Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Cat and Pet Forum

Old 09-06-2013, 10:15 AM
Big Mutts

Thanks Xandra..I don't want to make her feel bad. But I do want to get these kittens a good home. Thinking of going the route..."By the way, I realized I'd seen your kitten s before...."and explain the situation.

Thinking on having them in the laundry room for a short time, at least until they figure out what a litterbox is. Both my bathrooms have carpet.
Old 09-06-2013, 11:07 AM
Top Dog

I took an illegal pit-mix puppy from someone who thought I was keeping it. I had talked to him about why the two pups he had weren't safe (he had NO idea what the BSL here entails) but he was one of those "no one can take my dogs from me!" macho dumbass types. So I told him I wanted the one he was trying to give away and I sent him out of province.

Since then, the one he kept has been reported twice and he ended up moving to a rural area to keep the dog safe.

So, nope, no feelings of guilt here!
I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Buddy Girl - 2000-2013. "Blessed is he who has earned the love of an old dog."

Obi - 7 year old Incorrigible Dog.

Old 09-06-2013, 11:07 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xandra View Post
I definitely wouldn't tell her I was fostering unless it came up. When you get there just say they're really cute, you'll take great care of them, thanks very much.

Could be that she decided they weren't sick after all or not sick enough to bother with a vet and someone promising to pay her back.
Agreed...if she's willing to drop them at the shelter or give them to the first person to show up, it's just as well they get into rescue if possible. I'd consider this "Don't ask, don't tell".

Old 09-06-2013, 11:16 AM
Top Dog

I wouldnt tell her you were going to foster UNLESS she point blank asks and interviews you trying to find a good home. If she is willing to just give you the kittens, no questions asked, well, then, nothing needs to be answered IMO
Old 09-06-2013, 11:49 AM
Big Mutts

Update: Talked to the girl...she says the rescue never got back to her. Obviously the lines got crossed somewhere. This girl's family fosters for another rescue in our area.
It does sometimes take this rescue lady awhile to get back with me. She's super busy with work and tons of cats right now!

Anyway now I am making arrangements to go get our foster babies!!!

And the sick kitten is doing much better, playing, eating etc