" as far as coats go, and I have 3 shedders so needless to say I am sweeping up fur balls daily ... Both inside and on the deck outside lol.