Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Cat and Pet Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-16-2013, 12:30 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by gapeach View Post
Penny is doing much better now,eating wet food and meowing as we walk past their room.
However now Resa has begun to sneeze and at 3 weeks...isn't she to young to take the medicine?
That would be a question to ask the vet. I'm assuming their weight is different, so she'd likely need a different dose regardless.

As for the dog with the kittens:
Honestly, if they are just fosters and won't stay permanent additions, I would just keep them seperate, at the very least until they are older and able to defend themselves/escape/not be so fragile. Reward the dog for calm behavior when she sees them, but I'd keep them 100% seperate.

When P had her kittens, we had a very strict "no touch" policy with Rose (a known cat killer). She was not allowed to go onto the porch when the kittens were there, and she respected that. Then, when the kittens were older and seemed less like prey and more like something that should be approached with caution because they have claws, we did introductions.