Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 09-11-2013, 09:13 PM
such sights to show you

Maisy is like Old Iron Guts. She almost never gets sick. But when she does... it is epic in quantity and gross factor. Girl knows how to purge the bad humors.

She also has a way of magically stopping and falling asleep juuuuust when I'm about to transition from "watchful concern" to "slightly alarmed." So there's that.

Old 09-12-2013, 11:54 AM
Like a bat outa' hell

I really need to get rid of my subscription to my local area pets FB group. I might just get banned. A person just posted.

``Hello I am interested in breeding my dog she is 2 and is a small pure bread shih tzu and looking for any info I can get on breading. Thank you.``

and yes she spelled shih tzu and breeding wrong.

I replied and said things nicely, but I have a feeling I just might get banned if people don`t take my reply nicely ha ha

I hate people sometimes.

Teagan Westhighland White Terrier
Panzer South African Boerboel Mastiff
Old 09-12-2013, 12:09 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayleyMarie View Post
I really need to get rid of my subscription to my local area pets FB group. I might just get banned. A person just posted.

``Hello I am interested in breeding my dog she is 2 and is a small pure bread shih tzu and looking for any info I can get on breading. Thank you.``

and yes she spelled shih tzu and breeding wrong.

I replied and said things nicely, but I have a feeling I just might get banned if people don`t take my reply nicely ha ha

I hate people sometimes.
It might be for the best to just leave. lol Better for your nerves.
I was kicked out of two local pit bull groups on FB. The first, because I have an intact dog. Oh the horror! Apparently, despite the fact that I don't breed and have never produced even one puppy, I can't have an intact dog without being irresponsible. Oh and I also help out rescues. But that didn't matter. I'm the problem. The second group I was kicked out of was because I posted against a fake registry that just takes peoples money and gives worthless papers. It was full of backyard breeders anyway. I'm not missing anything.
Old 09-12-2013, 06:13 PM
Top Dog

Made some new stock dog friends out here who want to show me the wonderful world of herding. I freakin' love ranchers!

"Ma'ii is always out there, waiting. And Ma'ii is always hungry." - Navajo proverb
Old 09-12-2013, 07:30 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Two parvo cases at work today - I luckily was able to avoid handling them all day long, but was helping to sanitize the exam rooms they were in, so as a safety precaution, I doused my shoes in the parvo-killing cleaner just to be safe. What does Abrams do as soon as I get home? LICK MY SHOES BECAUSE APPARENTLY THAT DESANITIZER IS AWESOME.

Stupid dog.

Old 09-13-2013, 08:33 AM
Vizsla mom

Off to get some last minute things, pack up the car, prep Penny& head off to our hunt trial I'm super excited and also nervous. She has a great recall ..but I fear it will disappear a little in the presence of birds. I've spent the last 6 days taking her on hikes with lots of distractions& recalling her. I hope it pays off& I don't look like a tool :/ So ..hoping my dog decides to behave& that we come away with a really fun experience!
Old 09-13-2013, 08:57 AM
Rollin' with my bitches

Blossom has been having digestive issues and lost quite a bit of weight recently, which she didn't really have to lose in the first place. She's now at the "no body fat left but still has muscle" point, and it ain't pretty. I can basically see every rib, spine, and lots of hip. She's been having really horrid diarrhea and is also absolutely DUMPING hair everywhere. Her coat is kind of brittle and weird.

I treated her for worms/giardia with Panacur (and everybody else in the house to prevent reinfection). No help. I cut out chicken because I suspected she was reacting to it. She was ok for like a day and now the terrible diarrhea is back.

Someone suggested EPI, I said, "Ppppfffttt, oh no, I don't think so...." until I googled it. And now I really, really think so. And I'm really upset and scared. I know it can be manageable but it's still upsetting. She has all of the most common symptoms, more or less textbook. And a decent amount of GSD in her ancestry as well (though I know it can affect all breeds).

Calling a local clinic this morning to make an appt for Monday and get blood tests run.

I'm so worried about my dog.

Old 09-13-2013, 12:06 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily View Post
I'm so worried about my dog.
Oh no! Hope it's just a bug or something
Old 09-13-2013, 08:39 PM
Top Dog

Poor Blossom, I hope she feels better.

My musing- if you want to convince the neighbors that you are not weird, chasing after you coy while screaming "if you don't get back here there will be NO spankings tonight" is pobably not the way to do it.

I promise, he really does see getting spanked as some creepy reward. I suspect that he has secret pinings for whips and leather

Booty Dancing In Heaven 10/13/03-9/15/12
As much as I try to be one of those easygoing 'spread your wings and fly' types, I just can't stop trying to burst people into flames with my mind.
Old 09-13-2013, 08:54 PM
Rude and Not Ginger

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillandSilent View Post
Poor Blossom, I hope she feels better.

My musing- if you want to convince the neighbors that you are not weird, chasing after you coy while screaming "if you don't get back here there will be NO spankings tonight" is pobably not the way to do it.

I promise, he really does see getting spanked as some creepy reward. I suspect that he has secret pinings for whips and leather
I am so tired, and so exhausted, but I laughed so hard at that.