Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 09-15-2013, 10:59 PM
Silence, peasants.

Love reading everyone's agility updates.

Found a nice agility training place with puppy foundation classes leading to comp., the trainer there competes nationally and all looks good.

Feistea, ze Blog
Feist - 1 y/o Border Collie
Wesley - 3 y/o nephew derpoodle
Cleo - 13 y/o 'family dog' mini poodle
Old 09-16-2013, 09:25 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Can't wait to see more videos of Gusto and Meg please?
Well if you are going to keep twisting my arm like that...

Gusto's jumpers run from Saturday. He got a little distracted with the dogs in the other ring running, but came back to me pretty easily. Mostly I love this video (once I got past the self-conscious awkwardness of watching it!) is that the person filming started way too soon. One of my big things lately has been getting Gusto to play on the start line. He was shutting down once I put the cookies and tug down to go into the ring. We got stuck on the line forever while they changed jumps heights (and they never pulled the spreads out for our previous run, hence me being annoying about it), and you can see he started to turn off, but he played so much better than he ever used to.

And his Saturday standard run. I'm so sad I didn't have anyone tape his Sunday standard. I'm still really pleased with this one, even though he had a baby moment with the weaves. He's running, he's not getting distracted/sniffy on the contacts, and he's staying with me. I love him a bit

And Meg's Saturday standard run. Oh my gosh, she makes me happy. She's so naughty - breaking her start line! I trusted her too much on the discrimination, because when we were training regularly it would have been no question. Ah well. She's just so happy running. And she saved my butt when I gave her a terrible weave entry, so she still got her Nutter Butters after her run.

Old 09-16-2013, 09:44 PM
I'm All Ears

Ahhhhh I loved it! I need to at least get videos of Summer's runs at this next trial. I wish I had gotten her first trial on video.
Old 09-16-2013, 09:57 PM
& the Muttly Crew

Meg should always always get her Nutter Butters simply because she is Meg

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13
Old 09-16-2013, 10:26 PM
Top Dog

Pirate has a start line stay.

He may never, ever Q, but he does have a start line stay.
Old 09-16-2013, 10:36 PM
It's A Red Dog Revolution

Aheeeee!!! YAY Gusto and Meg!!!

And Pirate is looking great!

Thanks meepitsmeagan for the siggy!

Loistava Kennels and Red Fox Dog Training
Boundless Pawsibilities

Loistava's Jari CGC - 21 months old (M)
Loistava's Kimma RN AX AXJ RATN CGC - 4 years old (F)
AOM CH Finkkila's Kupla ("Bubbles") - 4 years old (F)
CH Finkkila's Pentti CGC TDI - 7 years old (M)
Old 09-19-2013, 01:00 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

My mom was having trouble teaching Georgie the teeter so I took over. Along with a can of squeeze cheese.

Georgie's teeter problems are resolved.

I am a fan of this girly. She did her first full-height teeter and I started crowing "Who's my best girly!!" Uhhhh Pepper is LOL. Whoops! Georgie is not my girly.

I told my mom if she can avoid blowing her a-frame contact she might actually have a shot at a Q. Her dog walk contact is very nice... a-frame not so much. I have two days... Friday and Saturday after the trial. She is only in Sunday.

Payton is in both for both days. I started getting excited yesterday and then today I'm back to kind of nervous about it. Most of all I'm nervous about his weaves. WHY? It's NOVICE. Seriously. Who cares. I really shouldn't.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie OA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 09-19-2013, 08:23 PM
Top Dog

I can't watch the new videos because I'm on my stupid work computer that is outdated and won't play online videos.. But when I get a chance to watch them at home I will!!

The girls and I have resumed our agility training. Zuma is pretty much right where I left her last spring. She still is a speed demon, still has control issues and still makes me scratching my head on occasion. No big surprises have popped up, which I'm very grateful for.

I think Zinga stole some of my agility books from the shelf or logged on and watched some online videos or something. This girl is on fire. I really wanted to take the break over the summer to see where her drive was when we started again. I left her in that silly teenager phase where drills are boring and I felt like her drive might have been slipping a tad (which is extremely relative, btw. It was slipping for her, but to a person who didn't know her probably couldn't have seen a difference). The break did a wonder of a difference! The fire is back, she is flying through courses but still has awesome control. I have never felt frustrated in a session with her, I laugh at least a few times in each session. This is the way training is supposed to be! Love this girl.

Zinga is working on finishing her weaves. Currently she is hitting and staying in 12 weaves in sequence about 85% of the time. That is the only foundation stuff we really have left, the rest is just her and I working on handling, figuring each other out.

Zuma is working on deceleration, collection, wraps and paying attention as usual.

If you made it this far, you are awesome.

Big news:
Zinga is entered in her first trial!!! USDAA on October 6th. We have a disc dog demo in the afternoon, so I entered her in just snooker because it was the first class. So freaking excited!!!

Taboo, Zuma, Mighty Mouse, Zinga, Edgar, Zip Tie
Old 09-20-2013, 05:57 AM
Top Dog

Yay Zinga! Be sure you have someone tape her run so we can all see the big debut!

Old 09-20-2013, 11:02 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

10pm the night before our trial... and I realized I have not really TAUGHT Payton how to do a broad jump. He's seen it... and cleared it... and also walked across it before... so...
uh-oh.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie OA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog