Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #8731  
Old 09-19-2013, 04:23 PM
JessLough JessLough is offline
Love My Mutt <3
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Ontario
Posts: 12,960
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
There was a horribly tragic accident here this morning, involving a bus and a train. So many people on my Facebook are just being... rude and mean about it. The things that are being said. I feel horrible for the driver's family that now has to deal with his death (I saw the bus, and feel pretty safe assuming he was killed on impact) and the comments being made.

On top of that, I'm horribly anxious about taking the bus to work I'm always anxious on the bus anyway, and there are no train tracks on the way to work, even, and yet ..
One of the people killed was a child of a close family friend.

I "knew" the driver -- had taken his bus many, many times. We would chat.

I can't believe it.
__________________
Ella: 2 1/2 year old female ferret
Nacho: ~7 year old male ferret

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Reply With Quote
  #8732  
Old 09-19-2013, 04:26 PM
-bogart- -bogart- is offline
Member of WHODAT Nation.
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: South East Louisiana
Posts: 3,104
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
One of the people killed was a child of a close family friend.

I "knew" the driver -- had taken his bus many, many times. We would chat.

I can't believe it.

I Know we dont like each other , but you have my condolences , this is a tragic accident and I hope the truth will come out and all the families can have peace.
As an exbus rider , I understand how you could be a friend.

Hugs
Reply With Quote
  #8733  
Old 09-19-2013, 05:19 PM
frostfell's Avatar
frostfell frostfell is offline
Kung Pow Fish
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Albany, New York
Posts: 800
Default

thanks everyone. im looking into getting a new one but money is so so so tight right now and im just so discouraged. it was kinda a hit n run, as he refused to give me his name or ID or insurance info, even tho he stopped to make sure iw as okay, all i got was his plates. he was stopped at a red light and i had the green crosswalk (i ride my bike on the sidewalk for exactly this reason, im terrified of moron drivers) and while he was stopped, as soon as i started to go, he did too. ****ing idiot.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8734  
Old 09-19-2013, 05:24 PM
frostfell's Avatar
frostfell frostfell is offline
Kung Pow Fish
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Albany, New York
Posts: 800
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD View Post
She is healthy, but her behavior hasn't been managed well and she's dealt with a lot of inconsistencies between me and my roommate. I continued to treat her like the well-raised service dog I trusted with my life and really now she's just some Joe Schmo's pet dog with a bunch of the same issues every Joe Schmo has to deal with in their pets.

Just need to see her differently, is all, and not put so much trust in an animal.
biting hard enough to draw blood isnt really a normal or appropriate response to ANYTHING that you could possibly be doing in a normal ordinary home setting. thats like... maximum overreactionary behavior. thats just... wow.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8735  
Old 09-19-2013, 05:31 PM
AdrianneIsabel's Avatar
AdrianneIsabel AdrianneIsabel is offline
Glutton for Crazy
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 8,886
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD View Post
She is healthy, but her behavior hasn't been managed well and she's dealt with a lot of inconsistencies between me and my roommate. I continued to treat her like the well-raised service dog I trusted with my life and really now she's just some Joe Schmo's pet dog with a bunch of the same issues every Joe Schmo has to deal with in their pets.

Just need to see her differently, is all, and not put so much trust in an animal.
A bite that serious is not a normal dog behavior for an ordinary human behavior.

I'm so sorry, it's scary and infuriating. If you need to talk I know how it feels.
__________________
Sloan von Krigbaum CGC BH CD NA NJ PD MJ-N RATI RATN 3/7/10 -
Shamoo NJ-N RATI RATN 3/1/98 -
Phelan du Loups du Soleil 6/15/13-

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.


Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Reply With Quote
  #8736  
Old 09-19-2013, 07:09 PM
MisssAshby's Avatar
MisssAshby MisssAshby is offline
Richy Rich HM Twit!
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Edmond, OK
Posts: 2,954
Default

I love having to come up with $7,400 due to a "mistake" made by somebody else.
Reply With Quote
  #8737  
Old 09-19-2013, 07:22 PM
Fran101's Avatar
Fran101 Fran101 is offline
Resident fainting goat
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Boston
Posts: 12,034
Default

Me and the boyfriend are just having awful stressful days.

School and family has just dumped stress on me.
His new job/command is just pouring work on him.

He called me more upset than I've ever spoken to him, he said his job was tearing him apart, he's just so tired.
I cried on the phone and there is just NOTHING I can do.
I can't be there.
he can't come here.

I hate distance. I hate it so much.
We are more than 13 hours apart time difference wise, which makes the times we CAN talk very limited if either of us plans on sleeping.

I hate the distance.
I just want him to be here.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8738  
Old 09-19-2013, 07:28 PM
Psyfalcon Psyfalcon is offline
Fishies!
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Oregon
Posts: 2,286
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostfell View Post
thanks everyone. im looking into getting a new one but money is so so so tight right now and im just so discouraged. it was kinda a hit n run, as he refused to give me his name or ID or insurance info, even tho he stopped to make sure iw as okay, all i got was his plates. he was stopped at a red light and i had the green crosswalk (i ride my bike on the sidewalk for exactly this reason, im terrified of moron drivers) and while he was stopped, as soon as i started to go, he did too. ****ing idiot.
For various reasons, the sidewalk is not safer. Thats one of them. You want to be as predictable as possible, which usually means the bike lane or the traffic lane. Driveways (private or business) are a huge danger of riding on sidewalks. Depends on where you live of course how exactly to go about it. Even in Portland there are plenty of places where riding is unpleasant or dangerous.

Edit: This seems to cover sidewalks well. DRIVERS! This is why we don't use sidewalks. http://mighkwilson.com/benefits/why-...-use-roadways/

Call it in. You have the plate # and even if the police aren't usually interested in bikes, they might be interested in a hit an run. (No insurance, I bet).
__________________
Buster
PhotoBlog
Reply With Quote
  #8739  
Old 09-19-2013, 08:13 PM
Grab's Avatar
Grab Grab is online now
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,902
Default

I'd definitely make a report with the plate #
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8740  
Old 09-19-2013, 08:14 PM
*blackrose's Avatar
*blackrose *blackrose is offline
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 5,209
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post
Me and the boyfriend are just having awful stressful days.

School and family has just dumped stress on me.
His new job/command is just pouring work on him.

He called me more upset than I've ever spoken to him, he said his job was tearing him apart, he's just so tired.
I cried on the phone and there is just NOTHING I can do.
I can't be there.
he can't come here.

I hate distance. I hate it so much.
We are more than 13 hours apart time difference wise, which makes the times we CAN talk very limited if either of us plans on sleeping.

I hate the distance.
I just want him to be here.
((((HUGS))))

Wish I had something wise and witty to say like you did for me when I was having a bad night...but I don't, because I'm not that kind of person.

Michael has had a rough past week or so and when he told me about it, it frustrated me. I wanted to BE THERE, and I couldn't. I couldn't even talk with him about it, because my letters take three days to get to him, and he can only send out letters on Sunday (with a three day lag until they get to me). Not conductive to having a meaningful conversation.

But...this too shall pass. It won't be like this forever. Things get better, things move forward. Always have, always will.
__________________
Abrams, Momma's Boy Chesapeake Bay Retriever and Cynder, Daddy's Girl muttly
~*~ DOB 4/11/13 ~*~ DOB 1/28/2006 ~*~

Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:40 AM.


1997-2013 Chazhound Dog Site