Okay Agility Folks

Moth

Mild and Slightly Nutty
Watson and I taking our first agility class together. Beginners agility obviously...

Any words of wisdom/advice/tips for us newbies?

SaraB

Don't get caught up in fads, handling systems or that you are doing everything wrong. Go out there and have fun with your dog, because THAT'S the original reason why this sport was invented.

xpaeanx

Don't take the word of the instructor as gospel. Do what you are comfortable with and what works for you and your dogs. And, if at the end of the day that means finding a different instructor than don't feel bad about it.

And have lots of fun!!!! :)

Jynx

I used to teach beginner agility..I agree with the above..Do what works for YOU and your dog.

Something to keep in mind as well, try to keep your dog out of other dog's space..until you know what's what with others just good manners:)

and HAVE FUN!

CaliTerp07

Bring a variety pack of the most amazing, delicious treats (and/or toys) for your dog. Hot dogs, cheese, deli meat, pull out all the stops! See what works in a distracting, sometimes stressful environment.

Have fun!!

Moth

Mild and Slightly Nutty
Tonight was our first class and he did pretty well.

We did some exercises that were all about the dog picking up it's feet. He got to try the tunnel :)

He catches on quickly...

He was a bit distracted by the new environment and the other dogs, but we had a good time with it :D

Members online

No members online now.