Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 05-06-2013, 08:13 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by medusozoan View Post
Random fact: I have had the urge to punch my boyfriend in the face when he is snoring ridiculously loudly and making loud chewing sounds with his spit in his sleep. I don't know why this makes me so angry but I just HAAAATE those damned noises. UGH.
Oh dear god yes. Me too. Snoring makes me want to punch walls. I haven't met anybody EXCEPT CHESTER who makes the annoying chewing sounds. And of course it's ONLY when it's perfect quiet. I end up beating my bed up a lot to keep myself from hitting my dog.
Old 06-28-2013, 07:33 AM
Active Pup

Nickname/Preferred name: Claire
Occupation: Retail drone - pharmacy and, if all goes well, some parttime at a local pet store.
About your dog(s): Samwise, almost 1, miniature poodle
Interests: Horticulture/biology, sculpting, roleplaying/LARPing, general geekery of most flavors.
Favorite music: I like a pretty eclectic mix, but I'll always have a soft spot for folk music. And Leonard Cohen. Mmmm.
Favorite book: You want me to choose? I wouldn't say I have one favorite, but my genres are definitely urban fantasy and YA fiction.
Favorite quote: "That thing does science so hard, you say, 'I've never seen that much science!' and then it's all 'check this out' and BOOM: more science!" (internet cookies for anyone who knows where that's from)
Random fact: I know from experience that getting all of my favorite childhood authors together in one room is one of the most awesome things ever.

The picture is older, but I don't really have many pictures of myself...

Old 08-27-2013, 08:14 PM
Puppy Dog

Nickname/Preferred name: Hannah

About your dog(s): Willow is a 1 year old IG mix, Sox is a 7 year old BC mix.

Interests: Human psychology, meteorology, drawing (although I'm pretty awful at it), reading, leather crafting, and dog training.

Favorite music: Oh man, a ton of things. Favourite band is Tegan and Sara; I also like Kate Nash, Meg & Dia, Lily Allen, Regina Spektor, Macklemore, Pink, and Lights. I like indie and folk music for the most part.

Favorite book: Far From the Tree, Full Frontal Feminism, Brave New World, Divergent.

Favorite quote: This changes on a weekly basis. Currently, it's one of these:

"But trying to use willpower to overcome the apathetic sort of sadness that accompanies depression is like a person with no arms trying to punch themselves until their hands grow back. A fundamental component of the plan is missing and it isn't going to work."

Or: "I think it's intoxicating when somebody is so apologetically who they are."

Random fact: 1.) I was homeschooled throughout highschool due to severe social anxiety, but I've made huge strides in overcoming it. 2.) I'm going to a Tegan and Sara concert next month, it's the first concert of theirs that I've been to despite the fact that I've been a fan for 6 years; I'm stoked.

Picture time!

Me:

One of my drawings, just because:

Sox:

Willow:

Sox - 7 y/o BC mix     &   Willow - 2 y/o IG mix
Old 09-13-2013, 03:35 PM
<(<) <()> (>)>

I havent posted in here yet so here is a picture of Zora schmoo and I. Gosh I love that dog :-)

You are the whisper in the wind, and the silence in dark.
You are the autumn rain, and the spring flowers.
You are the joy when I laugh, and the sorrow when I cry.
You are the earth beneath my feet, and the air in the sky
But most of all, you are my heart.
Run free, Beautiful Girl.
Old 10-29-2013, 10:53 PM
Shiba Inu Slave

Nickname/Preferred name: You guys can just call me Tempura Tantrum. Or Tempura. Or That Girl That Won't Shut Up About Shibas. LOL

About your dog(s): Two Shiba Inus. One veteran girl that lives with my parents, Kimi, and a nearly one year old male that lives with myself and my husband, Ringo.

Interests: Dogs (duh, I guess). Conformation dog shows, exotic animals (in particular elephants, big cats, and African Wild Dogs), conservation, Vintage pinups (I would love to be a Gil Elvgren girl EVERY DAY OF MY LIFE), Rockabilly, long distance running, weight lifting (more of a chore than an interest, buuuut), burlesque, everything Disney...

Favorite music: No sad songs. That's all I ask. Ballads can suck it.

Favorite book: For a good creepy read I LOVE "Summer of Night" by Dan Simmons. Imagine if they took "Buffy the Vampire Slayer," "The Goonies," "Stand By Me," smushed it all together and liberally applied "It." This book is the result. I creeped myself out in broad daylight.

Favorite quote: If it was ever said on the television series "Summer Heights High" it is my favorite. "Hoopies Celine! Hoopies!"

Random fact: I met my husband in a bar in Northwestern Australia when I was studying abroad. He literally fell at my feet. I'm an identical twin.

This is mah face. I still can't figure out why I can't get the actual picture to show up, so yeah, this is a link. I have no idea if it's gonna work. All aboard the failboat.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56858744@N02/10567929973/

Ringo and I his first day in the ring. Reserve Winners Dog to a 5 point major at a specialty. I'll take it!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/56858744@N02/10567938543/