Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 09-10-2013, 08:22 AM
Show Dog

Default Dog Beds?

I wan to buy a few dog beds, for crates and around the house. The dogs used to just get on the furniture with us so I wasn't worried about them having a cozy place to nap, but the new roommate has mild allergies and I totally understand him not wanting hair all over his furniture.

Anybody know any Canadian stores (online or otherwise) that sell good, comfy affordable beds? I don't know where to begin - most beds I've seen in stores seem way overpriced, even at Canadian Tire.
Old 09-10-2013, 10:29 AM
Top Dog

I am curious to hear recommendations as well. Beds seem waaaay overpriced most places! Especially big ones like I need.
Old 09-10-2013, 10:34 AM
Club Terrible - President

I don't know if you have them in Canada, but Big Lots has cheap beds.
Old 09-10-2013, 11:53 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julee View Post
I don't know if you have them in Canada, but Big Lots has cheap beds.
I don't think we have Big Lots but we have liquidation world which is a sister company.

I have one bed from Costco that I paid $25 for three or four years ago and it's still in fantastic condition. It was big enough for both my 80lb dogs to sleep on, it was the orthopedic style bumpy foam and the cover has been washed more times that I can count.

I replaced it yesterday with a new bed from Petsmart only because I wanted a smaller bed for the living room and I had a gift card. It was on sale for $41 or something like that and it's a Martha Stewart brand (eyeroll). It seems comfortable but I don't think it's washable.
I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Buddy Girl - 2000-2013. "Blessed is he who has earned the love of an old dog."

Obi - 7 year old Incorrigible Dog.

Old 09-10-2013, 12:06 PM
Top Dog

Check out winners or marshalls I scored a West Paw bed for Gage for like $50 a couple weeks ago.
Old 09-11-2013, 02:17 PM
Show Dog

I picked up a cheapo Costco bed for $30 yesterday... They only sell large ones though and I need medium sized ones for the crates, so I'll keep looking and let you guys know.