Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 09-11-2013, 09:30 PM
Silence! I ban you!

Went for a 4.2 mile run tonight. Decent pace. 36 minutes total. The last 2 miles really sucked. That's when we grow, though. I slowed down, but still pushed hard. It was a hot night, too, though, so that could have added to the suckiness

Got a good stretch out, drank a ton of water and I'm going to settle in for the night.
Old 09-13-2013, 03:46 PM
I'm All Ears

I'm kind of sad. My workout buddy went on the HCG diet or whatever and stopped working out. She's lost like 10 lbs in a week but I want to do this the right way. Is that bad? But dammit I want to lose some weight!
Old 09-14-2013, 11:07 AM
Silence! I ban you!

Don't work out for a number on a scale. Work out to be healthy. The rest will come. It's nice to get that tangible result, but don't stress it. You can do it
Old 09-14-2013, 03:57 PM
<------ CLAIM! ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddieq View Post
Don't work out for a number on a scale. Work out to be healthy. The rest will come. It's nice to get that tangible result, but don't stress it. You can do it
I don't work out for a number on a scale either ... I don even own a scale lol, I judge on how I feel, if I "feel" fit / thin / whatever then that's where I try to stay.

I have a dense bone structure & lots of muscle so I will never be what most consider a "socially acceptable " female weight.

Old 09-14-2013, 06:28 PM
Silence! I ban you!

My workout for the day was 3 games in a tournament. One umpire, so lots of running and, of course, the squats.
Old 09-17-2013, 07:57 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

So last week after my challenge finished I was all I'M NOT COUNTING CALORIES ANYMORE

After a week of not tracking (read: not eating enough) my workout today kinda blew.

Back to tracking. Sigh.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 09-18-2013, 04:20 PM
Top Dog

I've been hitting CrossFit 3x a week, aiming for 4x next week!

I have push pressed 75 lbs 3x this week - that seems like SO MUCH. But then they tell me that means I can probably actually get 90 lbs up for my 1RM...90 lbs, OVER MY HEAD??? That just freaks me out...and therein lies the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
I'm kind of sad. My workout buddy went on the HCG diet or whatever and stopped working out. She's lost like 10 lbs in a week but I want to do this the right way. Is that bad? But dammit I want to lose some weight!
So many of my friends did the same thing. It's so hard to stay on track and NOT do that. I just feel like my body would not be happy if I did that "diet"...
Old 09-20-2013, 12:50 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Somebody recorded part of Tuesday's BodyPump class and just posted in to the gym's Facebook page.

There's my ass. Front and center. Because we were doing push-ups and my form was rubbish and my ass was HIGH in the air.

And mostly I'm just ashamed of my form. WHAT WAS HAPPENING THERE? WHAT IS THAT?

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 09-21-2013, 08:30 PM
Silence! I ban you!

I've had a nagging injury I've been nursing the last few days. Pull in my left calf and in my right hip/groin, so I've not been running as much. Went out last night for a light 2 miles and felt pretty good. Got good and heated up and stretched out. Today I had signed up for a 5K to support the Catherine Boulay Foundation so I decided to go ahead and run. Beat my previous 5K time by a full 2 minutes (the one I did in August). Came in 10th overall. No prizes for age groups, so I didn't medal or anything, but it was great to make a good showing today.

And the best part of my day was seeing my daughter. It was "Family Day" at college, so we drove up after my race. Took her to lunch, did some shopping and such, then we hung out, had dinner and drove home. Good times.

Edit to add a pic from Saturday:

Last edited by eddieq; 09-23-2013 at 01:08 PM. Reason: added picture
Old 09-24-2013, 09:58 PM
Let it be

How thé heck does anyone weightift its mega awkward.

I am a running lover now. Everyone keeps saying i look so fit theast two dAYS... words j have never heard before. Instead of weigbt loss or body image goals i have been going for fitness ones and darn do i everfeel more motivated than ever