Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 09-22-2013, 12:03 PM
Top Dog

Mom emailed me today to let me know Tucker made a new dog friend! My step cousin came to visit and brought her Lab/Mastiff puppy Mud along. Tucker has become increasingly dog aggressive on walks so I wasn't really sure how hard he'd be to introduce to a new dog. Those dogs he does know he adores, all wiggles and whining and PLAY WITH ME PLEASE, but strange dogs make him super uncomfortable and he gets aggressive with them, so he hasn't made any new dog friends in a year or so. I knew at some point my step cousin would come to visit with her pup and I told my mom not to let Tucker meet Mud without me there. But they had a big cook out yesterday so Tucker was probably very upset being kept inside and I guess they decided to try and introduce the dogs. Mom said she used lots of treats and praise, that it was iffy at first (not sure how iffy exactly) but eventually they were having a blast playing and were best friends. I'm so glad because Tucker doesn't get to play with other dogs at all really. Phoebe who he sees every day doesn't play and Tucker always tries super hard to get her to. So I'm happy he got to have so much fun (and happy he didn't traumatize the puppy...though I'm pretty sure Mud is a lot bigger than Tucker at this point, I've heard he's a nervous puppy). If only they didn't live in Maine!

Thank you ~Dixie's Mom~ for my awesome siggy!
Old 09-22-2013, 01:20 PM
Glutton for Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyinsbt View Post
Tess just killed a possum in my living room. I take it all back. No more terriers.
Oh **** lol
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 09-22-2013, 01:26 PM
I'm All Ears

I dunno, I'd be happy the possum is no longer alive in my house.
Old 09-22-2013, 05:35 PM
Top Dog

I suspect her of bringing it in the house in the first place. And couldn't she have picked a tile floor instead of carpet?
Old 09-22-2013, 09:23 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Okay, I know weird coats are normal for puppies...but I'm still worried. *sigh* His haircoat is super brittle and thin in places. It's like his top coat is completely gone and just weird, inconsistent undercoat is left I took a picture of him tonight with my flash on and I could see skin reflecting back. Normal?
I'm a worrywart, I know...

ETA: Yes, I'm pretty sure I'm just a worrywart...I'm just going to keep any eye on it and if it gets worse then I'll worry. Until then...he'll just be a ratty, scraggly, ugly dog. ROFL

Abrams, Momma's boy Chesapeake Bay Retriever and Cynder, Daddy's girl little lab muttly
~*~ DOB 4/11/13 ~*~ DOB 1/28/2006 ~*~

Last edited by *blackrose; 09-22-2013 at 09:37 PM.
Old 09-22-2013, 09:37 PM
Glutton for Crazy

Have you asked the breeder?
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 09-22-2013, 09:41 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianneIsabel View Post
Have you asked the breeder?
No. Haven't thought it really pertinent. If it doesn't clear up and/or gets worse I'll ask. As of right now, I'm pretty sure I'm just going crazy. People see him and don't notice anything, I just do because I'm up close and personal with him. I honestly first noticed it after he had a bath last week (maybe...can't remember when it was). Wonder if the shampoo did something to it.

ETA: On the off chance it was the shampoo, I gave him a bath with just water, to see if there was any residue left over weighing it down or something. We'll see what it looks like tomorrow! It did seem a bit "fuller" after I was done toweling him off. Still not the right texture, though, but that may just be his coat changing...

I think some of the skin I'm seeing is from just his waves sitting weird? I'm not used to having a dog with this kind of haircoat, I don't think.

Abrams, Momma's boy Chesapeake Bay Retriever and Cynder, Daddy's girl little lab muttly
~*~ DOB 4/11/13 ~*~ DOB 1/28/2006 ~*~

Last edited by *blackrose; 09-22-2013 at 10:32 PM.
Old 09-22-2013, 11:40 PM
Top Dog

I have a sneaky, eerily smart little dog. I left Lola's bag of leftover treats after agility in my pocketbook on the kitchen table. I was home putting around doing errands for about 3 hours afterwards and Lola did not once so much as GLANCE towards the table or show the slightest bit of interest to tip me off.

I leave the room for 2 whole minutes, and I come back and she's already up on the table, opened the bag and had eaten every last drop. Totally convinced she pretended all night that she didn't know they were there so that the instant I turned my back she could strike LOL.
Old 09-23-2013, 01:46 PM
Not a Border Collie

Ned weighs in at 12 pounds, at 1 day short of 11 weeks. I'm curious to know how he compares to the other Koolies here at that age! He was so itty bitty when we got him, he seems more normal now LOL.

Quinn - English Shepherd

Old 09-23-2013, 02:35 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Payton is swaggering around like he's something special today.
He's right.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog